Your most memorable cast of characters in a video game?

For me I'd go with the cast of FF10.
Just recently finished the HD version. It's been almost a decide or so, since I last played the PS 2 version. So I was quite surprised that even after all these years, I still really enjoyed watching all the cutseens and seeing the colorful characters interact with one another. Not too many games can go you back and play after many years and sill enjoy it, as much as your first play through. Normally with remakes, I find my self skipping through most, if not all the cutseens, but that wasn't the case here.
:beer::nod: A true classic!
Comments131
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's gotta be The World Ends With You for me.  It made me laugh and cry more than any game ever has and is still my favorite by far.  Probably also lead to me starting what has become a large collection of pins.  I really hope we get a sequel soon, and it better be for the 3DS.

Honorable mention for both Disgaea and Luminous Arc :D
The cast from Borderlands
I like the cast of TWEWY.
I enjoyed the cast of FF6 and HM:FOMT
the villians for MGS rank high for me. Foxhound (my favorite), Dead Cell, The Cobra Unit, and even the Beauty and the beast Unit.

I also liked the cast from Persona 3.
Persona 4
Mana Khemia 1 & 2
FF10 (that was my first Final Fantasy and I think RPG...yeah I got into the game late!)
Okami
Tales of the Abyss & Symphonia 
Oh my god, Tales of the Abyss. I completely agree with that!
Personally, the cast of Red Dead Redemption really grew on me. Even if some of the characters were their own archetypes incarnate (Irish was a prime example of this), you could really feel the dilemmas some of them struggled with. Early in the game, it was interesting to see how John Marston and Leigh Johnson discussed moral/legal issues. Nigel West Dickens was always a real hoot, and a hyperbole of advertising's ills. Seth offered a bit of tragic balance, showing how quickly greed and impulse can drive a man to the breaking point. Finally, John was just the most realistic character I've seen in a game.

Throughout the game, it's easy to sympathize with his ultimate goal. All he really goes through all that hell for is to be reunited with his family. They're all he has, being as he's been forced to back-stab his former brothers-in-arms.
I would say the cast of Starfox 64/Lylatwars 64 is to be most memorable. You just never forget the team of Fox, Falco, Slippy, Peppy, and the famous "do a barrel roll" or "i got something on my back" :D
It's really hard to say because throughout the majority of games I played, the cast is either underwhelming or boring. However there are several exceptions

The cast of Knights of the old republic and The Sith Lords: Now both games have an interesting cast within a different situation. The First one felt a little lighter in tone since you had a distinct goal of stopping the big bad. However the interaction between the characters felt a little eh. Sure they provided hilarious quips against each other, and there was a real sense of loyalty to them. The Second one was more dark and foreboding. The characters had a little more depth behind them which made the influence system make sense. Not too mention that Kreia, while cryptic did hold some truth in her words. That sometimes our choices are not as clearcut as we seem. Also...I don't want to spoil anything. Atton was like the Han Solo of that game. A snarky scoundrel with some great lines. The game had more character interaction which made it a little more immersive.

Mortal Kombat(2011): The story mode gave most if not the characters a distinguishable personality. For better for worse, and it did provide some great lines of banter between the characters. Yeah they were cheesy but hey, minor comic relief.
cast of katawa shoujo

cast of persona 4

cast of ratchet and clank

so on and so on
Definitely Final Fantasy VI but also Star Ocean: Second Story. Great characters, great games :)
FFX is literally the last game I finished. The casts in Final Fantasy games (the ones I've played anyways) generally seem to have some sense of unity which is something I really like. It's nice having comrades... The characters in Goichi Suda games, most notably No More Heroes, are all pretty cool and badass in the weirdest most awesome ways, well most of them anyways... However the absolute best cast of characters (in my opinion anyways) has to be from Star Fox 64
Persona 3 hands down! Love Mitsuro Kirijo, so cool. Hot springs scene was hilarious(ly cold).
Never heard of it before. What system?
Let me first summarize the gameplay ^^ The Persona series mostly features protagonists in the form of Students who have the ability to summon their Persona. During the day you can improve your 'Social Links' which is hanging out with friends in the form of a Dating Sim. Improving social links allows you to get better Personas. During the night you enter a dungeon where you use your Persona to fight your way through.

Persona 3 was originally released on PS2 but is now also available in an enhanced version on PSP (and I'm not so sure about this one but probably also PS Vita). The only thing I dislike about the enhanced version is that the dungeon part of the game is now first person. The great addition is that you can now also play as a Female character. 

The reason I picked Persona 3 as the most memorable cast is because I have never seen a game perform character growth so well. Probably because it is incorporated into the gameplay. Social Links are the bonds you have with people. The more those bonds grow the more you and your friends grow which is displayed through dialogue and the ability of summoning greater personas. Your allies that have personas mostly go through hardships as you stand by them [spoiler] allowing their persona to grow as well [/spoiler].
I really have to play these games!
For me, probably the BlazBlue cast, along with the Sonic the Hedgehog cast, even if the writing quality has been poor lately for the latter.
I didn't read all the posts... but did anyone mention the Mario Bros. Characters? Cuz well... ya know... they are quite memorable.
The cast from Final Fantasy VI,VIII, XII and XIII. Tales of Legendia and Star Ocean : Till the End of Time, mostly for Cliff, Sophia and Maria.
The Sonic the Hedgehog cast always stands out to me as memorable.
Psychonauts and most Metal Gear