Destiny Beta?

Seeing as the beta just ended, I was wondering what you guys and gals thought of it? For fun, post your class and race you went with (for each character, or just the one you stuck with, your call), and your best memory of Destiny

I was a Exo Warlock. ROBOT SPACE WIZARDS REPRESENT!

Personally, I think it could be one of the best games next gen, and not too shabby for last gen ( I played on 360). It just mashes a bunch of genres so well, it almost brings a tear to my eye. One moment you are exploring the ruins of Old Russia, the next you are fighting a giant spider robot with a few friendly strangers. My best memory has to be the Tower, with all the little things only Bungie  can pull off successfully: impromptu dance offs, watching the sun set near the Watcher from atop an awning/railing, among other stuff. 

Sept. 9th can't come soon enough... :D
Comments33
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Exo Titan! Made it to level 8!
     I loved wandering around Old Russia in my Sparrow. Operating the Sparrow was very, very fun. Or helping newbies was fun as well. Heh, and impressing them with your weapons. XD
EXO MASTER RACE!

... j/k! 

Seriously, I think the Exo race looks cool, like somewhere between Terminators, those androids from Flashback, and any given robot from Star Wars. ^^

Also, those Sparrows have to be the most fluid form of transport I've run across in my years of gaming. I almost shed a tear when it shows how you can summon your personal hover-bike ON THE FLY. :iconcryforeverplz:

All this MMO-esque stuff reminds me of my short time with Runescape in high school, but much, much better. ^^
I really enjoyed it. I was lucky enough to play the Alpha for it though, so the Beta wasn't too different, just a couple extra missions and more players really. The game is definitely a lot of fun though, really excited to see what it has to offer come September.
Really? Man, wish I was in the Alpha, even though it looks like I didn't miss out on much. XD

After that taste of the game, I can't wait for September to roll around, either! 

Also, heard about the end-game raids, where you can't match-make with random people, only friends (as in, they are private servers only)? 
Wasnt bad, didnt seem groundbreaking or anything though.
Yeah, a lot of people said that, it seems. Everyone has their own opinions, right? ^_^
Yeah.

I guess the full version would probably reveal why its 'the next best thing', from the beta, I didnt see it.
I mean, its a fine game, dont get me wrong, but its just fine.

I'm also dissapointed the beta is done already, I'd have liked to given the other 2 classes a try.
But then again, why try anything else once you've been a Warlock.
I can see why the beta didn't impress some people, but I think that Bungie might spruce things up after a month or so of polishing up the loose ends. It does feel basic after a while, but I'm a sucker for the MMO-style interactions like dancing, so it didn't feel TOO bland. 

Also, I have to agree, Warlocks are the most versatile class in the game. Punching stuff with the psuedo-force felt solid, and that grenade was efficient at clearing groups in your way. I never tried the other two classes, and whn the game comes out, i'll probably try 'em. 
It was pretty fun! The UI and shitty communication options were a let down, though.
I agree! You have to give it a break, though, it WAS a incomplete beta. I will admit, that UI did glitch a couple of times, though it only lasted a couple of second at the most. 
It didn't glitch for me, I just didn't like using it. lol

I REALLY hope they can put more communications options, though. Having the D-Pad do merely four actions is just primitive.
Oh, well, guess that was pretty cumbersome, looking back at it. 

Also, the actions mapped to the d-pad were pretty cool, but I agree that there could have been more added, maybe with button combinations? 
3 of the D-Pad buttons could open menus with several expressions while one could be reserved for in-game chat.
Hmm, I remember something like that on Monster Hunter 3.... 

Either way, I'd definately like to see them do something like this, it would help immensely. ^^
Indeed! It's a pain to look through the whole player list to find just the person you wanna talk to. And even then you have to send them a message via PSN or XBL, which is slow as hell.

I'm sure they'll implement better communication features. Destiny is an MMO after all, no way they're gonna leave it like this.
View all replies
Couldn't get past the start where you are running through the dark tunnel and those fallens are jumping out of everywhere. One jumped down from the ceiling or something, scared the shit out of me. I was like "nope" and dashboarded it.
Huh, really? I just kept shooting and force-palming my way though. Past that part, it opened to another area, though I'll admit it was full of those tough enemies. 
I get scared pretty easily, I hate dark dungeons/tunnels. Don't mind when playing with others but not on my own.
Well, I used to be that way, but then I braved through RE1 when I was about 15... and that seemed to be the start of me getting scared less. It helps if you just face your fears in a postive light, from what I've experienced. I'll still about punch the monitor if I get jump-scared, like one of those stupid prank videos. 

Moving on, I do hate dungeons that are so dark, you can get lost easliy. IMO, it covers up design flaws, not add to the atmosphere. That dungeon you mentioned seemed to be only like that in the room where you first run into those zombie-things, and I'll admit, it does unnerve you the first time. Believe me, it helped to punch everything, then spray them with my rifle, rinse and repeat. I emptied the room in, say, thirty seconds. XD
It was really cool. I can't wait till September 9. I was a human warlock.
Same here! Even for a beta, it was the most fun I've had in a while! 
It looks very promising!
I'd have to agree, I'm planning on reserving it this upcoming weekend! ^^