Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 91

What is your favorite Zelda game(s) and why?

:iconyumibren:
Yumibren Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Favorite Zelda game and why? Is it because of the gameplay? The bosses? The characters? How Link looks? Explain!

Devious Comments

:iconevb16:
evb16 Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013
Windwaker mainly because it was the first Zelda game I ever played
:iconbeatdraws:
BeatDraws Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Majora's Mask.
And call me crazy but be amazing if they used the Twilight Princess Aethstetics on that game for a remake would amazing. O_O
:iconsuitandarmour:
suitandarmour Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013
Iliked the look of Ocarina but i just read about the ending of Wind Walker and it sounds good too. But i havn't played Nintendo for a while.
:iconchronorin:
Chronorin Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
The first one!
:iconnuclearaccoon:
nuclearaccoon Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013
It's really kind of subjective based on what's compared between each game. I personally can't choose between Wind Waker and Majora's Mask as my overall favorite, but there are many that I like for other reasons as well. ALL Zelda games have an amazing character cast, so it'd be impossible for me to choose based on that.

Third best would probably have to be TP because of the best partner (in my opinion), playing as a wolf, and the amazing graphics. I can't believe they discarded them for SS's style, honestly. But the motion controls in Skyward Sword were very well done, contrary to Twilight Princess.
:iconantonator:
Antonator Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I would have to say either Twilight Princess since that was my first Zelda and it got me hooked onto the franchise, or Skyward Sword since I loved the charm of that game and it was just overall really enjoyable. So many awesome games to choose from though.
:iconhanimetion:
Hanimetion Featured By Owner Feb 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sort of torn between Majoras Mask and Skyward Sword
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013
Ooh, torn between the black sheep of the series?
:iconrainbowkitty777:
rainbowkitty777 Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Console: Wind Waker. Oddly, my mother was obsessed with the graphical style of the game. xD
Handheld: OOT3D, Spirit Tracks.
:iconartsenseiofdreams:
Artsenseiofdreams Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Wind Waker is my best console game since its so unique from the rest of the series, and I love the exploration, but Majoras Mask is a close second since its a kind of happy/dark feel like all the characters are happy but they will all die in three days if you don't help them, and the game reminds you of this constantly. My favorite portable is links awakening since its so simple but still very adventurous feeling. And it's a good length one for being on the to :)
:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Student General Artist
My favorite game in the series is Wind Waker. There is so much of the game that I like, the style of the game, the world, the gameplay, it's all so good, defiantly one of the best in the franchise. This one in particular also has a special place in my heart as My first Nintendo console was the GameCube and this was the first game in the series that I played.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Artist
I'm still waiting for mine. I actually designed an ideal game design idea for what I'd want... but I've yet to really be enticed at all.
:iconnashiro:
Nashiro Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
WindWaker. For some reason I replayed it about 5+ times.
The graphics and the sailing were amazing, also it completely tightened up Ocarina/Majora's combat system. Nothing beats taking on a group of darknut's and parrying the hell out of them.
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I will say Majora's Mask.
Firstly I consider it to have had a massive amount of atmosphere and expanded universe despite its somewhat limited in size world. The expansion pack did an excellent job at adding features such as snow particles. It had a strong narrative from start to finish. The general aesthetics had a dark twisted feel to them. Climbing up Stone Tower was an achievement. Resetting the game clock introduced replay value. It was probably the first Zelda game where you could refight bosses or complete task and puzzles without starting a new game. It was a hole world above Ocarina of Time.
Yumibren Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
You've got some good points there! That is an awesome feature how you can refight bosses without starting a new game. The expansion for that game was amazing. Great for it's time. The whole game had an edgy feel to it, which was awesome.

Great answer!
:iconhellsing-order:
Hellsing-Order Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My favorite Zeldas are the following:

Skyward Sword: Challenging on many accounts for me which is what I loved abou past Zelda Games
Ocarina of Time: First 3-D Zelda made epic. Typical story but nonetheless one of the best Zeldas ever
Twilight Princess: One word.......STORY. The story of this Zelda game was phenominal and the environment was realistic and dark. And thats what I loved about it. Plus the hrowback to music from past zelda tunes like Hyrule Castle's theme from ALttP. Plus making the Temple of Time a playable temple was just amazing.....as you can plainly see, this one was my all time favorite. NO questions asked. :D
Awesome feedback! Thank you!

Story is very important to me as well when it comes to gameplay. Twilight Princess did that very well! I loved how it had the darker world in there. It seemed very magical to me. It was awesome! Great answer!

And you can never go wrong with the Ocarina of time. Classic. ^-^
:iconluke-the-f0x:
Luke-the-F0x Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ocarina of Time, it was my second N64 game & it was this game that got me into Zelda. I found the epic storyline & exploring scary dungeons amazing back then. Being a fantasy fan who was into the tales of King Arthur as a kid, it was a perfect fit for me.

And my second favourite 3D Zelda game is Twilight Princess as ever since I saw LOTR, I wanted a Zelda game like it. The trailer released back in '04 blew me away with a more detailed Link, orc-like baddies & a boss resembling The Balrog.

My favourite 2D Zelda game is Link's Awakening DX on the Game Boy Color as it was my first ever Zelda game and I had a lot of fond memories playing it.
Ocarina of Time got me into the Zelda series as well. What a great game to get the players started in the Zelda series! I can understand how you compare the Twilight Princess to LOTR. That's an interesting way of looking at it, I haven't heard it put that way. Yeah, the trailers really won my heart over the second I saw the detailed Link. He looked so amazing! Still does! The have come so far! *Wipes tears from eyes*

Links awakening is a classic! Probably my first 2D zelda game. So many memories!!
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
I splite them because it's too damn hard.
3D:
Master Quest. Not Ocarina of Time. MASTER QUEST. It was everything good about the damn near perfect Ocarina of Time, but hard like I feel a Zelda game should be. Double damage? Mirrored environment? Mind warping puzzles? That shit is heaven. If that didn't exist, it would definitely be Majora's Mask with Twilight Princess (gotta love skippable cutscenes) fighting for third. They had SO much content...Skyward Sword? lol I don't even count that as a viable form of digital entertainment. xD

2D:
A Link to the Past. I wanted to say Zelda 2 because of it's difficulty and change that split itself from the original, but Zelda 3 was so much more solid. No more stabbing, tons of smart series defining items and uses, solid (not too bad) difficulty and, some memorable boss fights. I loved Vitreous and Trinexx so much.
Minish Cap...and well all the Capcom installments are fighting for second and third. That's why as much as they screwed over Mega Man, I could never hate them. They made half the damn top down games and made sure they did something spectacular each time. Those were some golden titles.
I've heard so much about Master Quest. I really should get playing it! I need to find it for a decent price first... Gamecube, right?

I know I would love playing that game probably as much as you. It really deserves to have some more difficult trials like that. Especially for the fans that can play the original game with their eyes closed because of how many times they've played it.

Thanks for your awesome feedback/comment!
XoPachi Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
It's on Gamecube and was included with Ocarina of Time 3D...get it on Gamecube. >.>
Awesome! Thanks for the info! ^-^
:iconkooborisapphire:
KooboriSapphire Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Student General Artist
Skyward Sword, definitely, with Ocarina of Time following second.

Skyward Sword was just, epic! (I don't know what other word to use to describe that fantastic game other than that raped word) From it's deep storytelling, to the beautiful moving painting-like graphics (like Tangled's). And not to mention that it is the ONLY Zelda game that I deeply connected with the characters. Sure, I loved the characters in Ocarina of time, but from the rest of the games, I just saw them as characters I had to play with & then rescue & such. With Skyward Sword, I actually CARED for the characters, giving emotional responses to every action that happened in the cutscenes. And I practically cried in the separation of Link & Fi.

As far as Fi goes, she's the best ally (suck it whoever disagrees). I don't care about her 'lack of personality, that's what she is supposed to be like. And what definition of 'android' don't people get? And regardless of the fact that there are androids that have personalities, Fi's lack of one made her more realistic; plus, her having no personality only says more about the fact as to why she was created: for the sole purpose of helping Link. She was a perfect character for the series. And let's not get me started on her beautiful design, her language (I have one of her talking vocals as my text ringtone), & theme song.

I just don't see why so many fucktards around here have to have their heads so rammed up their asses about this game. Yes, it had it's flaws (the damn limited amount of items you can carry), but so did plenty of the other Zelda games. Then again, in the past 2 or 3 years, the people around this page, especially this forum as well as the music & movie forums, have been taking whatever recent stuff that the companies have been releasing far too seriously. I'm just glad I'm one of the few who can grab a game, sit through it, enjoy it while seeing some of the flaws or hate it while seeing some of it's virtues, & not have my head so far up in my ass about it. Even my friend who's always been a huge Zelda fan, loves Skyward Sword (her favorite is Ocarina of Time) & can see how great it really is & knows of it's flaws & sees past some of the other nit-picky shit every other moron in this forum complains about.
I agree with you about the Skyward sword. I also thought it was a beautiful game. Comparing it to Tangled is awesome! I can see why you would say that. I also agree with what you said about the characters. The game made me care about them as well. Especially Groose in my case. I usually hate characters like him, but his goofy and clueless personality drew me in. I also liked the personality they gave Zelda. I also like how they actually had Link and Zelda know eachother well in the storyline. Usually in the games, he doesn't know zelda well personally at all. He actually knows the person he's fighting for in Skyward sword. I love that!

I can tell you that I love the way Fi talks in the game. Her and her voice are beautiful. Great character.

Yeah, hearing all the negativity about the game makes me a bit sad. I thought it was a great game as well. It took me a while to get used to the gameplay, but I'm still impressed with how dedicated Nintendo is and how they are still coming out with beautiful and elegant Zelda games. They are going strong! Everything has flaws, nothing is perfect.

Thank you for your comment!
:iconkooborisapphire:
KooboriSapphire Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Student General Artist
Normally I can't stand characters like Groose, but this game managed to flesh him out later in the story, making me like him. Another wonderful accomplishment for both Nintendo & this game. Not only does Link know who he's fighting for, but it is finally clear as to why he's always rescuing her; plus, the game also explains the plot-hole found in Ocarina of Time when Zelda says to Link that his name sounds so familiar to her.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
Pandora's Tower is my personal Zelda.:love:

As for the real franchise:

2D-A Link to the Past
3D-Wind Waker (must...resist...buying...HD...remake. Damn you and your money whoring ways, Nintendo!:frustrated:)
Lol! Curse your awesomeness Nintendo!!

I've never played Pandora's Tower. Care to explain it?
kmwright Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013
I'm sorry for the late reply. ^^;

Pandora's Tower is an action rpg that's about saving a girl named Elena from being turned into a monster. You go to each tower to get the flesh to cure her with and do this within a time limit. The game has multiple endings which vary on how long it takes and the relationship you have with Elena. It's a game that make you be careful about how much you're willing to take your time.
Yumibren Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Sorry for the very late response. That sounds like a very interesting game. I will defiantly keep an eye out for it whenever I'm out looking for games. Remind me what system it was for and how old it is? You may have mentioned it before, but I don't remember.
kmwright Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013
It's for the Wii and it's coming out on March 26th. Long story, short but that game, along with Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story were originally not suppose to come out in America. Anger and protest ensues and the latter two games made it while Pandora's Tower is schedule to come this late. Before the announcement, I originally had to *ahem* download the software like any other Japanese game that didn't came to America.
Yumibren Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
You are educated about this. ^-^ I like it! Well, I guess you can get both versions then. Thanks for the facts! I will look out for it. :)
LOL! Pandora's Tower was a damn good game. So linear though. Q^Q
kmwright Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
True but I found it kind of a clever game: time limit that makes you realize that you can't spend your time dicking around when your friend is in trouble. I thought that was a bit of an inversion of the usual Oh-God-we're-in-a-disaster-but-I'm-still-ready-to-play-blitzball-in-the-meantime. The story is really emotionally engaging as well.
XoPachi Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013
I just skipped all the cutscenes. No time for that. But I did like the sense of tension. It really was like Majora's Mask in a sense. I loved the thought put in the dungeons. It was the Zelda for the Wii that Skyward Sword just did not provide me.

But, I did watch ONE cutscene. I liked Aeron. He looks like the generic JRPG femboy, but as a silent protagonist he portrayed a nice bit of emotion and empathy. He didn't seem like the usual brooding, wrist slitting, woe is me otaku lead. But rather a light hearted warrior who only wanted to help his friend and keep the tension on himself rather than her. Sort of...like Link in a way.
:iconakatsukidawn44:
AkatsukiDawn44 Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
In order it would have to be:
1.Ocarina of Time- Loved the time traveling concept, and that if you were stuck you could as the future rock for help. Master quest is still getting to me though.
2.Twilight Princess- My first zelda game. Graphics and motion controls were pretty good, puzzles blew my mind, and I loved the wolf transformation and portals.
3.Link to the Past- I liked it, but I found it to hard compared to the other ones, and the light/dark world teleporting slightly confusing. It was still great though.
Great answers! I couldn't agree with you more! Thank you very much for commenting! ^-^
:iconakatsukidawn44:
AkatsukiDawn44 Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You're welcome. :D
:iconprofessormegaman:
ProfessorMegaman Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
LoZ & AoL for NES. After all these years, these are the ones that I still go back and play.

Granted I occasionally go back and play LTTP and Link's Awakening too, but I seldom finish them. I'll always play through the NES classics and never get bored (though I wish I could forget my knowledge of the games and play fresh again).

Sorry Zelda fans, but those 3D, semi-linear, hold-your-hand, slow-as-molasses Zelda games are just too much of a bore to me. I crave pick up & play style gaming, especially when it comes to games like Zelda.
I often wish I had the systems to play the classics. I know that now that I'm older and have played through most of the other zelda games, that I would greatly appreciate those first games.

Thank you for your feedback!
ProfessorMegaman Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
No problem. Though the classics can still be had on modern consoles.

The NES Zelda titles are available on both the Wii and 3DS. LTTP is available on the Wii and Link's Awakening DX is available on 3DS.

Granted the feel isn't quite the same as playing on an old fashioned system, they're still plenty enjoyable.
Yumibren Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Yeah, I know they can be played on modern consoles, but there's something about playing games on the original consoles. It feels magical! As corny as that sounds...

I may just have to get them for the wii then. I think I remember seeing them on the wii store.
ProfessorMegaman Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I concur fully, but the sad fact is: classic NES & SNES games are sky rocketing in price on the collector's market. And Zelda games are on the forefront of "must-haves", often driving the prices beyond reasonable.

If you're not willing to throw down large sums, the Wii just might be your best option. Though you can buy a conversion port that allows you to play an NES/SNES controller on your Wii. --> [link]
Yumibren Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
That may be a good option. I'm willing to deal with the wii version. It is unfortunate that those games are still so high in price, but I can understand why.If it's high in demand, it's going to be high in price. The Zelda games are fantastic, so I'm glad that the old ones are still selling. It makes me proud that the classics are still going strong. It is still unfortunate that the prices are often unreasonable. :(
kmwright Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
While I do like Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, I pretty much prefer the classic 3 (LoZ, ALttP, and AoL) over the others.:nod: I personally hope for a Zelda 3 to this very day, taking after Zelda II.
:iconmalevolentmask:
MalevolentMask Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Probably Majora's Mask, I honestly really liked that one as a kid. Always thought it was fun to switch through the different Links not to mention Skull Kid is probably one of my all time favorite villains.
Game was brilliant. I love acid trips.
Yumibren Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Skull kid is pretty awesome as a villian. He's very mischievous. It was awesome times changing characters. I liked changing into a zora. ^-^
:iconparkdaleart:
ParkdaleArt Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It annoys me how I'll never be able to unbiasedly look at the Zelda series as a whole. OoT was my first and my favorite due its storytelling and motivating plot but I can't help but feel if my memory was wiped and I had to play all the games again I'd say Wind Waker is the most creative and fun.
:iconalicexofxdarkland:
AliceXofXdarkland Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
link to the past (on the snes) because it was the first one i ever played and ocarina of time because i just love it :)
Add a Comment: