How is Pokemon ORAS for you so far?

Well, it's been a day since the game officially came out.
That and Super Smash Bros Wii U.

I've yet to get my copy of the game, but from what I've seen from other people so far, the game looks great!
It retained some of its features from the original games while also adding in new features from Gen 6.
So much nostalgia! I remember playing RSE on the GBA all those years ago. I'm old...
I really can't wait to play this game myself and go through Hoenn again!

For those who have already played the game (or finished for some of you), how is the game on its own and how does it compare to the original GBA games?
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
ill get it but i skipped it at launch because to be hounest pokemon just is kinda stale now there decent games but there are better jrpgs out there that people are missing out on (tales of xillia for example)

i mean there are other rpgs that are approachable to non rpg fans besides pokemon u know
True, there are other RPG's out there that do better.
I love the Tales games and other JRPG's like Xenoblade Chronicles.

Pokemon may not be my favorite RPG, but it's one of the more memorable ones.
Tons of people played this in their childhoods, myself included.
I guess that's why people still play this to this day. They wanna see how far this franchise has gone since that time.
Heck, pokemon lasted for more than a decade and it's still going strong, so they must be doing something right.

Sure there's final fantasy that lasted way longer than pokemon and is even bigger, but I've been losing faith in it ever since Squaresoft became Square Enix.
I guess it's only a matter of introducing new RPG's to them and having them experience something different.
yeah i enjoy pokemon im just sating ^^

yeah tales of games are pretty cool i like xillia the most its the reason i havent sold my ps3
I still got the really bulky PS3 from christmas when it first came out, and it still works. :meow:
I never played RSE but ORAS is my new favourite Pokemon game. Riding around on Latios is just beyond awesome.
It kinda makes the Fly HM a bit obsolete in comparison.
It's still useful, yes.
But then why use that when you can fly around freely? ^^;
It does make Fly useless yeah, but I guess it's still useful if you don't want Latios/Latias on your team c:
I beat the game and I got to say it was really good I loved pokemon Y too
I looove it. They came up with new innovative ideas and yet kept it nostalgic here and there <3
Yeah! I've got my copy, and I'm loving every minute of it!
Especially the contests, they really made it much easier to get into. :)
I am sooo in love with the DexNav radar and how you get egg moves from it. Makes each pokemon you catch unique! :3
And it makes move breeding much easier. :meow:
Got it yesterday, Ruby, just like I did when I was little, and even going mainly on Ralts and Mudkip like I did back then too. Somehow though, the thing that caught me the most within the first hour, was the TIP-TOEING! Literally spent ten minutes tip-toeing incredibly slowly around Littleroot.

Just sheer nostalgia just now, absolutely adoring it, just after Slateport at the rival battle that I so hated in my childhood.
What was so bad about the rival battle in the cycling road route?
I dunno, I just always had a terrible time on it as a kid for some reason, kept getting beat. Probably was trying to get a Marshstomp to beat up a Grovyle or something knowing me :XD:
I kinda get where you're coming from.
Beat your rival's starter with your own starter. I did that too. ^^;
Well, it sounds like a good idea if it actually works, if you just keep taking quadruple damage... well...
ORAS was just released in Europe today; went and picked up a copy of Alpha Sapphire from the supermarket earlier, and it has definitely exceeded my expectations! c:

The new opening was a huge gut-punch full of nostalgia. I adore the way they've remodelled all the cities and routes - updated Rustboro is looking great. They really nailed the soundtrack, as well - they managed to keep things feeling fresh and new whilst simultaneously keeping the songs recognisable.

Highly enjoyable game so far! I'm at Slateport at the moment, with my 'mons around level 15-20.
Wait till you defeat Steven.
All I'll say is it will be epic. :D
Managed to finish the game the other day; Wally's battle and theme at Victory Road were amazing.
Aside from Mauville, I LOVE the game so far. 
Hoenn is my favorite region, so I had high expectations for this game, especially where the music is concerned. That and the graphics were the biggest deal for me. 
Yeah, I was surprised to see the changes they did with Mauville city.
I think some people are even calling it "Mall-ville". ^^;