Games you could never finsh?

What games could you not finish and why?

Here's some of mine:

Dragon Quest VIII: I was about 90% done with it, but I grew bored with all the grinding I had to do in order to breeze through the final dungeon, so I stopped playing. Some time later, I picked it up to try to finish it; only to find out there was huge scratch in the disk.

Spyro: A Hero's Tail: Was about half way through it before the memory got corrupted.

That's all I can think of for now, what's  yours?
Comments232
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
"Nikita" and idk why!
this game is simple but
I die when I'm at the level of the dragon Waaaah!

I haven't played of this a few years... :o (Eek) 
I have never finished Okami... and Okami is such a strange case to me, because, it's not overly difficult, it's not confusing, it's not boring or frustrating, but I just never felt like beating it. I have never played a game I liked and never wanted to play it through, but something is repelling me from Okami, like every time I think about playing it, I end up playing something else. What is up with that?
Minecraft - It's a never-ending game.
Terraria - There isn't an end to it.

That is all.
NFS Shift 1/2 and The Run

Both shifts I never even got past 50% because the games were more simulated than other NFS

For the run, I bested it once, but I still have alot of cars to unlock
Pokemon Pearl, I found the pace of that game wayy to slow and I just kept getting bored with it.
Mother 3 - I got maybe halfway through the game, put it down and then never came back. Which didn't make sense because I thought the game was pretty awesome.
Super Mario RPG - made it to the final stage, then gave up.
Final Fantasy X - Although I did beat the game because I started up on my brother's file, which was already close to finishing, beating it from the beginning to end in my own game hasn't been accomplished yet. Not sure if this counts as I did beat and see the ending for it, just not a full run through!
Minecraft - In hardcore mode, no, not yet!
Crash Bandicoot games - the original trilogy. ALTHOUGH I did beat Crash Team Racing!
ALL the Pokemon games - ALL OF THEM. The furthest I got was in Aqua where I was going to get my 6th badge but then never made it.
Fallout 3/ New Vegas - oddly enough, my favorite games currently and I have yet to beat either of them! 3 would be considered beaten if the DLC wasn't included and I never made it to the final showdown at the dam in New Vegas...
Skyrim - Too busy foraging for cooking supplies. I think it was almost 20 hours in before I ran into the first actual fight with a dragon because I kept wandering around the world. Not sure if I'm pick up this game again or not. I prefer the wastelands though!
Darksiders 2. It's way too boring, repetitive, and long. The fighting is pretty fun, but there is just so many useless puzzles and areas it just feels like roadblocks to slow you down.
RE5, RE6 and Drakengard 2. Got bored, they're too repetitive IMO
Myst, confusing puzzles and such. Your game doesn't have to be about killing bad guys to be hard.
Spyro: Year of the dragon = For some reason, whenever I got to the final boss, the game would send me back to the very beginning, disregarding all my progress with it.
Pac Man world 3 = I was stuck in the ancient catacombs and could never find a way through.
Super Mario galaxy 1 and 2 = Never quite bothered to get every single star after defeating Bowser in the last battle. Heck, I have yet to finish galaxy 1 with Luigi.
Super paper Mario = Again, didn't bother with getting every collectable.

That's all I can think of now.
the thing you've said about spyro the dragon 3...I know the reason why this happened. I've found some videos on youtube(after reading an entry on tvtropes), that says that, if you're playing a pirated copy of this game, you'll never be able to finish, not to mention that the fairy WARNS you at the beginning of the game that, because you're playing an illegal copy, weird shit will happens during the game. Unless your console mistaken your perfectly fine original copy for a pirated game or something o_o
That's funny, I remember never going through weird stuff while playing Spyro 3...
Just that one event at the end. Hell, I don't even remember seeing that warning.
This is extremely embarrassing, but I haven't finished not one Pokemon game UNTIL X and Y came out D: I mean, I've played all generations!....I just sucked too much and didn't understand that there was logic behind types. I still kind of suck at Pokemon, but I finally finished a game when it first came out c: And I'm proud! ^^
Super Smash Bros Melee, I got it in a bundle with the silver Gamecube for Christmas 2006, and too this day I haven't unlocked all the stages. Took me 6 years to unlock all the characters thanks to me playing nothing but the Pokemon Stadium stage in Training Mode...

Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life, Thanks to a disturbing cutscene of my cow dying I refuse to go back and play it again. I ran out of feed for my animals...

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, I unlocked all characters except for Reala and AGES, I have a feeling it's going to be Melee all over again...
the second golden Sun, but it was only because my game had a glitch
I got completely lost in that game. XD
It was super fun though X3
I have so many, but a majority I don't even have possession of anymore (my main reason why I can't complete.)
Digimon World, Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Story to name a few.
Megaman Battle Network 5: So many chips to collect and some are extremely challenging.
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword: I would always be focused on grinding in the arenas and never move on, then give up when one of my people die after the grind.
Super Mario Sunshine: I couldn't find all of the secret shines, and also some of the blue coins I collected would freeze my game.
I'm sure I have a ton more I just can't remember.
Atelier Iris: My game had a glitch and I don't think I ever saw the ending.

Final Fantasy 9 and 8: 9 I'll get half way through and just give up because I found another game and 8 because I always got stuck in the sewers. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

DrakenGuard 2: Met up with a midboss or something that I couldn't beat.

Rogue Galaxy: I think they split up the characters and I was fighting with two characters I NEVER used and couldn't beat that portion of the boss.

Any of the Katamari games: Ow my eyes. It's taking me a while but I'm getting there. 
I haven't played Hitman: Blood Money in a while because of that friggin' hospital mission
SuikodenII : That rock-scissor-paper fighting mechanism, I disliked that. Other than that, my console broke, so I had to start over on pc using emulator.
Spyro Year of the Dragon: idk, my game is kinda glitchy, I can never get to the second boss. (Or maybe I was just missing something since I was so young when I played that game) (Once my cousin managed to get to the second boss. And then we both keep on getting pwned by the second boss) (But I can remember we got to the third area, and then we glitched/messed up the game so bad we got Spyro stuck in a room between two doors to the final boss)
Hogs of War: All my pigs died. :(

Eternal Poison: I like this game, but it requires a lot of strategy, and it's getting harder and harder catch the majins each stage. So one stage took a long time for me to beat. I haven't finish ANY story arc in that game up until now. :(
Valkyrie Profile 2: It got repetitive and I got bored.
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (PS2) : I don't remember why, my disc is somehow broken I guess?
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories. I just hated battling with cards.
Kingdom Hearts 36/5 Days : It got very confusing, the game suddenly got frustrading and I quit.