What would you love to see returning or improved on in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes?

I understand that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire haven't come out yet and they might come out in 5-10 years in a new Nintendo handheld console, but Sinnoh is the region that got me into pokemon.  What would you like to see in Diamond and Pearl remakes?  New features? New designs? New graphics? Improved story? Anything!  
Comments66
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I honestly don't have a clue. All I want to see is the Sinnoh Region in the 3D style is all. :D
I'm also hoping Kanto and Johto get 3D remakes too but that doesn't seem likely...
*Glances over at Pearl*
I haven't finished Pearl yet, so I want to beat it before they decide on doing a remake. XDD
I'm probably going to restart my copy since I traded all my good Pokemon to Y. :I
It's okay!  You got years before they'll even announce the remake! Unless I'm wrong, and they're not going to do the remake which will make me cry.
Honestly I don't know what they could improve upon, I know the original 4th gen games were a little slow, but that's already been fixed, and I like the region enough as it is. I'm really excited for it but just can't think of anything I'd like to see added
I liked the region in general also, but it didn't really have a defining landmark like Lumiose city for Kalos, Goldenrod city for Johto, or Castelia city for Unova.  I hope the future graphics will make the landscapes in Sinnoh even more amazing and impressive against the rest of the regions. I'm also hoping that the gym leaders will get more involved in the story (not likely) because they're my favorite set of gym leaders. 
I think either Jubilife City or Mt. Coronet was Sinnoh's defining location, though it isn't as impressive as those of other regions. I think the gym leaders should get better stories too, and the e4. They're my favorite e4 so... And maybe going underground through wifi?  Having to have someone to go underground with was a real pain in the ass
Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum were by far my favorite Pokemon games, and I would love to see a remake. But even though they came out 7 years ago, I think Nintendo should wait until at least Gen 8 (if Pokemon goes that far) for a remake. 

I'd like them to expand more on the Underground. It was a crapload of fun with a friend, but alone, not so much. For one, they should add online play (have servers to make sure you and someone else don't have the same secret base location), add a lot more furniture, add some mini games to it, and do more than just dig up spheres. Like it would be cool if say you had to defend your base from Diglet, Exacdrill, etc, attacks. Idk how that'd work; it's just an idea.
  Also I'd love to see more expansion on Sinnoh's mythology. It was the only region that had such fleshed out backgrounds, and I feel if Nintendo added even more to the story of Arceus, Dialga, etc, and made some bad ass cut scenes to go along with them, that would be amazing.

I think Pokemon can go that far depending on how much money they make by then which is likely they'll still be making a lot.  I think generation 8 would be a good time to introduce the remakes.  The 3DS can have 2 generations pokemon, then the next console can have the 8th generation.

I still loved the Underground when I was by myself.  I mostly went there to dig up treasure and sell it for extra cash, but expanding it and utilizing street pass on it would make it even better.  Having Pokemon battles against trainers in the Underground just like the Secret Bases in Hoenn or against pokemon like you said would also make it even more exciting.  

I actually haven't thought about the ledgendaries.  That would a good idea especially since they'll have the cutscenes in 3D animation and in HD, too.
I would like to see an actual answer to the ruins in Cynthia's hometown in Diamond and Pearl she says it's about mesirit, azelf, unite, and either Dialga or Palkia. In Platinum it says it's about Dialga, Palkia, Giritina, and Arceus. I would like to see something happen if you brought the pokemon depicted to the ruins like you unlock a room with another master ball or you get some kind of special cutscene or something.
That's interesting.  I remember trying to get all the different forms of Unown in there.  There were some people saying you can get Celebi or another rare pokemon if you do, but I only got letter seals for my poke balls. =(  Those ruins are always a mystery to me and I never really figured out anything, so that would be a cool idea.
I always just felt like they were there just to be there. I would like to see some real purpose to them.
Yeah, I read the Bulbapedia article on the ruins and that's pretty much it.  But if you get at least one of each letter Unown then you can reach the second floor through the ruin maniac near Veilstone.
Hmm thats neat but I still feel like it needs something more.
It doesn't really need a remake :B  But if it had... the underground was a cool idea, but it didn't work really well for me :lol: Bury orbs, dig 'em up in three days, buy boring furniture... and that's it.  All by myself usually.  :paranoid:  Streetpass and wi-fi would be neat for those, and being able to be there with your friends without having to sit in the same room.  I'd also like to have pokemon battles down there, or something else with pokemon at least.
Well, basically everything in it could use a touch-up. :B  Diamond was my first pokemon game, but playing through it again... the plot sucks, the characters are lame... everything, man.  
's probably never gonna happen, though :lol:
The console after the 3DS might not be backwards compatible for DS games so it might be a good time for remakes then. =)  I loved the Underground.  I actually like doing repetitive things to get furniture for my bases and digging up treasure to get some extra cash. Yes, something like Secret Bases in ORAS would be cool.  Yeah, Pearl is pretty boring when you replay it (Platinum improved it a lot). That's why a remake would actually be a good idea, so they can spice the games up and add something new to them.  

Nintendo is probably going to do a remake for all the main series games so far.  It brings them more money, allows them to improve on things, bring nostalgia for older fans, and allow new gamers to experience the older regions.  But yeah, most importantly it brings them money.
I would just be happy if the battle speed wasn't so damn slow. :B
Hmm, I guess it is a bit slow.  
I'd like to see a Pokemon game that ditches the turn-based fighting for a real-time six-party tag-team fighting game of sorts.
I think it would be cool if they changed the usual mechanics around to allow Pokemon to dodge attacks and use their environment more kind of like the anime, but I think it would be too complicated.  
im imagining a tales of game with pokemon in it, that sounds really cool in theory
I'd imagine the battle system starting a bit like Chrono Trigger, where your character sends out a Pokemon without the game ever transitioning to an external "arena" screen, and then the battle itself would play out in real-time like an action or a hack-and-slash type of game.
that sounds also good
I think it's still a bit early to be thinking of DS Pokemon game remakes. :lol:

Although the Distortion World would look pretty great these days, if it wre to ever get a remake. 
Yes, I know.  But I'm too excited, so I just can't hide it!

That would be awesome!  It would be cool to see the environment as if you're actually in it like Lumiose city or the cave with the cool rocks and Kangaskhan.