Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 43

Mad Father - WTH??? [Spoilers]

:icontataouin:
Tataouin Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So I just finished playing Mad Father and the ending was not what I expected it to be at all! I want to replay it to get all the gems but I feel sad playing it now. :(

So to other gamers who have played this game: what did you think of the story? The characters? And the story's ending?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbianca5:
Bianca5 Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Student Artist
I don't really understand the storyline of Mad Father.
:iconakatsukidawn44:
AkatsukiDawn44 Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's confusing but I understood it.

What don't you get?
:iconlily-l:
Lily-L Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013
It was pretty good. Definitely one of the less scary games out of the scary games collection. The walking dolls made me so mad though. I thought the story was interesting and pretty good. The characters looked good too. I kinda wish that Aya didn't become like her father especially after she went through all the crap of running away from him but oh well. There was not as many jumpscares as I expected! The main thing I really would've liked was more background on all the experiments, especially the blond boy! He seemed so important, but he barely appears later and there's nothing about him whatsoever.
:iconrisesatspring:
risesatspring Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The game's ending is pretty fucked up. I'll agree on that one.
:iconxxemoco0ki3xx:
XxEmoCo0ki3xX Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
People think that the Aya in the vat at the end is the real Aya or that Aya is a good person running the clinic.

The Aya's were not switched. In the true ending, Ogre (the red eyed stranger, just like the book on Aya's shelf) brought Alfred (the father) back from the dead and into another dimension. that's why his hair and hands are purple. Ogre said "Maybe one day you can show this girl your homeland". That means that the Aya in the glass (who is quite curvaceous for an 11 y/o) has never been in the real world, meaning she was never the real Aya, and is a recreation made my Alfred to fulfill his desires.

And as for the theories about Aya actually being a good person at the end... oh i wish i was that naive... It may look that way, because Aya is helping Jean at the end and Maria said she is just like her father, so some people think that it means she got the part of her father that saved maria off the streets.

However, If you pay attention, Jean says that she was helped here by an old lady with a carriage. she hears hooves in the back of the house. then when it pans over to Maria, you can clearly see she has aged (to the point of being called an old lady...). you can also see a door behind her, (from the back, where the hooves were), the red anatomy book her father had, a small collection of dolls... and, to seal the deal, a ladder to a basement to Maria's right.

Maria tells people that there is a nearby clinic that gives free treatments, takes them there, and then Aya gets to turn them into dolls
Tataouin Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I was so confused by the different dimensions thing; but I totally understood the real ending. I didn't see the basement door though. I am playing through the game a second time though and I noticed extra messages throughout the game providing more evidence towards Aya's future fate. I just found the ending a bit messed up since Dio tried to get her out and told her that nothing like this should happen again; and what does she do? She does it again! x(
:iconsabasanosis:
Sabasanosis Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student General Artist
Which ending are you talking about? I saw the one with when you save farther. Knew he was crazy, still saved the retard.
Yeah, that's the one! Bizarre ending. Sad.
:iconsabasanosis:
Sabasanosis Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student General Artist
You see i have this thing where if i'm sad i just make stuff up.
Haha like your own ending? :3
Add a Comment: