Hyrule Warriors for $59.96 at WALMART?!?!?!?

I think $60 is TOO FREAKING MUCH for a video game!
In order to get it, I have to wait till CHRISTMAS!

I can probably get Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS if I trade in.
Don't you tink it's a bit TOO EXPENSIVE for it? Is it fair or unfair? What do you think? Is it worth it?
Comments122
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Keep in mind that Hyrule Warriors has a $20-25 DLC bundle available already (or it was available as a bundle until the first part of the bundle got released sometime in the past week or two, so it might be more expensive to buy it now and you might not get the Dark Link costume for Link since it was advertised as a pre-purchase bonus for the bundle)
Complaining about the prices won't help anything. The companies don't care, because they view you as an entitled, whiny brat. Prove them wrong.
To clarify, I am very limited on my usage of my birthday money, I'm only 13. I'll have to wait until Christmas to get soomething like that. All my gaming consoles were Christmas gifts, just not on the same year. I got the Wii U the holiday season it came out. I got a limited edition 3DS XL for Christmas the following year.
oh, sorry, i was just browsing steam. and gog.
arent all new games 59.99? athough i do agree that is a ridiculous price for games. At least the price for consoles has dropped drastically. could you imagine paying 799.99 for a sega genesis or nes on release? i still cant believe that
GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!
Really?  In my country that would be considered cheap for a video game :|
Really? How much does it cost?
Hyrule Warriors?  I believe the selling price is currently $92
GOOD GOD ALL MIGHTY! NO WAY AM I PAYIN' $100 FOR A VIDEO GAME! SCREW THAT! I COULD GET TWO WITH THAT KIND OF MONEY! GOD YOU GOT IT BAD!
The only way you're going to get a game for fifty bucks over here is if it's a pre-owned cartridge.

But I just remembered that our currencies are slightly different so I'll amend my statement a bit.  A copy of Hyrule Warriors is $92 NZD, which is around $70 USD
Yeah, that too....... heheh......
News flash.  It's been that way for a while.  All the way back to the 16-bit generation, in fact.  Those old RPG's would put a big hole in your bank account. 
Umm....... if you've read down below, I already heard that.
there is a thing called steam maybe
The standard game price sucks. Nowadays they slap $60 on every console game, without considering length, replay ability, quality, etc. Now I'm not calling Hyrule Warriors a bad game (I've never played it, and actually I'm getting it for Christmas too) but there's very few games out there that I actually think are worth full price. 
At least you didn't pre-order it. EB Games requires a five bucks pre-order charge ON TOP of the games price. I had to pay a little over $65 for the game (so worth it though, you have no idea). And that doesn't include the five DLC packs that are being released for the game.
If paying $60 for a game is an issue, wait until the holidays. Things get cheaper then or go on Boxing Day-pretty much everything is on sale then (or Black Friday, where ever you live). But expect games to be costly now. I know Wii U games are around $50-$60, so you're pretty much expected to shell that out regardless of when the game came out.
Wow... it's definitely been a long time since I've pre-ordered anything at EB Games. Back when I had preordered Skyrim for the PS3, I only had to put down a minimum $5, leaving me only having to pay the difference [and tax] on launch day.
No it's still the same. I was saying the game costs even more with the five bucks on top of that-it's not that much of a difference but it's still five bucks more than I would have liked to pay. Personally, I'd rather pay the game in full when I do pre-order; easier that way and my bank account is wonky on transactions so if I run out of transaction on launch day, I would lose my copy of the game and have to pay again (cause they only hold for 48 hours).
I NEVER pre-order anything EVER. 
And, I live in the USA, specifically in Maryland.
I've only pre-ordered like two or three times, which was good for one game since they sold out pretty fast. And I wanted the OoT DLC XD
Ah. I think Game Stop is similar to EB Games or something, so they probably have the stupid charge too.
:shrug: Then trade in some games to Walmart, usually if you return it within a month you get most if not all your money back.
Not bad of an idea, however I got most of MY games from GameStop.
My local GameStop was closed due to a power outage........ which sucks!