Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sonic Adventure
-Awesome soundtrack
-You have the option to play as other characters aside from Sonic
-Little to no crazy/unnecessary gimmicks
-Chao garden
Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Has a lot of great levels, Right now I can't think of a bad level in that game; every level has something good about it. I like the art design, playable characters and most of all, the music ties it all together.

Sonic CD comes very close with it's time travel mechanic and music. I think it's nice seeing alternate versions of each level. Special Stages are probably the most challenging of all the games; I can still to this day get all the Emeralds in S3&K with no problems. Time Stones not so much due to that tricky depth perception when jumping at the UFOS.
Now, I'm gonna sound REALLY weird for this, but my favorite was Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood. It's even weirder since I really don't care for RPGs. I found the story to be really cool, and being the only RPG in the Sonic franchise, it was really unique. Although, I do agree that the music is freaking terrible (aside from the intro song).
I've always been told Sonic CD was the best of the 2D Sonic games.  I really should try playing it.  :nod:
You should. It's on steam now.
Probably Adventure and Heroes. I like Adventure's hub worlds and at least slightly fleshed out story. And I enjoy Heroes' levels.

Now I also have played Generations, and it's good, but just doesn't stack up. It's too short, not enough levels, and the plot is as simple as simple can be.
Don't kill me; I really like Unleashed.
:stab:... Just kidding :XD:
You can like any game you wish... a difference of opinion is no cause for murder :laughing:
Sonic Generations!  :w00t!:

To anyone who says 3D Sonic games are mediocre, they have never tried Generations! Best.  Sonic.  Ever.  :heart:
Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
I can give you a top 5, maybe? ^^; In no particular order:

1) Sonic 2 - Mega Drive. A big improvement on number 1 in terms of interesting levels and character mobility (go back and play 1 - you'll miss the spin dash move =P ). Also, 2player co-op mode was awesome. Me and my sister used to spend hours on that.

2) Sonic 1 - Master system. I think this was the first Sonic game I played, so deserves a mention since it kinda started it all for me. To this day I still sometimes get earworms for the Jungle music.

3) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - GameCube. I'd heard about Sonic Adventure before but missed the dreamcast era, so was interested straight away when a (at the time new) friend introduced me to all the new characters back in secondary school. As something of a returning fan at the time, it was nice that the characters had been given a voice and I liked that Sonic had followed Mario in making the jump to 3D. Shadow has since become one of my all time favourite video game characters. Since Sega were expecting to only feature him in this one game, Shadow's role had to be complete and finalised by the end of it - and boy did Sega deliver on that. I actually played Adventure DX after this one, and of the two I do prefer this one.

4) Shadow the Hedgehog - GameCube. By the time this one was released I was big into Shadow, so maybe I'm biased =P It was nice to see Shadow get some character development after the non-answer we got at the end of Heroes, for starters. It certainly had its flaws (graphics could have been better, some very awkward dialogue moments and the old camera and control issues), but overall I liked it and it was an interesting change of style for Sega. It bothers me a bit that it gets so much hate over the weapons aspect - they're entirely optional, Shadow is never seen actually using them in any cutscene in the game and with the exception of a few missions you can blow through it just fine without ever using them. In that sense, they and especially the vehicles felt unnecessary and frankly rather gimmicky. I never really bothered with the vehicles at all, they don't help at all in the missions you find them in and quite frankly the slow you down. At least with the guns you can say the ranged ability is handy.

5) Sonic Generations - PC/Steam. This is actually the only really modern Sonic game I've played on account of missing the Wii era, and I loved it from the first level. Spectacular graphics by Sonic standards I've seen myself up to this point(though I've heard Unleashed was very good too in this regard) with lovely detailed backgrounds, some great level adaptations for the different generations and a brilliant sense of speed in the 3D levels. Also, 'little' Sonic is adorable as hell, thanks in no small part to the fact that he never speaks. Still getting used to the new voice-actors but I'm warming to Sonic's new one the more I hear it.
Sonic CD (US)
you can put the pc version in a cd player and it plays the tracks in order
I like the Japanese version better because of its soundtrack.
Didn't know it was different
I always really enjoyed Heroes and Unleashed.
S3&K for the various levels, gameplay, and the playable characters, among other things.

Sonic Advance for improving the characters themselves further, and retaining the classic-styled gameplay and physics. This game is more of a Sonic 4 that Sonic 4 was.

Sonic Advance 3 for the team mechanic system, gameplay, and amount of levels.

Sonic Adventure for the story, and gameplay (well, at least for most of the characters. Some of them I didn't really like).
Oooh that's a tough one. From the 2D era I'd Say Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was my favourite simply because it had the most levels (though if you count the combined game of Sonic 3 & Knuckles there's that too)

From the 3D era I'd say Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Heroes. Spent hours upon hours of both in my teenage years :D
Currently Sonic CD, Adventure 1 and 2. But one day i plan to play the Genesis/Mega Drive games.
Sonic Adventure and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. 
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic Generations
Sonic Advance 3
I honestly don't remember playing Sonic, to be honest. I was more of a Mario, Mega Man, Legend of Zelda fan. But I did watch my brothers play one of them on the Sega Genesis. I have no idea which ones, as again, never really kept track of Sonic - but since I like watching those, I'll say they were my favorites. 
Sonic Adventure 2. My 7 year old mind loved Sonic Adventure, though as a kid I didn't understand sandbox games so it took me forever to finish. Then the sequel came out and I finished it several times. I can honestly say it is probably the game I've put the most time into, next to Dynasty Warriors or the Jak and Daxter games.

I felt that the cheesy rock tracks were always catchy, especially in the infamous City Escape level, the levels were diverse in design, and the excessive amount of glitches actually made it more entertaining. I also really got sucked into raising Chaos.

Dude, fuckin' love that game.