Korean Video Games Are OP

Anyone else thinks that Korean video games are just amazing in many different ways? Take FlyFF, Tera, and Blade and Soul as an example. Honestly I just get mind-blown with the scenery in such games. When FlyFF used to be popular, it had one of the biggest amount of players in a MMORPG. 
Comments62
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't play much korean games. I play S4 League, Arch Blade, and sometimes StarCraft.
i mostly play MMORPG 
I used to play S4 a lot but I heard hackers are abundant now
Not after they transferred to Aeria Games! It's a bit more laggy sometimes but I haven't see a hacker yet.
Ohhh good to know!!!
As long as the game is good, who cares where it's from
I think it is important to know where they come from in order to identify why they are so good. Could be related to culture or something similar you never know :)
So are you gonna play ArchAge?
I have no clue yet!
The best Korean game ever made, and is still the best MMO all around ever made, is Ragnarok Online which is one of the first MMOs ever made in general. Talk about getting it right the first time around :)
That is true Ragnarok is Korean too! nice!
Oh yea, lets not forget Atlantica Online as well, I rate that as easily being the 2nd best MMO ever made.

Oh yea that's right, Airrivals/Ace Online is also Korean as well, which is easily high up there.

Zero Online is pretty awesome as well, however the quest design is pretty boring.

Needless to say, if you want to play a high quality MMO, you play a Korean MMO.  The only non Korean MMO worth a damn, is DDO(It's a pretty good damn MMO, but you can only play it a few weeks or a month at a time, because of its repetitive nature)
Yeah I also played DDO, it was very good but repetitive...Did you have a chance to play S.U.N? It is also a great Korean game!
No, never even heard of that one.
It was around for little, but it was very good!
It seems like these days that the only nations that make games are America and Japan. More nations should make games. 
Europe has been huge in games development for years, especially recently.

Hell, just look at The Witcher alone.  Even Grand Theft Auto games are Scottish. 
And also europe. I mean there aren't enough games from second world nations. 
I just said The Witcher.  That's from Poland, as were games like Painkiller and Bulletstorm, from People Can Fly.  Also, Croatia made the Serious Sam games.  And I'm sure there are a butt-load more that I'm not gonna go researching at the moment.  I just spent maybe 15 or so minutes double-checking this stuff to make sure these were indeed second-world examples.

But in all fairness, the whole "number-world" nation thing shouldn't even factor into it.  Those aren't even solid, sensible terms to use.  Just going by continent is enough. 
 lol, I almost forgot. Most of eastern europe is poor! My bad.  

Anyway, there are some awesome ones. Like Stalker (2007)
Actually, it has nothing to do with their economy. 

It's just if they are/were soviet nations...like I said, it's not a very "exact" descriptor and really has nothing to do with game development at all.
Well, what do I know about the world anyway. I'm just some silly 19 year old. 
Oh man, I loved the early Serious Sam games. Just good old fashioned shoot-the-fuck-out-of-everything fun.
With some great smart-ass remarks thrown in for good measure!

:iconserioussamstoneplz::iconsaysplz:Tell me how my PLANET tastes, Mother-Fucker! 
And it was one of the best looking games of it's time. I was running the thing on max settings back in the day.