Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 112

Best Pokemon game?

:iconkyorukki:
Kyorukki Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
X and Y seems pretty cool... I think I like diamond and pearl the most >.> the starter Pokemon are starting to look somewhat retarded lol (I'm looking at you Pokemon white)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmidnightvalor:
MidnightValor Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Definitely Platinum, Emerald, and HeartGold.
My first Pokemon game was Diamond, so Gen 4. will always give me all that nostalgia of my elementary school years.
:iconawesum74:
Awesum74 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist
My favourite pokemon game is Emerald!! Then LeafGreen then Soul Silver then White. I played Crystal before but I liked SS/HG more, and Yellow was just so unplayable.. Anyways can't wait for the 6th gen!!
:iconmarioluigi96:
MarioLuigi96 Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013
Red/Blue/Yellow...What else could it possibly be?
:iconscorpafied:
scorpafied Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
thi sis a series which doesn't really have a best game. its subject to what you grew up with or what title you jumped into first.

for me i grew up with yellow blue and red. so id have to say leaf green and fire red are the best game. i like a great amount of the pokemon in that game. however gold and silver on the game boy would be a good second choice.

for me i found each game got gradually worse and there were less and less pokemon which were likeable. so if history has taught me anything x and y wont be any different.
:iconfezcow:
FezCow Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Emerald or Platinum.
:iconcrimzonlogic:
CrimzonLogic Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Student General Artist
Gen five started out as not-too-great-but-okay, but then Black 2 brought the most enjoyment I've ever gotten out of a pokemon game. And they made breeding and training good pokemon a bit easier. It made it easier to breed the right nature onto pokemon with everstone, and I can get them up to level 100 easily with the level-up features in the Join Avenue shops. Before, I had only a team of six level 100 pokemon per game because training and breeding good ones was a pain in the butt and took too long. Now I have an entire pc box full of level 100 pokmon in black 2. They actually put in a good incentive to complete the pokedex in B&W2(the shining charm). I love that they gave a lot of pokemon great new hidden abilities. I learned to use the berry patch on the dreamworld website to grow custap and micle berries and sell them for 30,000 each in my game. I'm very rich in-game. Very rich. >: D In older pokemon games, there isn't such an easy and quick way to make that much money. Plus the story/adventure/whatever part of the game actually was a little interesting. So I have to go with Black and White 2 as the best games.
Oh man, this game has sponged up so many of my hours. So many...

I'm expecting a lot of good features to show up in gen six. Maybe something as handy as join avenue. I will be very disappointed if they don't bring in anything good.
:iconkakashi95fan:
Kakashi95fan Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
FireRed/Leaf-green, Ruby and Black/White. :D
:icongamemaster007:
Gamemaster007 Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013
Black and white 2.
:icondigitalpear:
DigitalPear Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist Filmographer
I enjoy Pokemon B&W 2
:iconfanoflions:
FanofLions Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The remakes of the first generation. Fire Red and Leaf Green version are the best in my eyes.
:icongohanluvvidel:
GohanLuvVidel Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Between emerald or gold.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
The best is Emerald, maybe tied with Crystal. My favorites were Sapphire, Crystal, and Red.
:iconcorvalian:
Corvalian Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
:iconbitchpleaseplz: Bitch please, Red/Blue forever.
:iconchurromagic:
churromagic Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Honestly I do like Black. Can you believe someone smashed my face into a wall for saying that once?
After that it's the old Red game.
I think the reason I liked Gen 5 was because I liked the designs much better than Gen 4 (I HATED that generation...)
:icondrakhtul:
Drakhtul Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Interface Designer
For me Pokemon Red it is first pokemon game i ever played and enjoyed :)
:iconsweeney-todd-warrior:
sweeney-todd-warrior Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Emerald is my favorite, hands down. Even though I played Red/Blue as a kid, I took a hiatus from that and started back up again with the Hoenn region. Since I didn't remember much about Red and Blue, Emerald became my "first" game. That's not the ONLY reason though lol. I just love the map, and the music, and the plot, and the Pokemon :D
Honestly, I have reasons why every region is amazing.
I caught two shinies in Platinum!..One of which was a Magikarp...:I
I'm anxious to see the rest of the dex for Gen 6, hopefully it'll be amazing!
:iconsallysfunnykiss:
SallysFunnyKiss Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I rather liked Black and White, and even liked the starters. I do have to admit that there were some *ahem* poor design choices, but there always seem to be some pretty stupid 'mons in each one.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013
Who plays a handheld game for the story? Better yet, who plays POKEMON for the story? The story could be written by Jesus Christ and star Leonardo DiCaprio but if the pokemon sucks then the game sucks.
:iconxtrememilesprower:
xtrememilesprower Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
old skool Pokemon red and blue never die
:iconkrona:
Krona Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Most people will opt for the earlier games, but I'll have to say Back and White was my favorite, just because the story had more impact and you even had more to do after defeating the elite 4 and champion.
:iconmonstrocker:
Monstrocker Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:damphyr: :bulletpink: Pokemon Emerald and Platnium :3
:iconmagnifulouschicken:
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
HeartGold and SoulSilver. There's tons of stuff to do, Johto is my favorite region, and I love that your Pokemon follow you around. :D AWESOME remakes
:iconelirox904:
EliroX904 Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Dragon Quest 5.

Why did I post this? Only about 4 people will get the reference.
:iconmonkeydanceguy:
MonkeydanceGuy Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Original Gold Silver and Crystal. After that, the designs of the pokemon start going downhill faster than a fat man taking the Black Diamond on broken skis...
:iconscorpafied:
scorpafied Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013
all i can say to that comment is...ahhh hahahaha. funny and true. nice work.
:iconmeowchi75:
meowchi75 Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
my personal favorite is Black and White. I think, compared to the previous games, the characters seem more interesting to me. I know people complain about the new pokemon, but I beleive that each generation has their strenghts and weaknesses.
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Student General Artist
Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Crystal, and The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series are the best. :nod:
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
All the third gen stuff is at the top of my favorites list, including the Gamecube games.
:iconblackrabbit98:
Blackrabbit98 Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
i stopped playing after pokemon stadium 2, but pokemon silver and gold were AMAZING

breeding
day and night
can trade from older games
items
can go back and play in kanto
mysterious gifts

SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!
:icontruesoprano:
TrueSoprano Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
HeartGold and SoulSilver are the best in my opinion. They took one of my favorite childhood games, made them so much better, and let your Pokemon follow you around. Emerald is a close second. I really want a remake of Emerald for the 3DS with X/Y graphics.
:iconmasterimpsy:
MasterImpsy Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I personally love the 4th generation games but mainl cause of the mechinces they brought into the game.

But, I guess my favorite so far is Pokemon White 2. (I dunno, I love all the current Pokemon)
Kyorukki Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
What do u think x and y will be like
:iconmasterimpsy:
MasterImpsy Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't really have any ideas. I'm waiting until they release a bit more data on the games. I can't wait to play them though.
:iconmidnightvalor:
MidnightValor Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I guess Platinum and HeartGold were my favorites.
I'm currently playing Red. ^^
The fifth generation honestly makes me want to cry. -_-
:icontheleetcasualgamer:
TheLeetCasualGamer Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think I agree with the few fans that think like this.

It's just way too hard to pick which game is the best, they all just have so many perks on each of them that makes them so fun to play and always gives something new to look forward to. It's like choosing between nacho cheese or fresh salsa, you just want them both for different reasons.

If I really had to though, Pokemon Black. It had a mixture of both Japanese and American elements and the blend feels very nice. Also, the story actually felt pretty well made for a Pokemon game while giving some pretty memorable scenes and locations. Great music and pretty fun game-play and also has my favorite Pokemon roster.

For spin-offs, I would say Pokemon Mystery dungeon Explorers of Sky. Great characters, great story, amazing music, very immersive, and overall, enjoyable gameplay
Definitely true
Though the different elements would appeal more to certain people
:iconexmortalis:
Exmortalis Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
My favorite is a tie between Emerald (the first Pokemon game I ever owned and played, still have it!), and Soul Silver. c:
:iconkersnuffle:
kersnuffle Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
I love the black and white (not the 2nd versions though). Although, I agree with you that the starter pokemon aren't the best. They are the only versions where I didn't keep my starter in my party.

I do really love the original red version too, but that might be because it was my first ever gameboy game.
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
I'm currently playing Pokemon Ruby, and it's a blast. The 3rd gen. pokemon designs are actually better than I remember, surprisingly. It's just a really easy game to pick up and play.
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The HeartGold/SoulSilver remakes were probably my favourite games. They have good pixel quality, an enormous post-gym storyline, and the awesome feature of walking with your Pokemon

I also liked Yellow though, and the Mystery Dungeons were pretty good
Kyorukki Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Dungeon was good... Until u actually finished everything ;~;
Then it turned super boring
It was epic while it lasted
Operia Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, after Darkrai it sort of loses its value in terms of game play.
Kyorukki Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
I spent ages waiting for something to happen but it didn't T^T
The characters were fun though :)
Bidoof!
Operia Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes, Bidoof! He was so cute :love:
I also liked Manaphy
Same