Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 38

Any must-have games for the Sega Saturn?

:iconsallysfunnykiss:
SallysFunnyKiss Feb 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
After some thought, I've decided that it's time to make another addition to my console collection and get a Saturn. I'm looking into Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon (damn you, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, for doing your job and making me want to buy more Sega stuff...), but I am also looking into imports and such. Any suggestions? I have a budget of about $200. Don't go crazy. XD

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxopachi:
DoDonPachi...
:iconcorvalian:
Poor ol' Sega...
:iconlouiseugeniojr:
LouisEugenioJR Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I'd recommend Virtua Fighter 2, Nights Into Dreams, as well as Sonic Jam. As for imports, I highly recommend Radiant Silvergun, if you're into spaceship shooters.
:iconty-calibre:
Ty-Calibre Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Space Hulk.

Almost persuaded me to buy one of them.
:icondburch01:
dburch01 Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sonic Jam and maybe Megaman X-3 and Megaman 8
SallysFunnyKiss Feb 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
How many Sonic Genesis collections must I own? XDDD

I would like to see the hub world, though...
:icondburch01:
dburch01 Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Apparently, Jam's the best one
SallysFunnyKiss Feb 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Huh. I'm more interested in the whole "Sonic Adventure beta" aspect. Hopefully it won't make me motion sick like all the others seem to ... XD
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The main problem here is that all the titles I would recommend... are way over the top with the prices. ^^' Though since you're looking into Imports, you might find a copy to a decent price. Are you able to read Japanese? And is your Saturn modded? (the Saturn is regionlocked. I had to get a J-Saturn for the J-Games).

In any case I'd recommend to check Story of Thor 2 (the first part was for the Genesis). Panzer Dragoon Saga is fantastic too, but the price... is a killer, no question here. J-Copies are cheaper and easier to find than the US ones, so again: If you're able to read Japanese, go for a J-version.

Personally I loved Rayman, though it's hard as hell.

Synphony of the Night - as already recommended - is great too, even has some extra areas in the Saturn version. :D

And if you're a collector and in love with beautiful editions of games: Check everything created by Working Design. Their editions are mostly rare and expensive but so worth it~. (yes, I confess, I'm a big fan of their works).
Add a Comment: