Want to record my gaming with computer came and emulator

So I can put them on youtube, but not sure how to go about it.

I tried Camstudio or StudioCam whatever its called, and its worthless to me. Is there anything else I could try?
Comments24
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I suggest OBS. It does both streaming, file output, is entirely free, & open source.

Since you're also emulating, I hope you have the CPU to handle both emulation and recording.

Another is DxTory, it doesn't record desktop and it only records the game, & its not free. If you have any overlays, or whatever, or if you tab out, people would still only see the screen; same goes for OBS depending on the setting.
Thanks for that. OBS sounds promising. I should look into that.

My computer is pretty new so its pretty strong that ways, I believe I should have the CPU to handle both of them.
people would only see the game's screen*
Fraps is free in 30 second intervals. You can't record over 30 seconds with the free version.
Just figured that out, so Ill have to get rid of that one.
Let's see here...

GameCam isn't bad, but you need a computer that is well overpowered for the game and if you don't pay, then they put a watermark and restriction on file format.

There's also Adobe Flash Media Recorder, which is completely free, but you have to do something a bit hackish to get it to record your monitor as it is meant for recording cameras. Supposibly it is one of the better ways since you can get a very high quality video (1080p at 60hz with a high 22k sample rate) if you have the power.
hmmm as I don't have money cant used GameCam.

I might try Flash Media Recorder if nothing else works. But my hacking skills aren't that good.
I might if it works and is free
It does work and it is free* :iconteheplz:

*Although the free version only allows you to take like 30 seconds of video or something like that.
I can't seem to see how to activate it to make movies. Do I just power up Fraps and then start playing the game?
Some emulators have in built recording features.
I did try that, but then it crashed on me.
As far as I know? Not really, sorry.
Hypercam for game and audacity for your voice.
I will check it out. Or I am trying to but I can not see how to activate it so it starts taking the video.