which next gen console do you have your eye on?

With all the big releases pulled to the start of the year, a lot of rumors about next gen releases have been circulating.

So which one are you more curious about, which current console do you play the most now? as I imagine that will have a influence.
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm about two weeks away from having enough for a Vita. Should be just in time for when Persona 4 Golden lands here in the UK :D
I'll get a Wii U when the next SSB shows up. I hear Mega Man is confirmed as a playable character. :squee:
New xbox sounds good, I like the idea of duel processors.
Wii U, no contest. Sure, the system may have a few technical issues to iron out in subsequent updates, but I can't help myself when Nintendo comes out with something new (I bought my 3DS when it was priced at $250).
I'm looking at that Wii U, and as more time passes, I'm feeling more reluctant to getting it. The fact that the Wii U and my 3DS will be cross-compatible is a cool thing, but what's holding me back in the price, and I'm waiting to see about the Super Smash Brothers came coming out for it, as well at the next Zelda game.
PS4 and maayybbbbeee the Xbox 720. Surprised third-party have not followed the trend of Castle Crashers, seeing on how it's a big success.

Seeing what happened to the Vita with it's incredibly small library and sales, I most likely won't be getting the new Sony handheld if they release one.
The way Valve is going I'd say a PC is the best gaming investment. Games are cheaper and you don't have to upgrade as much these days.
None. I'll stick to my PS3 for as long as I possibly can.
By the time I'm able to get PS4, they'll be releasing PS5 or something stupid.
Id eventually like a WiiU when they fix a few of the early console hiccups. Ouya and SteamBox could be cool.. I havent really researched them much.
I have a Wii U and PC, so I'm set.
Wii U, though I'm not getting one until the next Smash bros. come.
Waiting until it's 2-3 years into the next generation and decide then. Nothing right now has my interest.

I'm likely to upgrade my processor though.
I have a Wii U, so chances are I'm going to keep an eye on it more. I want to know more about Yarn Yoshi and that fantastically cracktastic SMT X FE. Between that game, and SMT IV and Soul Hackers, Nintendo and Atlus are getting chummy lately. If they keep it up, the Wii U could get Persona V as well.:B Handheld-wise, I'm looking forward to more 3DS games, while with the Vita, I'm waiting for a game.

I'm not planning on getting the next Xbox but I am curious on how Microsoft will do again. I heard their next console could produce the game's settings around your living room. I doubt that it's true, but it'll be something if they could pull it off. For Sony, ever since their no-second-hand games policy, I lost pretty much all interest.
If the brick PS3, and the crappy vita implies anything, It's that the PS 4 will be the worst POS yet.

I suppose It's possible MS can pull a rabbit out of nowhere, but It's doubtful, and even if the do, much like what they did with XBOX games, they'll discontinue all 360 game dl content, which is a epic fail.

The 3DS is a utter POS, however the wiiU, and its library is looking better with almost every new game announced, and with titles like SMT X Fire Emblem, things are especially starting to look stong(a colagoration, while letting a company that knows wtf they are doing, handle the development, instead of Nintendo butchering yet another game, with their substandard game developers), so yea, keeping a eye on the wiiU.
Well the current console that I play the most atm is the PS3. And my other most played console(handheld) is gonna have be the PSP.

I'm gonna take a wait and see approach with the new upcoming consoles and see what they have to offer.
Steambox sounds interesting.
I feel that as a professional reviewer I have no choice but to review on all platforms, and give each one a fair hearing. It's hard to look at the average consumer such as yourself and take a side, as each console has it's own perks and advantages. The media currently abuses the Vita along with social media; and yet it's one of the greatest pieces of hardware ever made. It doesn't matter what I say about the new generation too, as too many people have bias for and against the brands.

The truth is, you should do your best to thoroughly try EVERY console and not just estimate and opinionate. How many of you have truly played a vast library on each console? Seriously, how many? I'm not being cruel, but I have a lot of doubt that a large number of you have a weighted opinion about which is best, or will be the best.
None. I don't have my eye on any of them.

Nintendo are just the biggest joke company ever created and that Wii U is the biggest load of shit I have ever seen in my life. I can't believe there are losers out there wiling to spend double the price of the PS3/360 on a shit as hell console with worse graphics and memory than the PS3/360.

I can't stand Sony with a burning passion.

I am getting sick to the back teeth of MIcrosoft. They have really done their level best to destroy the 360. They think that Kinect is the best thing ever and can't see it for what it is fucking horseshit of the first order and would much rather concentrate on that shit and the casual gamers than the hardcore core gamers that made them and the dashboard is now a complete mess with all these pathetic apps that hardly anyone uses.

I have never herd of "Ouya".
PS4. Sony is the only company that is actually being creative, rather than going down the drain like the other two.
Finally, someone who isn't brainwashed by Microsoft.
PS4. It has a "live OS" did you hear?
there's not enough reliable information for me to make that decision
The new Xbox and Playstation are meh, to be expected. I want something fresh. Have you guys heard of the Ouya? It's a new console run on Android and it's being backed by pretty big companies like Square Enix and Namco Bandai. It promises to have all the games available for it to be free-to-try and will fully support indie game companies. Pretty cool!
whatever the next generic cheap ass station comes out like the Polystation [link]