Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 81

THQ bankrupty, any fans sadden by this?

:iconimperf3ction:
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I really hope Darksiders and Saints Row gets bought by someone decent...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontheroyalcrownjewel:
TheRoyalCrownJewel Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Pardon me for sounding like a broken record, but I read through Sega's official Facebook page that they bought all shares of THQ Canada.
:iconhotaru-suzume:
Hotaru-Suzume Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013   General Artist
Since I know those W40k rights shouldn't be going to waste, I'm fine.
:iconcindertwig:
Cindertwig Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Though I am sad for THQ I am also happy that thier franchises did not end with them.
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I think Volition will be okay. Saints Row ought to be alright. (One of my 3D Animation professors works there and nobody else has told me of anything cataclysmic happening)
:iconmonkeydanceguy:
MonkeydanceGuy Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not really, because all their franchaises have been transferred to competent developers, and more to the point, EA Games did not get any of the rights to anything, ensuring that favorite titles like Darksiders, DoW, and Saint's Row , won't be ruined by a compant who make exclusively shovel-ware and really really bad sports games.
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Any news on who bought Darksiders?
:iconmonkeydanceguy:
MonkeydanceGuy Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Still pending, but most likely T2 (Take 2 Entertainment), whom I believe is responsible for Bioshock, so that should be very interesting.
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hm, that could be interesting...although I haven't played much of bioshock except for the first one.
:icontheroyalcrownjewel:
TheRoyalCrownJewel Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Recently, Sega acquired all shares of THQ Canada.
:icontheautisticonenamedm:
More companies that will probably go down:

Sony: Ever since the start of the 7th gen they have been a laughing stock, moreso each year.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Artist
They're owned by Koch Media... who own Deep Silver... so it's anybody's guess how they'll turn out now.

I just wish Red Faction had gotten in the hands of some new developer -- someone who could actually get some decent writers and game designers in there. That'd be good.
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yeah...I was never crazy about dead island but red faction, I haven't touched since the beginning, each installment became bleh.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Artist
Armageddon was decent. Horrible writing/acting and rather forced boss fights, but I enjoyed beating up the aliens and breaking shit.
:iconanuekr:
anuekr Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
I was a bit anxious that Relic was bought by SEGA, but after a friend showed me what they did with Total War I'm kinda re-assured. It's better for Relic to be in SEGA's hands than in EA or Ubisoft's hands anyway.
Too bad Darksiders wasn't bought by anyone. Can't say I played the games, but they looked rather good.
But seriously now, for a company to go down from 1.1 billion revenue to a state of a complete closing? who ran the company? disabled monkeys?
A lot of people running business don't have a clue how to run money :/ , Darksiders will find a home, it just has to.
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Darksiders: [link]

Copy and pasted from Twitter (Atsushi Inaba)
THQのスタジオ&IPバラ売りオークションで『DARKSIDERS』売れ残ったってマジか。買いたいなあ…安く…

Google Translated:
Seriously "DARKSIDERS" in the auction sale of THQ Studio & IP rose I remained unsold. Cheap ... I want to buy ...

Thoughts? ...
I am sure someone will keep up Vigil, I don't see why they won't.
:iconzetikla:
Zetikla Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student Photographer
I personally am, I really hope its not EA who will take over them too like they did to PopCap and look at the result..
Yeah...me too :/
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Did they just file bankruptcy or are they actually closing?
Believe it was filed before hand, they're actually closing now and been auctioning off their games. You can find an article on it.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ah, thanks. I just wish I'd noticed sooner.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
RIP Darksiders and Saints Row.
:iconstreled:
Streled Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013   Traditional Artist
The Third was the best.
Good thing they won't be able to do a forth one which will be... the protagonist being kidnapped by aliens and send to a virtual Steelport...
:iconieighton:
Ieighton Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Metro 2033 and Company of Heroes ;_;
:iconhoggys2much:
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
The companies I would much rather see go under are as follows:

Ubisoft - They have to be one of the worst companies ever. Assassin's Shit has to go down in history as the most overhyped overrated piece of shit ever created in the history of gaming. Also their other games look like total horseshit as well.

EA - My God they are the scourge of gaming. All they care about is ripping us off as much as possible with non working servers, half assed games and unfinished games. I haven't pl;ayed a game from them in over 20 years.

Namco - Heads should roll at what they did to the Soul Calibur series. They had the greatest fighting game series ever in Soul Calibur but they totally fucked it up and I want to kill the person responsible for putting Assassin's Shit into the game. Oh they would much rather concentrate and put all their efforts into the shit Tekken than into SC.

