Arkham Asylum and Arkham City

I know these are older but I hear they are really good and I bet I could get them cheap now.  Has anyone played them? Did you enjoy them? 
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I loved the hell out of both of them. Don't look up any spoilers, but they seriously nail it on both storytelling and gameplay fronts.
I would definitely recommend them! I've always loved the Batman storylines and these games take the best part of the comic book source and excellently put them in a game, by using the eerie and surreal world of Batman and making it an amazing adventure. The voice acting is spectacular! With Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reprising their roles as Batman and Joker, respectively which is awesome-sauce seeing as they are my favourite voice actors for these characters.

Arkham Asylum started the series off with a bang but City improved it by adding on the combat system and letting you interact and stumble onto new villains and heroes, plus there is a spectacular boss battle in there (I'm sure if you play it, you'll know which one I mean)

And if you plan to get Origins, I do recommend it. People hated on that game but with great voice acting, amazing well done Boss fights and a reasonable play time, it's worth the go, specially if you play the Cold Cold Heart DLC. The story falls a little and the fighting is more focussed on fighting dudes than stealth (which is what I loved from the previous games) but it's still a great play.

Hope this helped, and if you've already bought and played it, hope you enjoyed it!  
These games take the best things about the Batman series and use them to potential. I love 'em :thumbsup:
Both are fantastic games. I can't wait for Arkham Knight.
excellent excellent games
The Arkham series is all great and a lot of fun, each title has its ups and downs but overall are still easily 9/10 games (Arkham City is even arguable for a 10/10.)
You can likely get them all super cheap as well.

Asylum started it all, of course, and is great fun. Probably has the best story of them all. The gameplay is the weakest being the first, but still the perfect thing to get you into the freeflow combat. The boss fights are the absolute worst though, with Scarecrow's being the only fun ones.

City is incredible, massive, and truly an experience. Everything is a solid step up from Asylum. I'd argue the story isn't as tight as Asylum's, but that's about it. The boss fights are great, especially Mr. Freeze- you HAVE to play that one for yourself.

Origins was fun. A lot of people consider it a step back, but I actually really liked it. The gameplay is a much faster paced version of City's, which if you've gotten used to freeflow, then maybe you'll welcome the challenge. The story isn't great, but still exceptionally well told. The multiplayer is terrible and should be avoided. The game itself is very glitchy, buggy, and not very well patched at all. Regardless, it's still worth a play in my opinion.
what's so bad about the boss fights? 
In Asylum? They're for the most part fairly repetitive, with one or two exceptions. Nothing to really write home about.
I really can't go that much more into it without spoilers. They're amazing games, regardless. Go play them now.
Get them both now, if your a fan of Batman (or good videogames in general) you'll love these games.
both were incredible even without any of the DLC
I liked them both, but disliked the Catwoman segments of Arkham City so much I deleted all the game data just to remove them and then didn't re-add them.
So good. Get them.
They are freaking fantastic!! :la: If you loved Batman the Animated Series, you will be pleased to find that they used the voice actors from that show! Kevin Conroy plays Batman, Mark Hamill plays Joker, and Arleen Sorkin plays Harley Quinn. (In Asylum. Then Tara Strong plays her in Arkham City.)

The gameplay is awesome! It's a combination of hand to hand combat, detective work, roaming, and more!

The plot just keeps building and building on itself! You wanna find out what Joker is up to! (In Asylum. City is a whole other story)

But if you're gonna get them, make sure to get Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition. There's DLC that you would normally have to pay for, but if you buy this edition, then you get a disk that comes with all of the downloadable content.

Get those games! They're amazing!
Cool, I'll try to get Asylum for starters as soon as I can, hopefully soon. 
:D Have fun when you do!
i'm looking forward to it. are they pretty lengthy? 
Arkham Asylum? No. You can finish that in a night.

Arkham City? Yes. That takes forever! Especially with the Riddler Trophies!!
aw, I like lengthy games though.  I feel cheated if I beat something too fast.  I like games like Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dark Souls, etc where you can put 100 hours into them easy. 
Actually no. The only reason I can beat Arkham Asylum in a night is because I've memorized where a lot of the Riddler Trophies are and I cheat. Lol
View all replies