Having trouble installing DAI on Origin

I'm trying to install DAI on my computer but origin won't let me, or windows won't let me.

It pops up with these messages most times:
"YOUR DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN PAUSED
Origin needs to install files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission"
At the bottom of the message there is a submit an error report, but that won't even be sent.
Also there isn't a prompt.

The other error message reads:
"DOWNLOAD FAILED
Oops... windows blocked our attempt to download game content if you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select "Retry" below. When prompted, grant permission within the User Account Control pop-up"

I push retry and the same message pops up. I'm not sure what i should do.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So is the Orange Hurricane of Doom the only place you can get that game?
yeah i know, I always wondered why ppl used to complain about Origin...
Should have gotten it off steam.

No point in talking about it now, i'm screwed and i'm trying to fix it.
There are reasons why Yahtzee and Totalbiscuit dread having to do anything with it and why people say they have to get their computers excised.
what would you recommend in the future?
Go through steam?
I'd suggest GOG. 

It probably doesn't have DA: I, but at least you'd not have to deal with that nonsense.

Okay, but seriously for your sanity, yes Steam.

(But give GOG a look.)
whatever happened to installing something and not having to worry about some third party crap to install your games on? That's what I'm wondering, but whatever i digress.
GOG doesn't have that. They have their own simple installer, no DRM, and the classics are fixed up to work with today's machines. :la:
View all replies
Exit origin, right click on it, and run it as an admin.
didn't work, the same messages mentioned above appeared.

also, i can't even exit out of origin, i have to restart and it won't even let me restart unless i force to close it. It says something about origin is installing something but when you look in the installation queue it's empty...