Nintendo - My God they are dire. The Wii and Wii-U are the biggest jokes in gaming history. The Wii truly sucked and that Wii U looks like a complete turd with worse graphics than two eight year old consoles. Their games are shit. All they can make is re-released rehashed to death kiddie crap.

Capcom - All they care about is ripping us off.

Microsoft - All they care about is the fucked up shit as hell Kinect. Those fucking assholes at MS can't see Kinect for what it is a piece of horseshit of the first order. If they are not careful they are going to lose the hardcore core gamers that made them.

Platinum Games - My God their games suck Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns are just truly shit. The only reason Bayonetta worked was it was made by Hideki Kamiya and his lads from the defunct Clover Studios.

But the company I really want to see go under is SEGA! My God I hate their guts with a passion. They have had the opportunity this Gen to make some really great and new franchises like for instance Bayonetta and to re-release Shenmue and to bring out more of the fantastic Virtua Fighter but no they scraped all that for more shit as hell Sawnik. Despite the fact that it is Sonic that is costing them their existence but they are two fucktarded to see that. I want to kill the asshole responsible who said no to Bayonetta 2.
Sonic is still SEGA's mascot.

Rayman Origins was a very good game.

Who seriously care more about graphism than gameplay?!
The Wii-U seem promising with it new gameplay. Wait a little to see more games for it.

You've forgot Sony.
:iconshadowyeclipse:
ShadowyEclipse Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
My god, chill out.

Though I don't disagree with you on much except for Assassin's creed. It isn't the best game in the world, but calling it bad isn't giving it any credit. It's fun to play and has a decent story.

((Except for AC3.))

But yeah I agree with you on everything else, especially about EA, Nintendo, and Microsoft.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013
Listen Assassin's Shit is the worst game ever created in the history of gaming.

It is complete horseshit of the first order. I played the first one for three hours and I was bored out of my senses.

AC has a good story!? LOL! ROFL! It has the WORST story and premise I have ever heard in my 34 years of gaming. Some barman thinks he was an assassin in a previous life and the human Genome has memory! Do me a fucking favour! I cringed when I heard that!

You could tell that in the first one that even the voice actors thought that story was complete shit and were only there for their paychecks.

The controls are shit! The graphics suck and the gameplay is pathetic.

How that horseshit sold copies I shall never know.

Even my dad said he couldn't stand Assassin's Creed. I was totally knocked down by that as I never knew he had heard of it. He hates AC3 for it's anti-British story.

Even my brother and nephew hate it.

Now go and cry elsewhere. AC is horseshit end of story!
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
What about Actiblizzon?
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
If by that you mean Activision thank you for reminding me. I had totally forgotten about them.

They can GTF as well. Them and their Crap Of Duty.

Oh whatever happened to Craptivision? I remember back in the 1980's when they meant something and made some of the best games out but now they are just pathetic.
No, I meant the merged blob known as Activision/Blizzard. :dummy:
I have never heard of "Blizzard" so I can't comment on them.
Blizzard is the one who've made World of Warcraft.
You know, the WoW guys.
I have heard of World Of Warcraft but not who made it because I have no interest in that game.
:iconshadowangel3:
ShadowAngel3 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I sure am. I hope Darksiders at least will go into good hands, and by that, I mean anyone who's not Activision or EA.
:iconstipend:
stipend Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   General Artist
darksiders 1 & 2 were fun,
hopefully the new owner won't ruin vigil's vision.
REALLY hoping that's the case, because they got 2 horsemen to finish out.
stipend Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013   General Artist
there were no bids on vigil or the darksiders ip... :(
:( , maybe it's because it was THQ's best seller? I wouldn't know..I never saw statistics, let's keep praying.
stipend Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013   General Artist
i think saints row 3 was one of the successful titles (which sold). if i remember correctly darksiders 2 fell around 250k short of the 2 million sales necessary to either break even or profit. i could have sworn homefront failed... but they sold (albeit for a "meager" 500k to crytek)
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
I wish it was EA that went under instead. But sadly that isn't going to happen.
Ha, I think we all would want that to happen. After the shit that went down in Bioware.
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
EA also ruined Westwood, Origin and Bullfrog.
Didn't Origin screw themselves over?
ShadowAngel3 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think a lot of us would like to see EA go down. Personally, though, I'm more eager to see Activision go under.
Doesn't Activision work under Blizzard now?
ShadowAngel3 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have no idea.
hoggys2much Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Totally agree with that.

I would give anything to see EA go under. They really are the scourge of gaming. I haven't played an EA game in over 20 years.
Add a Comment: