Closed to new replies
February 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 43

Retro gamers

:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Anyone here a retro gamer? By which I mean, you spend more time playing NES/Genesis/SNES etc. games as opposed to new releases? What are some of your favorite games? Most recently played?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmalevolentmask:
MalevolentMask Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'll pretty much play whatever as long as its good, old or new.

Honestly one of my favorite "older" games is Earthbound which is on SNES. Just alot of the 8-bit games like Pokemon red, Kirby etc. are the best.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
It's kind of sad that this gen is the reason why I looked into old games in the first place.:hmm:
:icongamemaster007:
Gamemaster007 Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
I still play old RPG's of NES, SNES, GBA ,NDA on emulators.
:iconbennihana:
bennihana Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013
Arcanum is currently kicking my tail. Like a 2d sandbox game, revolutionary as hell along with Baldur's Gate. So fun running those games now on a decent rig hooked up to a big screen tv and surround sound rather than when they were laggy and buggy and maxed out a good computer's capabilities when they came out. Thank goodness for GoG (not schilling for them, just happy they exist).

Spent chunks of deployment beating A Link to the Past, FFIII (here, six in Japan), and ChronoTrigger for the first time each.

I love older games. They got it right. And now, as opposed to my childhood, theyre super affordable and "fixed." Of course, gfx are deplorable by today's standards, but it's so much easier to get involved into the story and invested in the characters of those older games.
:iconcapondesign:
CaponDesign Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Has anyone played Retrovirus? It came out last week.

[link]
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
Ooh, very interesting! Where do I buy?
:iconcapondesign:
CaponDesign Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Go can go get it from steam.
:iconthehadoukid:
TheHadouKid Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Older games seem a lot more...charming to me. I honestly don't get it. It's not nostalgia (I'm only 15)

That aside, some of my favorites are Mega Man 2, Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Blaster Master, Galaga, Dig Dug, Samurai Showdown.....

oh man, too many. Don't get me started on RPG's...
:iconmysterio-san:
Mysterio-san Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013   Digital Artist
I love newer and older games, but everytime I see a newer game, try it out, and then get bored with it, that's when I fall back to the older games. I know they made a "Genesis Collection" for the PS3, and I think it's one of the first things I got when I first had the PS3.
ANYWAYS...One of my favorite retro games would have to be "Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past"
Of course, I also loved "Streets of Rage" and "Dynamite Heady"
:iconscorpafied:
scorpafied Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
i tend to enjoy older games alot more then newer ones. and ive probably spent more time playing older games then new ones. i didnt touch a single ps3 game and the only 360 title i even bothered to get was unreal tournament 3. so i guess this classifies me as a retro gamer.

although if nintendo ever releases a decent portable console which allows you to play old games like n64, gba and snes id be so there! and id probably lose interest in alot of next gen titles. (other then a rare game i find to be an absolute gem)
Add a Comment: