what is so bad about nintendo

it has come to my attention that people bash on nintendo because there graphics are not up to par with microsoft or sony why do people care anyays why do people seem to think graphics make a game and another thing how is nintendo kiddie and what the hell is so bad about them that some people need to make youtube videos just to say they suck why what is so bad about nintendo
Comments60
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nothing is wrong with Nintendo, there is just something wrong with people. Nintendo has rightfully stuck to their roots and with their characters and didn't feel the need to change them in order to please this generation. Their games have always been fun and will always be fun. Plus, no one beats them in handheld gaming. No one.
Its not because of graphic or anything like that. Anyone who says a console is bad because the graphics arent good should be shunned from whatever argument he's trying to start. The problem with nintendo is that They're ignorant. They dont ever ever listen to their fans; and don't say they do because if they did, the Wii-U wouldn't exist right now, they wouldnt be suing LPers on youtube, they would actually have good sales, and people wouldnt be bashing them for such rot.
Graphics mean nothing to me, I actually prefer games who use stylized graphics as opposed to the "real is brown" ideal. It's why I'm wasting my life right now with the newest Sim City; it looks as almost if the city can be grabbed and physically played with, yet at the same time I can still see it as a fun-filled cartoonish setting (Maxis games were never "realistic" to begin with)... But I'm clearly talking about EA and their minion companies, not the Big N...

The problem with Nintendo as I look at it is this; they've got the power to create stunning, innovative games, but they waste it on pandering to nostalgia that some of us have outgrown. Sure, Super Mario Bros. is a fun game, but just how many times did Princess Peach get captured again now? Why doesn't Mario and Luigi actually have more depth to their character? Why is everything so shallow?

I don't need massive explosions or sex to get a "mature" game. I want to see characters develop and change as I help them on their quests. I'm still upset that there hasn't been a proper sequel to Starfox Assault, rather they just spam the crap out of Starfox 64 because of the nostalgic value of it. And of course people pay high amounts of money for that... But I just get tired of just doing the same thing over and over again, especially when there's no way for me to share my experiences or stats with other players.

Of course, I still play Pokemon, but I'm just as grizzled and tired of that as with the Mario games. No matter how many new Pokemon show up or how fancy the region may be, I'm still forced to play as this stupid kid who fights 8 gym leaders and some band of criminals whilst discovering the legendary Pokemon and defeating the elite 4 and champion... All without any kind of extra content in the end to actually make the game worthwhile except more fighting against random trainers... It's just tiring and repetitive.

So that's why I did the apparently terrible thing and picked up MMORPGs, FPSs, and got back into the Sandbox/Sim games... At least with multiplayer games, I can goof around with friends, and a sim can always let me try out new challenges... But I've done pretty much everything with the rather childish characters to the point there's absolutely nothing else I can do with them... That's why I kind of lost faith in Nintendo for.
I think they're pushing this whole "casual gaming" thing a bit too far, if you ask me. The Gamecube was a phenomenal system with games that were intended for gamers, not casual players or people expecting "mature" content, and with the Wii and now the Wii U, they've been ignoring what was once their most loyal market. It's been making them crazy amounts of money and keeping them alive at least, but I wish things would go back to how they were where there were oodles of AAA first-party titles available.
If I had to guess, it's because:

1. We're in a generation where it's expected that your games look nice. True, you can't judge a book by it's cover, but at the same time, when your competition looks good, one would think an easy way to compete would be graphics. If only just that graphics.

2. People grow up. Nintendo does not. We become more mature, and want that from our games, so people tend to shy away from a lot of Nintendo stuff because it's just not reaching that more mature level--and it's not violence that I'm talking about. We want a deeper storyline than "Go save the Princess because *spoiler alert* Bowser got her...AGAIN!"

Storylines like some of the Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, Tales, etc. that really make you think about what happens in these worlds/choices you make. Legend of Zelda is up there in that it realm as is Metroid, but those are the few titles (I can't think of anymore,) that Nintendo pushes that are more mature. They could stand to focus on more games, and take more risks with upping their level on these types of things.
There is nothing bad about Nintendo.

i guess the only thing bad is that they don't need guns and explosions to make their games good.

:D
They are the Disney of videogames (...and this is coming from a Nintendo fanboy)
I have nothing against Nintendo. It was the NES, Gameboy, and SNES is what got me into playing games in the first place. The only thing that Nintendo screw-up on was putting the E-card feature for Super Mario Bros Advance 4(Which is a port for the Super Mario Bros 3), I can never play the extra levels without the use of an E-Reader that I didn't want to waste my money on, especially for just one game. Other that that, Nintendo has provided really great games for me to play.
It's funny because in my teen years, I considered graphics to be everything! Today I value story and fun gameplay more than anything, Nintendo to me really emphasizes on those qualities. I regret not giving it the attention it deserved back in the day, missing out on certain classics. The problem I have with a lot of games today outside of Nintendo is there seems to be a lack of innovation and creativity, it's mostly a collection of FPS or Skyrim themed rpg's (nothing wrong with rpg's mind you!), while Nintendo on the other hand continues to create new and exciting ideas that push the envelope of what potential fun games can be!
yeah i was like that to but then i started looking at games for gameplay
That's an important aspect as well!
i know but i have kinda changed my opinion cuz i was abit biast i think nintendo is just trying to make games for all ages
Oh okay, fair enough!
annoying region block in 3DS
ive got us game to work on a 3ds pokemon conquest
Because Nintendo won't make anything new and just go for cheap cash ins.
lol have people even played mother 3 but othetr than that yes nintendo is starting go go downhill recently
Mother 3 came out a long time ago. Blizzard made those Viking games years ago -- but now all they make are Skinner boxes. Valve used to make games, now they're focused on Steam and Steambox. What you did once doesn't account for what you're doing in the present.
yeah but it came out in 2006 not that long