Hatred. seriously wtf guys?!

in case everyone here doesn't already know an new video game made in Poland called Hatred is being made, its a free roaming isometric game where the objective is simply to kill people thats it just kill people, it makes GTA look like a ray of sunshine.

Even the makers of the Unreal engine whose engine the game uses are horrified and want nothing to do with it, and its been referred to as being a tool for committed genocide.
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't really care much... I can understand why people feel very uneasy about that game, but the whole blind demonization of it is ridiculous. There's always been games made with the quest to kill things -some had a plot, others none at all or just a minor one.
All I've seen of this game looked cool though; meaning the graphics. I'd go at this in an objective way; might try it if the gameplay and all is properly done :XD:
Everyone got upset over another game a while back that wasn't too different.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of…

...And today no one gives a fuck. Guess what'll happen with this one?
Journalists who pretend they play video games and wrote articles about it are making a pointless big deal about it. I can see its spreading influence.
a game where the objective is to kill.....
i need a little more info than that.
isometric game
objective is simply to kill people
Reminds me of Hotline Miami.

And then a lot of other games, say, the ones with "kill" in it's name.

Like Killing Floor.

Whatever moral wrong or shock this game is committing or contains, OP is not very descriptive about it.
What it's like GTA, but without any sign of plot or character development o_o? (not that I care for GTA tbh)
I saw a trailer for it and loved it a lot. I just hope it runs on this piece of crap desktop.
Gamers don't bat an eyelash at games like GTA, but THIS is what sets them off? Wow.
How much worse is it than anything Rockstar Games has produced in the last two decades? Is there a trailer anywhere?
I just watched the trailer, and I thought the voice sounded hilarious, like the narrator who does honest trailers. I couldn't take the main character seriously, so I can't really take the rest of the gaming footage seriously either.
Ok.... And? I don't see the problem
Just ignore it. It's not gonna see any widespread distribution because no one will touch it. The media will ignore it except for the SJW nutjobs. It'll quickly vanish into a barely discussed novelty like Custer's Revenge.
So um..

What's the problem here exactly?
So by chance, how does the violence compare to games like No More Heroes, Mad World, all of the Saint Row games, all of the Grand Theft Auto games, Manhunt, Postal, and any others with some graphic deaths like Team Fortress 2 and Fallout 3/New Vegas?
Since when does TF2 have graphic deaths
Did they get rid of the exploding body parts in an update or something? While the game is not as bad as No More Heroes or Mad World, it is still fairly graphic (heck, even the Meet the Spy/Sniper/Pyro videos are fairly graphic.)
Omg it's the end of humanity as we know it! 

*snicker*
Your icon goes well with that comment =p
It sounds awesome.

I don't think it is logical to say a video game is going to make people commit genocide.  Do we do any of the other things we do in video games? I play games where I drive 150+miles per hour and ram police officers off the road... But in real life, I've never even gotten a traffic ticket.  In Tomb Raider, I go into ancient tombs and steal shit, but whenever I visit someplace like that in real life, I don't take anything.

Or how about The Oregon Trail game... It promotes traveling across the United States in nothing but a wagon. It promotes driving through a river instead of floating over it so you can save $5.  In that game, I've shot bison, deer, squirrels, and rabbits.  When my family members die, I bury them along the road and keep going.  They let you play that game in elementary school classrooms. But if I came across a river in real life, I wouldn't ford it.  If my mom died, I wouldn't bury her along the road and continue onward.

Video games are fun. They are fake. That's all they are.
lol people are talking about the violence when the real talking point is the topic of the game - a video game about a crime people so often attribute to violent video games. The actual violence is not important. It's not even that violent compared to other games. I can't wait until the media gets their hands on this and start rubbing their hands in glee.
You can't blame your own or anyone else's behavior on any kind of medium, be it video game, movie, music or book. Your actions are always your own.

If this kind of game stimulates people to go on a killing spree, it might be able to be considered a tool for revealing individuals who are already unstable. 
Siiiigh. I REALLY can't wait until we're done hearing about this.
The devs seem cool. The notion that games are art is ridiculous, and I don't like political correctness.

I just see this game as something to just have fun with. Killing innocents in games isn't some groundbreaking shit in 2014, no need to get worked up over it.