Goodbye social life mayhaps? Elder scrolls online.

[link]

>.> that rogue though....
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The trailer looks like just another generic fantasy trailer really. Oh look, big burly Nord! Mystical magic elf!

I'll wait until I see the gameplay footage though, I want a fun world to play in.
I'll remain very sceptical until they reveal something that is would actually make the game unique. Like, unique for real. Not gimmicky bullshit like voice acting (most insignificant "feature" ever?) or rifts or whatever.
I always dreamed that The Elder Scrolls would become online... I think I will play it night and day
Seriously though, I wouldn't get too excited about it until you get to try, say, an open beta. The game's just concepts until proven otherwise. And even then, I wouldn't expect it to play like the rest of the Elder Scrolls games.
playing an mmo invovles social interaction, so your good.
Oh for crying out loud -- that's a cinematic trailer. It's already been revealed that the actual game will pretty much be TOR but with dodging and blocking. They're even going to make the main quest be essentially SP like TOR.

Yes, it's a very pretty trailer, but like every CGI cinematic trailer -- none of that was game content. That's what they'll probably use as an intro-sequence. It has nothing pertaining really to the plot or what players will be doing, beyond a three-way faction system.
The game will run like TOR? where did you find your sources? I'll like to read into that.
Game Informer. They had a cover story about it.

Also, Escapist, Kotaku, and PC Gamer. Escapist and PC Gamer are my preferred ones, but I blog on GIO.
Ah, I'll look into it, thanks. I haven't been keeping up much deeply with what's going on, just glimpses.
OH DAMN I just made a thread about it and didn't even see this one.

SUper excited though!
Yes! So epic! I've already signed up for the beta-testing. But honestly, action-wise I doubt it'll look anything like the trailer. Elder Scrolls games (and Fallout) have pretty stiff and clunky animations, nowhere near as fluid as it should be to seem natural.
Since ZeniMax is developing it, it will probably have the same physics engine.
My thoughts precisely and I don't know about you, but I always found their graphics never anything appealing. The only thing that wow'ed me in Skyrim was the Nighting Gale Armor (so awesome)
Yeah the visuals aren't anything special, pretty generic. But at least Fallout had some unique style to it. The Elder Scrolls series is kind of plain but hopefully the gameplay of ES Online will outweigh all that!
Yeah Fallout was probably more appealing because of the guns and the cool animations, which is what I liked. Skyrim was just like HERE SIR TAKE 20 MILES OF LAND, A SWORD AND GO WHERE YOU PLEASE lmao
Oh and for the record, topic is clearly sarcasm, just saying.
Minus the fact the game is coming out, I can't really take this game seriously only because it's Bethesda and they have no business in the mmo market IMO
I have no interest in MMOs or multiplayer games at all

I am a hermit
Good! people stink, well some of them at least :P , but depends on the multiplayer though, I prefer to play with friends.
Um am I the only one whom thinks a MMO being developed by a company that has a rep for releasing the most bug ridden, half fast, contentless games ever made, is a bad idea?

MMOs need to be the exact opposite of the POS that company is known for releasing(content galore, not just maps, but content to fill the world as well, the fewest amount of bugs possibe, deffinitely no major bugs, and there needs to actually be depth to the gameplay).
No, considering all of the games they have released are great.
lol nice joke, what you really mean all their games are half fast, contentless, and the most bug ridden games ever made.
No, what I meant was they are great games, which they are.
Great games would be full with content, their games have a awesome concept, but are always unfinished.

A huge world is awesome, but you need to fill the world with content.

It's pretty damn clear there's no beta phase at all when they develop a game, they go from alpha, right to the shelf(none of the tons of added content that is usually added during a beta phase is in their games, just the bare min needed to test the main systems in the alpha phase, and their games have a unheard of amount of bugs/glitches, which again hints at there being no beta phase)