Idle games?

Cookie Clicker (Yeah I know the hype's over but I still play it)

Clicker Heroes (do you guys even know what this is? there's no posts here)

What idle games do you play? What are your strategies? Do you play legitimately or use autoplayers? Do your numerical pet peeves still apply here? (only upgrading by 10/25/100/etc)

Post your experiences here and chat to other people about theirs. All idle games are welcome.
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't consider those "games" worth talking about. I hesitate to even call them games, though they are a form of digital entertainment.
Each to their own. Games are really only considered games to people who get right into them. It is always fun to look around for people posting that they're bored and made insane challenges like a Nuzlocke variant, though.
I played both Cookie Clicker and Clicker Heroes, I found Clicker Heroes far more enjoyable and much more harder, I had to ascend like ten times to be able to reach level 200 but then it just got too time consuming to gather enough gold for the next hero. maybe I'm doing it wrong, I don't know.
Have you tried doing a Juggernaut run? I did one of those today and it shot me up to 139 after hitting a 10K click combo. Mind you, I only had lv10 Frostleaf on that run. I'd also fought two primal bosses in a row without Atman, which is good luck for me. Right now I have Siyalatas and Libertas.

I also only buy hero levels in 25s and 100s unless it's 1-25 or to make ends meet... I'm not weird for that am I?
I had to level my older heroes to 1000 to get slightly ahead but where I'm at right now it's is becoming very expensive beyond Abaddon. maybe because i'm playing Idle mode. i don't know.
I see. Are you running Siyalatas and Libertas? Because if sinking souls into them isn't doing much, you might want to try building for activity as well.
Yeah both at level 20 and not making much progress. I'd like to try building for activity but I just can't keep on clicking it's just not a viable option for me.
I see. Try the gold ancients like Mimzee and Mammon for now. I've only been playing for a month and my highest zone is 139 so I don't know how much help I'll be.
Yeah i'll try that out. thanks.
View all replies
Cookie Clicker's something I never thought I'd get addicted to. It's just so satisfying seeing the numbers build up.
I know. But after a while the number gain starts to slow down, and I keep on hitting a wall at 10 prisms and resetting.

Have you tried Clicker Heroes by Playsaurus before? It's got a few more "active elements" than Cookie Clicker, and bases around a fantasy adventure/RPG theme than a horror theme. (a warning though, there's a lot more maths involved, especially after you do a few soft resets (which is an ability from a character, it is not in the options panel. that's the hard reset)). The only thing I'd recommend is saving your seed often because sometimes an update will wipe your save.
Idle "games"?
Yeah. The word "idle" should have given the clue that the games that get mentioned in here aren't all that likely to be high action games like Halo, Destiny, or GTA. (outside example use, of course.)
How are these even games? What is the challenge?
Progress and milestone reaching. If you hit a brick wall, do a soft reset and keep going. Rinse and repeat.

Also maths and creativity, if you're into that.
I played meth clicker for a few days at work. I realized I could program a number that just counts up exponentially quickly and have it be as satisfying. So I did. And it was.
I see. I'm still early/mid game in Clicker Heroes and I haven't played Cookie Clicker in a while. On CC, my goal was to try and get 1 Decillion. I gave up at a sextillion because there's nothing to do on that one. It really loses its novelty once you hit a few hundred quint.

As for Clicker Heroes, I've only played it for a month and it's already infinitely more rewarding. I've so far done three self-issued challenges and my next one is going to be a Nuzlocke type challenge someone made specifically for the game.