THQ bankrupty, any fans sadden by this?

I really hope Darksiders and Saints Row gets bought by someone decent...
Comments82
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Pardon me for sounding like a broken record, but I read through Sega's official Facebook page that they bought all shares of THQ Canada.
Since I know those W40k rights shouldn't be going to waste, I'm fine.
Though I am sad for THQ I am also happy that thier franchises did not end with them.
I think Volition will be okay. Saints Row ought to be alright. (One of my 3D Animation professors works there and nobody else has told me of anything cataclysmic happening)
Not really, because all their franchaises have been transferred to competent developers, and more to the point, EA Games did not get any of the rights to anything, ensuring that favorite titles like Darksiders, DoW, and Saint's Row , won't be ruined by a compant who make exclusively shovel-ware and really really bad sports games.
Any news on who bought Darksiders?
Still pending, but most likely T2 (Take 2 Entertainment), whom I believe is responsible for Bioshock, so that should be very interesting.
Hm, that could be interesting...although I haven't played much of bioshock except for the first one.
Recently, Sega acquired all shares of THQ Canada.
More companies that will probably go down:

Sony: Ever since the start of the 7th gen they have been a laughing stock, moreso each year.
They're owned by Koch Media... who own Deep Silver... so it's anybody's guess how they'll turn out now.

I just wish Red Faction had gotten in the hands of some new developer -- someone who could actually get some decent writers and game designers in there. That'd be good.
Yeah...I was never crazy about dead island but red faction, I haven't touched since the beginning, each installment became bleh.
Armageddon was decent. Horrible writing/acting and rather forced boss fights, but I enjoyed beating up the aliens and breaking shit.
I was a bit anxious that Relic was bought by SEGA, but after a friend showed me what they did with Total War I'm kinda re-assured. It's better for Relic to be in SEGA's hands than in EA or Ubisoft's hands anyway.
Too bad Darksiders wasn't bought by anyone. Can't say I played the games, but they looked rather good.
But seriously now, for a company to go down from 1.1 billion revenue to a state of a complete closing? who ran the company? disabled monkeys?
A lot of people running business don't have a clue how to run money :/ , Darksiders will find a home, it just has to.
Darksiders: [link]

Copy and pasted from Twitter (Atsushi Inaba)
THQのスタジオ&IPバラ売りオークションで『DARKSIDERS』売れ残ったってマジか。買いたいなあ…安く…

Google Translated:
Seriously "DARKSIDERS" in the auction sale of THQ Studio & IP rose I remained unsold. Cheap ... I want to buy ...

Thoughts? ...
I am sure someone will keep up Vigil, I don't see why they won't.
I personally am, I really hope its not EA who will take over them too like they did to PopCap and look at the result..
Yeah...me too :/
Did they just file bankruptcy or are they actually closing?
Believe it was filed before hand, they're actually closing now and been auctioning off their games. You can find an article on it.
Ah, thanks. I just wish I'd noticed sooner.
RIP Darksiders and Saints Row.
The Third was the best.
Good thing they won't be able to do a forth one which will be... the protagonist being kidnapped by aliens and send to a virtual Steelport...