What are you currently playing?

What games are you guys currently playing? What do you like about or don't? I guess give some mini reviews on what you're playing.
Comments183
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Killing Floor.

It just never gets old. :)
Recently finished a playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution; coming from someone who's played Deus Ex first, I felt the story didn't have much of an impact as the first, DX:HR being a prequel, part of it, Jensen uncovering the conspiracy I already knew from the original DX. It's the kind of game that can be played multiple ways; personal perspective, the thing I think about first when playing DX is the exploration, atmosphere, and story. The combat is fairly simple; in my opinion, it's can be 'inactive', since stealth takedowns is pressing one button and seeing Jensen do a fancy animation, and full health can be regenerated by not taking damage for a while. The RPG part is also a bit simple since it's picking augmentations or weapon mods. The game provides a lot of guidance on how to beat it; waypoint markers (optional), map (imo much more informative than the original's), an aug basically telling you the dialogue option to pick (optional), and an NPC throwing hints on what to do during a certain encounter. Exploration part could be better though, aside from finding reading material and silly messages on Nigerian spam mail, wandering around in the map and getting the Explorer exp.bonus usually yields just weapons, ammo, money (things I already have in excess in my playthrough).
I played as stealth, as someone who hasn't played stealth games I can't praise much without potential platitude.

And played a bit of Warframe, as someone who hasn't bought the real-money currency, or for past what's provided in a fresh account. It's a game in closed beta and isn't complete yet.
What I noticed of it is that the enemies are mostly immobile enough to be very accurate with shots, exceptions being some Infested that run, charge, and leap at the player. The game does have an interesting setting and presents a distinct culture, but at this point, per mission played, I haven't found more story/lore/info about the set Warframe takes place, and that there's a small amount of map assets to the point one might get bored looking at the same thing; there isn't anything or much to distinguish a map in the Mars system between a map in the Earth, Jupiter, etc systems so far, and from a personal perspective, not much to distinguish how one moves in a map (since the game gives you directions) even though it is generated per mission.
Desciples III: Resurrection.

It's a fighting strategy with high resolution graphics and an amazing story line.

It's about this undead soldier raised from the graves trying to reclaim his throne from the evil Balgrein, who's currently in rule. He has to team up with some living creatures to accomplish just that.

Currently on turn three about 48% through the game after whipping right through it for the third time this month, and at level 84 (max level is like 260, 190 needed to beat the final boss honestly recommended.)
palying dragon age: orgins. god this game is hard. I should just go back to skyrim, seriously.
Are you having problems with playing games?

I'm sorry, how is Origins hard? It's rated as one of the top 20 easiest games in the world by many gamer magazines.
okay, first of all, did you play the game yourself? because otherwise, you have to right to say anything. second of all, if you look to gamer magazines for a fact, you're already considered somebody no one can believe, because 85% of the time, Gamer magazines are just companies paying off these magazines in order to get positive feedback from their games,(I guarantee you bioware paid them off in order for whatever you read to say that.) because that game is anything besides easy, and not just in terms of gameplay either.
Yeah i did, aand i can beat it in less than a day.
Well, in the end, everyone has their own experiences playing games, so I don't care. I had difficulty playing the game, you evidently didn't. Whatever. Also, showing off, saying "ermahgerd, I'm so cool look how awesome I am I can beadiss game in two minutes" dosent state any facts. It just makes you look like a tool.
Minecraft. Lots and lots of Minecraft.
Gonna start on Dark Souls today. Anyone played this before?
...are you suicidal?
Oh nothing, you just said you were gonna play dark souls.
I like a challenge and I love the style of the game.
whatever you're into, bro.
I've been on a Garry's Mod kick as of late. Extremely fun, provided you go to the workshop and stock up on maps, addons, NPCs, etc.
Playing Doom 3 BFG Edition. After this I'm gonna play the older Doom games again.
Playstation Spamstars Battle Royale.....i mean "Allstars Battle Royale"
you mean sony smash bros. melee.
Skyrim:

I love the graphics. and how there's a bit more into it, and there are tougher monsters and beasts you can battle with.

I don't like how they forgot some things, like being able to drag bodies or items and stuff. And the horses are a bit strange...like.. they won't back up, they just turn around and freak out. i don't know how to explain.

i bet there's so much more, but i can't think of it right now... hohohohoh.
you can still drag bodies and pick up items.

I see your using a 360, so just hold A on said body/item.
yeah..i figured it out already XD thank you though.

the only thing missing though, is the ability to rotate an item T_T
What platform do you use?