What's the most original weapon you have ever seen in a game?

The title pretty much explains the thread's topic. 
Comments60
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Just play a Ratchet and Clank game, there are plenty. My favorites (I forget the names, so I'll describe them) include the one that turns enemies into chickens, one that sucks enemies up and shoots them as ammo, lava gun, and plenty others. 

Also, the morphgun in Jak 2 was original. I liked the peacemaker attachement, as well as the blue one that shot little glowing homing needles, and I liked the yellow attachment that shot a disk into the air that rained bullets.

In Halo, the needler is easily the most original.

Melee-wise, there are a few in Monster Hunter, like the switchblade and chargeblade.
doesnt this lead to a bigger problem, games aren´t creative anymore.
The Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles.

It's design is pretty original, and how you can use it to give yourself strength in various areas (speed, power, defense, etc.) hasn't really been done with other "Legendary Swords"
The Profiler from Watch Dogs. Yes, that is a weapon.
First weapon I thought of was Juliet's chainsaw from Lollipop Chainsaw. It's a magical chainsaw that emits rainbows and sparkles when used and has several other parts that can be hooked up to it, such as a chainsaw popper (which is basically a large cannon that fires the head of your boyfriend at zombies), a chaingun for mowing down zombies from a distance and a chopper engine to race along your path and impale zombies with for as long as the fuel lasts.
In Psi Ops, you could use your mind! You can literally pick up people with your mind and send them flying through the air... usually into heavy machinery, off ledges, or into fire! Speaking of fire, you can also light enemies on fire with your mind.

You could even make enemies heads explode, or use mind control to make them jump off buildings or attack each other... good times!
So telekinetic and pyrokinetic abilities? Interesting...
Yup, plus your own twisted creativity!
the pokeball ...................... say what you want i see it as a weapon you can catch an giant fire dragon an powerfull sea monster or even an being that controls time itself and than use them in battle war or just to destroy shit 
and if it doens't count then i'll go with the portal gun 
 The fireball sword from Smash Bros wii U/3DS.
 Large Hadron Collider of Scribblenauts.
Most creative way to destroy the world I've seen.
Portal gun
Gravity gun
The Penetrator
Oh Jesus, not the penetrator!
A camera. This is in the very short game called "Lumen". You manipulate the environment with photos and I haven't seen a mechanic like this in any other game.
Is it a good game? If so, what platform is it on?
I haven't played it myself, I've watched a youtuber play it. But it looks beautiful.

The game is for PC from what I understand and it's downloadable for free.
I looked it up, can't seem to find it on Steam.
Oh it's not on steam. Here: www.lumengame.com
I'll have to wait til I get a better PC. My PC doesn't play internet downloads very well for whatever reason.
What do you mean by your 'PC doesn't play internet downloads very well'?

Also, the website says its available for Steam store.steampowered.com/app/105….
View all replies
Ashbringer from Warcraft. In terms of design and the story behind it.