Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 60

Goodbye social life mayhaps? Elder scrolls online.

:iconimperf3ction:
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
[link]

>.> that rogue though....

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontexd:
TeXD Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
The trailer looks like just another generic fantasy trailer really. Oh look, big burly Nord! Mystical magic elf!

I'll wait until I see the gameplay footage though, I want a fun world to play in.
:icondosatac:
dosatac Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'll remain very sceptical until they reveal something that is would actually make the game unique. Like, unique for real. Not gimmicky bullshit like voice acting (most insignificant "feature" ever?) or rifts or whatever.
:iconmaddylol91:
Maddylol91 Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
I always dreamed that The Elder Scrolls would become online... I think I will play it night and day
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Professional Artist
Seriously though, I wouldn't get too excited about it until you get to try, say, an open beta. The game's just concepts until proven otherwise. And even then, I wouldn't expect it to play like the rest of the Elder Scrolls games.
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
playing an mmo invovles social interaction, so your good.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Artist
Oh for crying out loud -- that's a cinematic trailer. It's already been revealed that the actual game will pretty much be TOR but with dodging and blocking. They're even going to make the main quest be essentially SP like TOR.

Yes, it's a very pretty trailer, but like every CGI cinematic trailer -- none of that was game content. That's what they'll probably use as an intro-sequence. It has nothing pertaining really to the plot or what players will be doing, beyond a three-way faction system.
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student Digital Artist
The game will run like TOR? where did you find your sources? I'll like to read into that.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Artist
Game Informer. They had a cover story about it.

Also, Escapist, Kotaku, and PC Gamer. Escapist and PC Gamer are my preferred ones, but I blog on GIO.
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Ah, I'll look into it, thanks. I haven't been keeping up much deeply with what's going on, just glimpses.
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
OH DAMN I just made a thread about it and didn't even see this one.

SUper excited though!
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yes! So epic! I've already signed up for the beta-testing. But honestly, action-wise I doubt it'll look anything like the trailer. Elder Scrolls games (and Fallout) have pretty stiff and clunky animations, nowhere near as fluid as it should be to seem natural.
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Since ZeniMax is developing it, it will probably have the same physics engine.
My thoughts precisely and I don't know about you, but I always found their graphics never anything appealing. The only thing that wow'ed me in Skyrim was the Nighting Gale Armor (so awesome)
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yeah the visuals aren't anything special, pretty generic. But at least Fallout had some unique style to it. The Elder Scrolls series is kind of plain but hopefully the gameplay of ES Online will outweigh all that!
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yeah Fallout was probably more appealing because of the guns and the cool animations, which is what I liked. Skyrim was just like HERE SIR TAKE 20 MILES OF LAND, A SWORD AND GO WHERE YOU PLEASE lmao
Oh and for the record, topic is clearly sarcasm, just saying.
Minus the fact the game is coming out, I can't really take this game seriously only because it's Bethesda and they have no business in the mmo market IMO
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student General Artist
I have no interest in MMOs or multiplayer games at all

I am a hermit
Good! people stink, well some of them at least :P , but depends on the multiplayer though, I prefer to play with friends.
:iconzoltor:
Zoltor Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Um am I the only one whom thinks a MMO being developed by a company that has a rep for releasing the most bug ridden, half fast, contentless games ever made, is a bad idea?

MMOs need to be the exact opposite of the POS that company is known for releasing(content galore, not just maps, but content to fill the world as well, the fewest amount of bugs possibe, deffinitely no major bugs, and there needs to actually be depth to the gameplay).
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
No, considering all of the games they have released are great.
Zoltor Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
lol nice joke, what you really mean all their games are half fast, contentless, and the most bug ridden games ever made.
No, what I meant was they are great games, which they are.
Great games would be full with content, their games have a awesome concept, but are always unfinished.

A huge world is awesome, but you need to fill the world with content.

It's pretty damn clear there's no beta phase at all when they develop a game, they go from alpha, right to the shelf(none of the tons of added content that is usually added during a beta phase is in their games, just the bare min needed to test the main systems in the alpha phase, and their games have a unheard of amount of bugs/glitches, which again hints at there being no beta phase)
Their game is filled with content.
No They aren't, enemies don't have real drop tables, infact there are very few items in their games in general, for how huge the world map is, there aren't enough places in most of their games, for the size of the maps, char developement is super bare bones(is there any reason to gain levels at all lol), ect.

Basically they make these insanely huge maps, and not much aside/past from that.
That doesn't make the game bad, however. The maps are huge and detailed and there is a good amount of things to do.
(1 Reply)
IMO, they just need to cut off MMO's, it's a terrible investment and waste of time. Most of it being recycled garbage following footsteps off other MMO's. I haven't seen anyone execute "WoW" killer , not saying WoW is the best mmo but it certainly drawn a lot of players mainly because of it's consistency and huge player pool although it has been declining. One game I actually really had hopes for SWTOR...but how did Bioware, more so EA...go so wrong.
There are some epicly awesome MMOs(Atlantica online is a prime example, and It's a completely original MMO too), but if one thing can be said, just like the dime a dozens action games/FPS on console, tons of people don't care about quality, they'll play any POS just because a firend plays it/a certain company makes it(if It's overhyped, the odd are the masses will like a game, no matter how crappy it is).

Sigh unfortunely this leads to some of the worst games ever made being popular(WoW, and all the new school era FF games are complete POS, yet are popular just because a certain company made it).

Bioware, while still a much better company then Blizzard these days, was never actually a good comany to begin with(It's just compared to new school Blizzard, they are way better)
Wasn't Atlantica more of a turn base online game? I can't for the life of me remember but it's a familiar name.

I actually would welcome a FPS/RPG mmo game to be honest, but to execute one effectively..that's another story. Oh my god, don't get me started on Final Fantasy MMO's, seriously ..biggest disappointment in my opinion not even sure how they decided to make ANOTHER one, with better graphics with the same recycled garbage and making the same mistakes..TOTALLY beyond me.

Yeah but got to give it credit to Bioware's SWTOR, the story up from 1-50 were amazing, but as soon you reach end-game you're just like...DONE.

Have you tried Guildwars 2? because I haven't even surfaced on that...I played Rift, hated it, played Tera...typical korean grind fest, but interesting playstyle...but havent bothered with GW2
Indeed it is(and the multiplayer aspect is still way better then most MMOs lol), that's one of the aspects that makes is so unique.

However if you want to compare WoW to a simular type of game, that's easy, It's called Dungeons & Dragons Online, It's based off of the same original D & D online game that Blizzard ripped off of for WoW, the only differance is, Turbine masterfully executed pretty much everything they put in their game, that runs off the D&D format, not to mention it has the best/most complex 3D maps I have ever seen, ect(WoW uses most of the same systems as DDO, but they are all executed poorly, and it has the worst/most lazy 3D map design I have ever seen).

Seeing how everyone is stuck on the POS CoD format for FPS, I don't see that happening anytime soon. However there's Airrivals, which is a great dog fighting/RPG, and there's a new mech based MMO, but It's still in beta atm.

That's good, but having no end game stuff in a MMO, is a no no.

I'm interested due to the insane detail for char backround stories/cultures, and how much care/interaction they have for their playerbase(It's unheard of, and they have the best official site for a MMO I have ever seen), but I don't like games that are literally all about PvP(PvP is meant to be a added activity you can take part in, not basically the whole reason to play the game).
Imperf3ction Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Yeah....I felt MMO's never actually focus on a story or have a good lore behind it, I mean..maybe they should take an example from borderland but on a more advanced level.
Zoltor Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
No one really cares about story in MMOs, so It's not a big deal, but for the record, DDO is pretty heavy on tories(so if you want a good story, that's your go to option).
:iconhabla-babla:
habla-babla Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
It could be fun but I dunno. I'll hold judgement until we see a little more on it.
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Also, where's the fucking gameplay? If I wanted to watch a generic fantasy movie, I'd go and watch Lord of the Rings.
My thoughts exactly. I feel this is what some top gaming companies do now in days for advertisement. LOOK AT OUR CINEMATIC VIDEOS, THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE GOOD. I didn't mean to make the title sound like it was oh my god, can't wait, I thought the rogue was pretty badass but I am on point. I won't be impressed until I see footage and even then..it's an MMO.
It's an Elder scrolls game, so for all we know, there is no gameplay(just an open map, and your char, that's it, no enemies or really any content. It's no joke either sigh, that's what Oblivion basically was afterall).
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Oblivion had enemies but not much else besides what you just listed.
Ok, there are enemies, just no where near enough when compared to the size of the world/map.
:iconkarmageddin:
Karmageddin Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
It wasn't that the game lacked enemies ( I found there to be plenty when I played) it is that about the only thing there is to do in the game is fight enemies.
I guess you can find them if you want to, and yea sigh, that's really all there is to dc(to make matter worse, enemies never ever drop anything useful).
Indeed, I was just thinking...what can they possibly do with an MMO? they couldn't even get the single player under control with all the retarded freezes/glitches.
Yea It's bad, they are the last people you want making a MMO, aside from all the bugs/glitches, which are the worst in the industry, they have yet to even make a game that feels complete lol. Can you imagine them making a Massively Multyplayer Online game, that must start out as a complete game, and constantly be expanded upon?

Add that to all the bugs/glitched, It's a recipe for a drowning person waiting for the Titanic to save them lol.
I can't , that's why I am really sketchy they made this cinematic, which was a cool little movie but has little to do with what the game revolves around. WoW did the same shit, put in a huge buffed up orc and human in combat and then made pandas look cool in Cinematic . But when you go into the game, Humans look like they have down syndrome, Orcs still hunched back and have terrible anatomy, pandas...I can't even comment. They are risking their reputation with this MMO, but we can't say for sure until we see footage but making assumptions from their history, its safe to assume they are taking a risk....they should of just stick to their single players tbh.
Yea, and the sad thing is, It's the worst/most generic MMO ever made, which is odd, since MMOs with crappy graphics/just don't focus on graphics tend to have amazing gameplay(WoW all around sucks lol, the graphics are the least of that game's issues(A mini map system that is useless, no veriety in quests, in a quest driven game, the most generic enemies, no real drop tables for enemies, It's all generic crap, you need to buy skills, the maps are over sized, wide open/empty, and dull, ect).
:iconhappyduckcreator:
HappyDuckCreator Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Looks like the Elder Scrolls should retire already! :lol:
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
booooo
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Yeah, link and runs!

Honestly, it is going to suck and here's why:
-There are only two people in the world that can make a decent MMORPG that will last, neither of them are making this game.
-Skyrim sucked. Okay. It isn't that great of a game. It has too much stuff concentrated in one area while others are nearly there. In fact, most of the stuff is bare dry with the main storyline (and kind of the thieves guild) being well plump. The only main DLC, Dawnguard (haven't played Dragonborn since it isn't out for PC yet,) had to be plump by itself.
-The main thing that helped me with Skyrim was mods. And holy crap were there some good mods. There will be no mods on the MMO version that aren't just for visual sake (that and/or it will still suck due to hackers.)
Indeed, but I feel in general MMO's are going out in style, that's my opinion. I am going to assume one out of two companies who can make a decent mmo would be Blizzard. But honestly, I feel mmo's are too repetitive, not a whole lot of individuality to embrace upon. SURE LET'S SET UP RAIDS AND WASTE 5 NIGHTS A WEEK TAKING CONTENT DOWN!, totally legit right? I mean..I used to be a hardcore mmo player...now I just look back and go..why?

Skyrim felt more of an addiction than enjoyable. Granted yes, I spend 2 weeks on it non stop but only because the game is so massive and the sidequest were interesting. Such as Thieves guild, Dark Brotherhood and those other guys who could turn into Werewolves. I feel they didn't really give it a good plot because they want you to make your own "adventure"

You're fortunate, as much as I despise PC gaming now , it's the only benefit they have over console, well..considering better graphics too..but the modding just makes everything cooler.
Really then? That's great for you , But you didn't post a topic, I did so I am not sure why you're addressing what you do , once again irrelevant, you seem to be good at that.

Secondly, there's ton of topics here in this board that do not pertain to an intellectual discussion and have basic broad subject matters to them. Why not comment on them? You're making excuses for yourself and mainly going off by your pet peeves than complaining you have an issue with the subject.

Well applaud, now are you going to continue to misbehave like a child, going off topic and making something small into a big issue? perhaps you should calm down there for a bit, I sense a great deal of hostility, I mean once again there is a help with life and complaint section. You might want to try there. You're in the wrong section bud ^__^
Add a Comment: