Closed to new replies
February 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

About unity *Kinda a developer question*

:icontsukubane:
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Student Filmographer
Unity to me sounds like a fancy 3d version of flash. You can animate and make little games. Seems pretty cool. I'm messing with it a bit and doing tutorials if you are too maybe we can discuss it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondraconianrain:
DraconianRain Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm finding it really hard but I like the 2D games some people have made with it. I wish I could understand it better.
:iconfrozenglyph:
Frozenglyph Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I prefer game maker, i refuse to waste 1500 euros to buy that program (it used to be 200 or so like a year ago :/ )

Game maker seems to be better for "little games" while unity can go all 3D almost on par to unreal engine.
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student Filmographer
Theres a free version but I don't think you can publish them for money
:iconrequiemthefallen:
Requiemthefallen Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional General Artist
Actually, according to PC Gamer, you can. I believe they also offer a service where they'll split the profits between you and them, them getting 20%, and they'll handle the publishing side of game development.

I've been debating using it, as it has great porting options. My main concern is programming. I've presently got everything else at my indie studio for making a tech demo in pretty much any engine (we're so far using UDK) except a programmer.
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
You have to have a programmer or at least some knowledge of programming. Have you made any games yet? The lack of a programmer isn't holding you back or anything?
Requiemthefallen Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
I know programming methodology but I have no languages memorized as of yet. I've actually made several proof of concept demos, and am now working on an adventure game as my senior project that I'm hoping to see released by June. If you have the right people and the right engine, you can work around it, it just isn't easy. A lot of indie devs are hoping Unreal Engine 4 will change that.
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Student Filmographer
Seems interesting
Requiemthefallen Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Professional General Artist
One would hope, otherwise it'd be a pretty sucky game :P
Tsukubane Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Filmographer
True
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Artist
*Responding from my regular PC account*

With most engines. Construct doesn't require one, but its one of the few engines that doesn't. We're in the process of getting an adventure game done, then we're going to focus on trying to get a programmer so we can get our initial game ideas rolling. Right now, we honestly do need a programmer if we're going to make anything in 3D.
Add a Comment: