Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

To The Moon (Post-gaming)

:iconwarobb:
Warobb Feb 10, 2013  Student Writer
I finished the game yesterday, man as I was, I cried like a little baby. I just want some thought from others, what made it good for you? What was the best part? (Did someone not like it?)

To me, the best thing about the story was the fact that River never gave up on John. I took her for a nutcase when she asked John to describe her paper rabbits, I didn't even realize she was reminding him of their first time together until after I had quit the game and gone to bed several hours later. Mind. Blown.

And I broke down at their first meeting, realizing John had forgotten all about her. And when that freaking platypus showed up from that bag... I almost shouted. My heart was torn out.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontokeijikaku:
Tokeijikaku Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The ending is kind of contrived. Rosalene insists on not telling Watts that she believes River will reappear, for no reason other than that it would undermine the impact of that very moment on the player. Spoilers, by the way.
Warobb Feb 11, 2013  Student Writer
Well, yeah, but that's something you gotta overlook when it comes to storytelling. =P
:icontokeijikaku:
Tokeijikaku Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's certainly better than Clannad After Story
:iconrachburns:
RachBurns Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh yes. And at the end where River took so long to turn up!
I think what finally broke me down is when John and River were holding hands in the spaceship just as the flatline started. Knowing that the scientists were just playing with memories and that it never truly happened like he'd wanted at that point.

And John's twin! :cries:
Warobb Feb 11, 2013  Student Writer
I both hate and love that. I mean, it sucks that it never really happened, River died without John even remembering WHY he wanted to go to the moon... But it's also wonderful that he got his wish fulfilled in the end.

If only River would've been a client too, I would've been satisfied. :(
RachBurns Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
...am I the only one who got slightly irritated about the platypus? :giggle: It's a good thing it was around, yes. But seeing it in sooo many places!

River shoulda been! That woulda been so perfect. *nod*
Warobb Feb 12, 2013  Student Writer
Wasn't that the whole point with the platypus, as a constant (attempt-)reminder for John? :P
RachBurns Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think it was definitely the case. It just irritated me because of it's constant. XD
Though it was nice cause you knew that it was most likely the 'unlockable' for the puzzles at the end.

So the platypus and the paper rabbits. I don't think I mentioned, but it near broke my heart when it was told what the rabbits were for.
Add a Comment: