Vivi

does anyone know what he is? is he just a little person? I love this character so much! (cause I just played ff!X for the first time QAQ)
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Aww, I love Vivi!  :w00t!:
He's a black mage, who first debuted (black mages that is) in FF1. They're supposed to be shrouded in mystery who they are (reason the face is black) but they certain went in a goofy creature direction with them later on.
Vivi is one of my favorite video game characters.  He's kind of like the fantasy equivalent of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit; he's a man-made war machine that somehow becomes self aware and just wants to fit in and do what's right.  I like him because he's sweet, innocent, and just full of existential angst.  His friendship with Zidane is odd, but it works really well.

FFIX is an amazing game.  I may have to give it another playthrough soon.
Yes! I know right? I love how he wants to find his purpose. I will probably play it again sometimes in the future. it is very very good
Yeah, I haven't played an rpg since that has had such good story and character development.  It's mostly flash over substance these days.
Funny that, Vivi was a cool guy to use in battle, but somehow the natural selection of how my party came to be weeded him out half way through. I think it happened because he took his sweet ass time learning new spells that were useful (I recall being stuck with the basic Fire spell for quite a while), while Freya and Zidane became the damage makers and Garnet and Eiko were healers, stat-makers, and summoners, and it worked all the way up to the end game.
Yes, Final Fantasy 9 was pretty much the last good Final Fantasy. Sad thing, that.
pretty much... :( i found 10 and 12 to be...eh alright but 9 seems to be the one where the story changes fro good to crappy
Well, death isn't exactly the most happy of subjects to deal with.
I just know him from KH2...not much help here. ^_^;
Vivi is a Black Mage, an artificial race of beings designed to be magic wielding war machines in FF9, though a small amount of them have gained sentience and now struggle with the big questions of life and the nature of their existence.