Best thing ever to happen to you in a game?

As the title says, what's the best thing that's ever happened to you in video game? Be it a random event or something you planned :D

Go!
Comments341
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Anytime when you catch a shiny Pokemon. It's even better when it has the nature you want, like my shiny female Modest Magmortar that I caught as a Magby in Pearl.
For some time I was stuck on a part of the Data Hive mission when playing ODST on Legendary - it was the icy corridor where there are around 5 or 6 Brutes (one of them was a Brute Chieftain with a detached plasma turret.) I kept on getting frustrated and quite pissed off as either I was making sloppy mistakes and/or I was getting killed by the Chieftain all the time. In the end I took a break from playing ODST for a while and on Saturday I thought to myself "Why not? I haven't played it for a month, so I CAN get past the bit I'm stuck on!"

Anyway the first attempt ended in failure as after killing the remaining Brutes, the Chieftain gunned me down. The second attempt was really epic - I killed three Brutes easily and when everything was quiet I made a run for it. A few seconds later I run into a Brute armed with a Brute Shot (he roared when he seen me), run past him and continued on my way (running while jumping) while avoiding his shots. I turned the corner just in time and luckily the wall corner saved me from his last shot as I was already low on health at the time. And all the while I asked myself "Where was the Chieftain exactly?"

In the end I went into Theatre mode and watched the replay. It turns out that somehow I slipped past the Chieftain without noticing him - he was miles away and when he realised his mistake (the other Brute's roar must have alerted him) and he started to run but then he stopped. What I didn't realise is that when I was running down the corridor the Brute with the Brute shot was actually chasing after me while firing his weapon at me and he stopped when I turned the corner. When I was playing it at the time I thought it was close, but I didn't realise how close it was when I watched the replay.

It was the best 6 minutes of my life XD And what made it special was the same day I managed to beat ODST Campaign on Legendary!
Falling in love with Kaidan Alenko...

And Thane, Anders, Fenris...

Bioware love interests are the best :)
I discovered Moroi Sakuraba's Piano Solo while playing Tales of Phantasia at 4 in the morning.
In 1997 when I got the full version of Grand Theft Auto, (bought an M-rated game from a store with cash when 9 years old) and started destroying stuff using weapon cheats, at some point in the game there was a glitch. There were so many burning cars littering the streets, that it was no longer possible for police or ambulances to get to where I was wreaking havoc. For some reason however, pedestrians and civilian cars would still spawn. So I could continue the mayhem without interruptions. It didn't even matter if I died. Cops would still not show up fater I woke up in the hospital.

I didn't understand game glitches or memory shortages yet, so I actually thought that I had blown up so many ambulances in front of the hospitals, that no new ambulances could drive out from the hospital, therefore no dead cops could be revived, therefore, no new cops could get after me. :D
The moment I defeated Corvus in Dragon Quest XI, after months of sweat blood and tears, and finally getting to the post game quests ;).

And the moment I defeated the Dustflier in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. It took half an hour, and my heart was beating too fast the whole time, but it made me feal soooo good when it was over
I was playing Skyrim (for the record, I suck so much at Skyrim it's embarrassing) and halfway through the Bleak Falls Barrow Quest, one of the first missions in the game, I decided to change the viewpoint.

Turns out my character had an arrow in her knee :roll:
Glad you approve :bow:
I was playing Bioshock not long ago, and was inside Sander Cohen's apartment (I had not killed him)
I pissed him of, and he was going to "teach me how to dance" (He was going to kill me)
Right before he opened the door, I had planted a mine by the door. He ran right into the mine.
I found him with the upper body stuck in a corner, but he was alive, so the feets was moving.

I laughed so hard, 'couse he really was showing me how to dance!
The moment when you get hit by a enemy in Megaman and you accidentally land the floor spikes but lucky you had a moment of invincibility(megaman is flashing).
I've got a few:

-Beating the crap out of enemies with my staff in Lord of the Rings: War in the North and doing great at it, all while my brother and I were playing it for the first time. Hell, even my bro commented that I was doing awesome with it!

-One-hit KO's in Pokemon White Version. GO, SAMUROTT, GO!!!

-And while still in Pokemon, all the win streaks in the Battle Subway.

-Yet while still in Pokemon, battling and catching Dialga in Pokemon Diamond. (Sadly, I did not put it in my regular team). That battle had such great music. . .

-Beating my brother (It's pretty obvious by now that I sometimes play video games with him, LOL) as Peach in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, all while he thought I wouldn't be able to beat him in the first place (Because to be honest, I kind of suck at it). Oh, god, the look on his face at the end of the matches!!!! XDDDDD

-And finally, in Halo Reach, in Firefight (Or whatever the hell it's called) mode, my brother cracking jokes about blue cheese (Because something he said sounded like "blue cheese") while he was playing as an Elite. Ah, good times. . .
Realizing that I was The sith lord Darth Revan in KOtor 1 this whole time
I survived a zombie horde with 1 hp. BEST.DAY.OF.MY.LIFE. :iconohyeahplz:
Completion of Crysis 2(PC) within a day :) VICTORY!!! :D
Playing Batman(AA and AC(PC)) the whole night :D
Completing Resident Evil 4(PS2) :tears:
Falling in love in Steambot Chronicles(PS2) :love:
Growing up in AC III
Taking down 3 planes in Ace Combat(PS2) in a combo

AND THE BEST THING EVER: Mastering the AE86 in Fast and The Furious Tokyo drift(PS2) and defeating a corvette with it :D
Getting to then end of my Journey with the person I started it with. All of Journey is the best thing that ever happened to me in a game! The music, the scenery and the companionship are all pretty much magical!
God, I want to play journey so bad.
I'm literally buying a PS3 just to experience it.
I'm very pleased to hear this lol we had an 360 and one of the reasons we switched was Journey ^_^
Pretty much everything Thatgamecompany has done makes me want to get a PS3!
I don't blame you, a couple of weeks after buying Journey I got Flower lol I played Flow back in '07 already, I can't wait for their next one, wonder if it'll still be PS3 exclusive as their 3 game contract with Snoy ended with Journey.
I get the feeling it'll be for the PS4, so I'll most likely get that and then download their entire collection :D
I think first off I should talk about Skyrim:

•I did everything in the game and killed literally everything I could, leaving me with no quests left (:D)
•And created 65 different mods for the game.

Then Maybe I should talk about... Guild Wars two:
•I hit the rank one in the Global Overall Ladder in half the servers.

Thirdly, Aion 2:
•I reach the cap level before anyone else was within five levels
•created a Video, Audio, and Visual set of Walkthroughs for the missions.
•Created a guide for arours, weapons, etc. in a Visual and Video format.

Fourth, Call of Duty Black Ops:
•Reached Level 54 in the Online PvP (Player versus Player) area.
•Conquered the hardest game setting in 5 hours without taking one hit on me (perfect game).

Lastly, Diablo 3:
•Beat the game in 4 hours on the hardest setting without dying.
•Created 102 mods
•Created over 7000 custom weapons.
I bow to you.

How do you find the time to do all of these amazing achievements?!?
It took a few years to do it all.