What have video games taught you?

Inspired by the thread "What has the internet taught you?", I want to ask: what have video games taught you? The funnier the better :)

For example:

•Age of Empires taught me that it's easy for one person to build the next wonder of the world. All you have to do is pull a hammer out of thin air and continuously hammer the ground near where you want the building to be. Keep hitting the ground until the building is finished.

•Minecraft taught me to turn on all the lights in my house at night. Zombies spawn in dark corners.

•Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64 taught me that if you have a golden gun, shooting even the most insignificant part of somebody's body kills them instantly.
Comments311
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hitman:
never expect people to change... because no matter how long you wait or how big a splash you make people will keep going back to their little habits and ignore what happened a few minutes ago.

DMC 3:
taught me how to use a motorcycle as a nunchaku. 

Stronghold Crusader:
people don't need food as long as they're happy. 

Dark Souls:
it's okay to die.

Assassin's Creed:
anything I've learned in physics is wrong.

-If you have a phobia or fear, tough shit, life won't write you a pass because of it. You either face it down, or quit the game. Being an arachnophobe, and fighting spiders the size of my foot or bigger while in the first-person-point-of-view of System Shock 2 or the Thief series showed me that really quick.

-Sometimes the answer to a problem is right in front of your face; you just have to look around.

-It's okay to ask for help.

-
The original Sonic The Hedgehog games taught me how to work under pressure.
Dot Hack taught me that if I ever meet a cat lady: 1) They like aromatic grass. 2) They see things no one else can.
A certain game (not saying which) taught me not to sleep with strangers...they will kill you in your sleep.
RCT taught me that if you run a roller coaster into a ferris wheel, it will just stop spinning for a few seconds and continue like nothing happened.
Pokemon: 10 year olds with trained creatures can save the world. :D 
Halo:Whenever there is an invasion,just kill em off
Games have taught me to be a badass, be myself, don't take shit from anybody, be a hero.
EVERYTHING!!!!CURSE YOU! 

well except how to get girls, and kissing them and making love to them but meh Giggle 
Roller Coaster Tycoon: You can mess with people, even kill them, and nobody gives a crap! :dummy:

Legend of Zelda: DO NOT HIT CHICKENS OR THEIR BRETHREN WILL COME AND KILL YOU.

Guild Wars 2: No one ever knows how to kill a boss after a whole month of it coming out.

Kingdom Hearts: Everyone in the world is Xehanort. No exceptions.

Prince of Persia 2008: You can never die as long as you got a princess with magical powers from a god following you around.
Legend of Zelda: DO NOT HIT CHICKENS OR THEIR BRETHREN WILL COME AND KILL YOU.

Bahahaha.  :lmao:
They will. THEY WILL. :stare:
Games get boring after a while.
Cheats are fun, but have consequences.

Never exchange numbers with a kid, they will call you constantly to tell you how amazing their pet rat is.

A ten-year-old can totally take down the bad guys....police don't exist.

Italian plumbers can jump REALLY high.

Always save. ALWAYS.
Things can blow up unexpectedly Nuu 
Simple, that if you don't fight, you'll die. ^^
I'd say there are som exceptions to that rule. If your character's too weak to win, it may be better to sneak around the enemy.
Goat simulator: Goats are the supreme beings XD
Animal jam: you can change animals any time you want & eagles can wear jumpers and racoon tails.
Portal: THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!
Well, games in general taught me the American accent, Jak and Dax taught me not to use my dark side if I have allies, in other words allies just slow me down...but in online games they are a blessing
Ratchet and clank taught me that an easy game is more fun than a hard game
Spider man games taught me stuff about Spidey
RTS. Games taught me that obliterating
your enemy entirely in each battle gets you no were.
The most important is: playing like a pro is playing clumsy, playing wisely is playing accurately
Chocolate neutralizes acid