Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 22

Opinions on Elder Scrolls Online?

:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'm really excited about it to be honest, and I signed up to beta test it so *fingers crossed* ^_^

For those gamers who are limited to Sims 3 and Pokemon Maroon or w/e it's up to now, [link]

So yea, thoughts? Do you think it'll stand up to other MMORPG's or end up in the gutter with Diablo 3?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
This game is likely going to be Bethesda's TORtanic. TBH Elder Scrolls hasn't been great since Daggerfall or Morrowind.
:icontdroid:
tdroid Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
ESO seems promising, so I might even end up trying it even though I am not a fan of MMOs. Also, the cinematic trailer was awesome.
:iconfragdog:
Fragdog Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I just fucking signed up for the beta.
Good luck!!! There's like a 2q34527435837597345n sejkfsdj billion people signed up for it aaaaggghhhh :c
:iconfragdog:
Fragdog Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lol.
:iconpepperseeds:
PepperSeeds Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have a hunch that it will be kind of like Lord Of The Rings online (pay to play) /pay per month system.
The best part is, since its online they can dole out MASSIVE amounts of content for a pretty long time, keeping players satisfied.
Tbh, it might just be building hype though, and kind of die down after a while...
Offtopic: If you want a solid, and i mean SOLID mmorpg, check out Blade and Soul being released in NA on this year (june, i think)
its an mmorpg that uses the Unreal 3 engine. Unreal 3. completely over powered, and it isnt point n click, theres a lot of button mashing involved.
I believe that LOTR online is a pretty good game? That's just from what I've heard, never played it myself. And I do agree with you, that's something I've been thinking about too. Since the back story is pretty, well.. standard, I think they will have a lot of room to release updates and expansions if they wanted to.

Just looking at the trailer now, the style is not what I expected at all! But damn it looks cool.

ALSO: [link] interesting.
:iconpepperseeds:
PepperSeeds Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
oh of course, LOTRO is heaps of fun,(i invested half my summer onto that game), but only because their business model ended up being successful, i dont know if it will be the same for ESO though (as LOTR was already a monstrous franchise to begin with)

nice trailer!im all pumped up :D
:icongamerdude500:
gamerdude500 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, I know that Bethesda always puts huge amounts of work into every game they produce, especially when it comes to story and lore and such, so that's one thing we can be sure will be great :) As for game-play, from what I've seen it looks similar to Skyrim, which is a good thing, as Skyrim had the best combat system in the Elder Scrolls series. And the fan base is there, for sure, so they'll have no problems getting people to play it. I think Bethesda will have another success :D
Hope so! Bethesda is just the publisher tho. Zenimax is the ones developing it. I just hope that the fan base likes it!
Add a Comment: