Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 22

Pokemon Red Nuzlocke Challenge!

:icontraptin3days:
traptin3days Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
So I am doing a Nuzlocke run on youtube and well... I like it! It makes the game feel more challenging for once.

Is there someone else here who've made a Nuzlocke run? How did it go? Please share your stories about adventure, love and despair :D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrisesatspring:
risesatspring Featured By Owner Feb 24, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If I do, it'll have to be on pokemon blue or something, not gonna let the chances of missing a shiny pokemon go out the window.*Drat, I wonder where I put that system...*
:iconcrimzonlogic:
CrimzonLogic Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Student General Artist
I've played a few nuzlocke runs. The first one was in Emerald version, but I ended up not finishing it because I caught the same pokemon I always use, and I got bored with them... I gave the game to my brother.
Second run was Soul silver, and I got through the Pokemon league having only lost one member of my team. Then I sold the game to help pay for my Black 2 version, so I didn't finish the Kanto portion. I guess that doesn't count as "beating the game".

My third nuzlocke was Black 2, and that was pretty successful. I got all the way through the game without losing a single member of my party, and then in the final battle against the Champion I lost five members of my team and barely won the battle with my chandelure. I wasn't expecting the champion to be Iris with a bunch of powerful dragons. I was expecting it to be Alder with his volcarona and accelgor and whatnot. I was prepared for those, not the dragons. I also forgot that hydreigon was so fast. It ripped half my team apart. :stare:
:iconmagnifulouschicken:
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
These are fun. I've Nuzlocked a bunch of the games...Yellow (completed, used Pikachu and IT SURVIVED WTF), Emerald (completed, sorta. Just have Steven left), Platinum (completed. Battle with Volkner was tragic. He killed like half my team), HeartGold (attempted twice to finish it, failed, trying again now), and White (failed in the battle with Ghetsis, just kind of derping now).

I can't even play the games normally now, I like the challenge of it. I don't really do comics or anything of it because I draw really slow haha XD.
And since I'm also a Hetalia fan, I like to name them after Hetalia characters.
traptin3days Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Oh sounds fun! Can't wait to see how my Red nuzlocke ends x)

I suck at drawing too, so I record me playing and uploads it on youtube. You could do that as well :)
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It certainly makes the game more challenging. I have yet to complete a challenge in Johto...working on that now XD. How far are you in your Red challenge?
traptin3days Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Hmm yeah I remember it's quite frustrating to level up in Johto :o
I just got to Celadon in my latest episode :) [link]
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I find Kanto more frustrating in HeartGold/ Soulsilver, because of the level hike in the gyms. I just lost half my team XD

Ah! Cool, bookmarked it
:icondomnuwyrda:
DomnuWyrda Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I had a good run going on Platinum, very few members died.

THEN THERE WAS LUCIAN.
:iconlucianplz:

Oh God...it was so fast...I thought that Weavile would outspeed it...my heart shot down into my stomach as they fell, one after the other...it was a massacre...oh horror of horrors...Leo...Leo...
:iconcupcakedogplz:

:iconweavileplz: RIP Bowlaynee
:iconinfernapeplz: RIP Leo
:iconstaraptorplz: RIP Roger
:icongarchompplz: RIP Inalkil
:iconfloatzelplz: RIP (can't remember name) :'(
:iconroseradeplz: RIP Winona
:iconpachirisuplz: RIP Arthur (death by rival's Empoleon like a boss)
:iconpsyduckplz: RIP Gwendolyn
:icongyaradosplz: RIP Ryu (death by Goldeen Horn Drill WHAT :stare: )
:iconsteelixplz: RIP Dievka
traptin3days Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Aww man what a brutal massacre! I shed a tear for your dead friends :(

I encountered a Slowpoke some days ago. Thought it was chill 'cause I thought I had bought potions. Turns out I bought Poke Balls instead...
:icondomnuwyrda:
DomnuWyrda Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:iconcupcakedogplz:
I will forever see that fatal Focus Blast hitting a 4x weakness...damn that Alakazam...DAMN HIM!

At least Arthur went out like a boss. Losing Ryu to a fecking Goldeen was a shameful death for the sea dragon that single-handedly won me the Relic Badge.
Add a Comment: