Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Seeking partner for 2 man dream team

:iconlancer611:
lancer611 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
I am a programmer, and I can code up *anything*. If I haven't done it yet, I can learn to do it quickly. I do desktop programming, embedded programming, mobile programming, and server-side programming. I am gifted in the areas of logic, problem-solving, complex math, and physics. My employer pays me a premium salary (for my age) for the work I do.

All that being said, while my job is very satisfying, it is not often *fun*. I have picked up a hobby of game programming to fill that need. My main problem now is that I am extremely lacking in artistic ability. Sure, I can code up anything, but w/o good art it will look like crap - and therefore not be any fun to make or play.

Now I come to the purpose of my post: I need a partner to fill everything that I cannot do. Ideally I would like to find a person that can do everything in both the 2D and 3D pipelines. I'm not looking for an expert in everything, just someone that can handle everything that I can't do. I'm not even looking for someone with the best quality art, just good enough to make a decent looking game.

I want just a single partner because I am tired of trying to find so many people, and then have to depend on all of them sticking with it. I want a single person that I can depend on - that way everything stays simple.

I should mention that this is only a part-time thing for me. I have a full-time job, a family, and a house. I probably average about 5-8 hours a week on this hobby. Consequently, I need someone that can average about the same amount of time or more, working on w/e we decide to work on.

I know that this is asking a lot, and I likely won't find what I'm looking for in a single person, but I figured it was worth a shot.

I have already released a game that I was paid to make: [link]. This game took me less than a month, working part-time.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Artist
You may want to check your ModDB profile's PM box.
:iconlancer611:
lancer611 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Ah, I was looking for the right place to put this, but I guess I just missed it somehow (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the over abundance of forums xd). Can an admin or moderator please move this to the correct place?

On topic, do you do 3d animation?
:iconlegendarysuperman:
LegendarySuperman Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, first of all, this thread should actually be in the Projects forum, because it's a project. The Gaming forum is for discussing actual games, not ones that you're just showcasing and whatnot.

That being said, I'm a game designer, and I'm always looking for portfolio work. However, I have the opposite problem: I have great ideas, lots of motivation and ambition, as well as artistic talent, but my programming skills are severely lacking. I have been able to program a lot for a game I'm working on now, but I'm definitely interested in being able to do some artwork for a game.

If you want to talk more, send me a note, we can exchange emails or something like that :shrug:
Add a Comment: