Best Pokemon game?

X and Y seems pretty cool... I think I like diamond and pearl the most >.> the starter Pokemon are starting to look somewhat retarded lol (I'm looking at you Pokemon white)
Comments113
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Definitely Platinum, Emerald, and HeartGold.
My first Pokemon game was Diamond, so Gen 4. will always give me all that nostalgia of my elementary school years.
My favourite pokemon game is Emerald!! Then LeafGreen then Soul Silver then White. I played Crystal before but I liked SS/HG more, and Yellow was just so unplayable.. Anyways can't wait for the 6th gen!!
Red/Blue/Yellow...What else could it possibly be?
thi sis a series which doesn't really have a best game. its subject to what you grew up with or what title you jumped into first.

for me i grew up with yellow blue and red. so id have to say leaf green and fire red are the best game. i like a great amount of the pokemon in that game. however gold and silver on the game boy would be a good second choice.

for me i found each game got gradually worse and there were less and less pokemon which were likeable. so if history has taught me anything x and y wont be any different.
Emerald or Platinum.
Gen five started out as not-too-great-but-okay, but then Black 2 brought the most enjoyment I've ever gotten out of a pokemon game. And they made breeding and training good pokemon a bit easier. It made it easier to breed the right nature onto pokemon with everstone, and I can get them up to level 100 easily with the level-up features in the Join Avenue shops. Before, I had only a team of six level 100 pokemon per game because training and breeding good ones was a pain in the butt and took too long. Now I have an entire pc box full of level 100 pokmon in black 2. They actually put in a good incentive to complete the pokedex in B&W2(the shining charm). I love that they gave a lot of pokemon great new hidden abilities. I learned to use the berry patch on the dreamworld website to grow custap and micle berries and sell them for 30,000 each in my game. I'm very rich in-game. Very rich. >: D In older pokemon games, there isn't such an easy and quick way to make that much money. Plus the story/adventure/whatever part of the game actually was a little interesting. So I have to go with Black and White 2 as the best games.
Oh man, this game has sponged up so many of my hours. So many...

I'm expecting a lot of good features to show up in gen six. Maybe something as handy as join avenue. I will be very disappointed if they don't bring in anything good.
FireRed/Leaf-green, Ruby and Black/White. :D
Black and white 2.
I enjoy Pokemon B&W 2
The remakes of the first generation. Fire Red and Leaf Green version are the best in my eyes.
Between emerald or gold.
The best is Emerald, maybe tied with Crystal. My favorites were Sapphire, Crystal, and Red.
:iconbitchpleaseplz: Bitch please, Red/Blue forever.
Honestly I do like Black. Can you believe someone smashed my face into a wall for saying that once?
After that it's the old Red game.
I think the reason I liked Gen 5 was because I liked the designs much better than Gen 4 (I HATED that generation...)
For me Pokemon Red it is first pokemon game i ever played and enjoyed :)
Emerald is my favorite, hands down. Even though I played Red/Blue as a kid, I took a hiatus from that and started back up again with the Hoenn region. Since I didn't remember much about Red and Blue, Emerald became my "first" game. That's not the ONLY reason though lol. I just love the map, and the music, and the plot, and the Pokemon :D
Honestly, I have reasons why every region is amazing.
I caught two shinies in Platinum!..One of which was a Magikarp...:I
I'm anxious to see the rest of the dex for Gen 6, hopefully it'll be amazing!
I rather liked Black and White, and even liked the starters. I do have to admit that there were some *ahem* poor design choices, but there always seem to be some pretty stupid 'mons in each one.
Who plays a handheld game for the story? Better yet, who plays POKEMON for the story? The story could be written by Jesus Christ and star Leonardo DiCaprio but if the pokemon sucks then the game sucks.
old skool Pokemon red and blue never die
Most people will opt for the earlier games, but I'll have to say Back and White was my favorite, just because the story had more impact and you even had more to do after defeating the elite 4 and champion.
:damphyr: :bulletpink: Pokemon Emerald and Platnium :3
HeartGold and SoulSilver. There's tons of stuff to do, Johto is my favorite region, and I love that your Pokemon follow you around. :D AWESOME remakes
Dragon Quest 5.

Why did I post this? Only about 4 people will get the reference.
Original Gold Silver and Crystal. After that, the designs of the pokemon start going downhill faster than a fat man taking the Black Diamond on broken skis...