Pokémon: Would you pay DLC to have more Mega's?

So we pretty much know there is going to be some sort of DLC or update to include the Battle Frontier. (I am so glad, the Battle Frontier was AMAZING in Emerald!)
But I'm wondering, since there are so many Pokémon that deserve mega's, would you pay for DLC that gave us more mega's? Like you buy a DLC that includes some mega's, and then you get the stones delivered to you through the delivery guy.

We know Nintendo is more comfortable with DLC now than when X and Y came out, due to all the Mario Kart 8 DLC's and a few other DLC's. I know I'd pay for the mega's if they were from Pokémon that I liked, and I'm sure a lot of competitive players would pay for it/ 
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
They could go the Smash route: buy both versions and get something special for free. But I can see why a lot of people would hate that.
Deep down I hope they will come out with a Emerald DLC with battle frontier and mega milotic and wallace as the champion, all for free. but I'm not sure that will happen? I mean, all we have now are hints, nothing solid right? I wouldn't mind paying for battle frontier, but megas probably not. paid dlcs would probably break the game for people who didn't pay too so I don't think thats a good idea D8
Got to be honest, no, I would not pay for Mega Evolutions as DLC's 
Too many megas, in my opinion. Mega Camerupt didn't need to happen, and Mega Glalie ESPECIALLY didn't need to happen.

What I WOULD pay for is for Nintendo to cut the bullshit where you need to go to a Gamestop or other store for an event Pokemon. The nearest Gamestop for me is an hour away, and I'm not hauling my ass through campus traffic for something I may not even use.

Ain't nobody got time for that!
nope. nintendo games are barely games we need no DLC we need all the content for one price.
I doubt they'd have paid DLCs, considering how they've done it in the past. Still, I'd like a few more. There are some that got Megas that didn't need them or couldn't be made useful even with them, while there were others who probably should've had one, but didn't. I'm puzzled why Raichu, Snorlax, and Dragonite didn't get Mega Evolutions. Snorlax especially-- it used to be awesome, but now it's almost useless, despite its high stats. A Mega Evo is exactly what it needs to make it relevant again. But no, they gave it to Pidgeot instead. I checked it out, and even after Mega Evolving, Pidgeot and its stats still suck. And since Beedrill got a Mega, why didn't its counterpart, Butterfree?

I think a combined Mega Evo for the Eeveelutions would be awesome, but that's not relevant to the discussion; it's just me fantasizing.
I don't even use Mega Evolution, so I wouldn't pay =P
So we pretty much know there is going to be some sort of DLC or update to include the Battle Frontier.

If there is one thing I've learned about Nintendo and what people say they are going to do it is that I need an article or some kind of actual proof that they are actually going to do it. So yeah, proof please.

As for the actual topic, no, I would not and I doubt Nintendo would ever will for non-illegal legendaries. Either the new megas would be completely worthless for competitive play as now every player would have to buy every DLC just to play with others (which is more of a strain for local tournaments) else they would have no way to stop people from hacking the games and getting said mega stones without paying (so it is worthless.)
There isn't anything in NintendoLife Articles, Bulbanews isn't clear, and I'm not seeing anything on Serebii. Seems unlikely, considering how massively lardous and lazy Game Freak are.
No, I wouldn't pay for more mega. I pay the game already, i think that's enough to enjoying the gaming experience.
No, I think Nintendo's current strategy of having DLC just be extra non vital content is for the best, they shouldn't start going down the dark road of EA, hell Nintendo even seemed iffy about the Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros and it should stay that way.
It could break the online battles and trades, so hopefully they won't do that :stare:
No, I would not pay for more megas. Not even for battle frontier for that matter. It's cool and all, but I think pokemon shouldn't have to rely on DLCs to have a full gaming experience.
Wait if they made Mega Evolution DLC that you actually had to pay for, wouldn't that severely risk breaking the game balance (or whatever "balance" still remains in this series) and just give people actually willing to shell out extra cash an advantage? Hasn't "pay-to-win" been the death of countless multiplayer experiences? 

Well if so, fuck that shit. No way I'd ever support that. Hopefully Nintendo isn't that stupid or desperate.  

(And if Mega Evolutions are actually innocuous then I apologize. I've not played Gen VI)
If they make flygon into a mega....just take my money nintendo
I dunno. I haven't played pokemon lately.

If anything, I want some really stupid mega evolutions to make fun of.
Considering that I think Megas are one of the dumber introductions to the series, I'd pay as much as them as I am for Ambios.

I'm not, by the way. I'm also hoping that Pokemon eventually writes itself into a corner.
I doubt Game Freak would pull that for mega evos. :P 

But if they do, I prolly won't pay. :shrug: