Closed to new replies
February 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Unique Classes for MMORPGs

:icongallantdrifter:
Hi guys,

I'm sure you're well aware of the lack of originality in MMORPGs these days. even Guild Wars 2 sports the same fantasy setting, and classes common to the fantasy genre. So, without limiting it to the fantasy genre, what sort of class has not been seen in an MMO, or is not common?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmarvelouschester:
Well depending on the time era you choose will greatly limit what you can use and then you can only do so much, no amount of fantasy can change that.
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I actually thought that the Mesmer class is pretty unique haha.
:iconblippeh:
Businessmen and scientists. Basically, modern people.
Shit, you could do a ton of damage with a full suitcase.

Oh, and something to do with robots. Maybe actual robots.
:iconultimateridley:
UltimateRidley Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Feast your eyes: [link]
:iconultimateridley:
UltimateRidley Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Exactly my reaction when I saw them myself.

The Bureaucrat and Engineer are freaking fun to play. You can even name your robot and make them speak, on top of the regular combat abilities. You should try the game out.
:iconrequiemthefallen:
Requiemthefallen Feb 1, 2013  Professional General Artist
I'd like to just flat out see an MMORPG that controls like, say, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Doing that alone would probably even make the stalest of classes seem unique or new.

Although I would wager that Smuggler and Imperial Agent from TOR are unique, in that they in theory should be "rogues", but actually can function in a variety of ways and generally are more appropriately defined by their actual title.
:iconrobertthem:
Robertthem Feb 3, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Have you heard of Raiderz? You can dodge, jump and all that, and you have to aim your attacks too.
:iconrequiemthefallen:
Requiemthefallen Feb 4, 2013  Professional General Artist
Honestly, no, but I'll be sure to look it up.
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I've never heard of a Warrior with magical shields that counter attacks. Then again, I've only seen one game with that to begin with.
Add a Comment: