Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

The Walking Dead Game; Flaws, Spoilers, Choices, Sadness, and Pure Awesomeness.

:iconbad-chop-suey:
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
So I just beat the game, and I loved it.

Do did you enjoy it??

And did you tell Clementine to shoot you or walk away at the end?? Personally I did not let her shoot me.

I ordinarily do not complain about flaws, but some were just too obvious.
1. Ladders can withstand vertical weight but NOT horizontal weight.
2. Blow torches must be ignited. In the game he just turned on the gas and started burning.
3. The train track would have been crushed from the gas truck.
4. (I am having trouble remembering this one.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Professional Artist
I enjoyed it. I let her shoot me -- as horrible a thing as it was, she needed to be prepared to do what she'd need to in order to survive the long road ahead.

My main issue was lack of variance in playthroughs beyond context. I've worked in games as a game writer -- I can tell you right now that there were many cheap and effective means of providing a more branching narrative. Carley/Doug could have survived instead of Ben (in fact, even if that had been the only way it played out, it would still be better. It would color the relationship between Carley/Doug and Lee far moreso than it does with Ben). Katjaa should have possibly survived instead of Kenny. They should have included Mark and the military base as the second episode, and just had six episodes (I still have suspicions that this may have been the original plan). It also would have been better to not ham-fist the antagonist in during the last two episodes. Deus Ex Machina moments are getting more common place in games (Deus Ex and Mass Effect both have fallen on this crutch), but it practically breaks logic with TWD. There's just too much "just because" used to explain the narrative.

I could go on, but I'm not going to waste your time with a rant. I loved TWD, and plan on getting Season 2, but... I really think they dropped the ball in some places. It's not my 2012 GOTY, as a result. That award, for me at least, went to Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers.
:iconchooone:
Chooone Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Didn't play the game but watched a walkthrough and I really like it :D
Can't wait to see the next season.

And I still can't get over the fact that Molly was able to grab the car battery easily :stare:
I can't even hold one for 5 secs.
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
Just like how characters always lift manhole covers like they are made of feathers.
:iconkarehn:
Karehn Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, it's pretty cool.

I picked shoot, but in hindsight, that was probably really traumatizing for her. :( At the time, I was just thinking about how horrible it would be for Lee to die alone slowly and painfully, then reanimate as a monster, but that probably was not good for Clementine. I don't think she would want Lee to become a zombie, though.

Out of curiosity, did you side more with Kenny or Lilly?
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
I sided with Lily. Did you kill her dad??
:iconkarehn:
Karehn Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I played twice just to see all the different reactions - first time, I sided with Kenny most of the time, but I didn't help kill Larry since I knew it could only make things worse. Second time, I tried being a bit nicer to Larry and Lilly just to see if she's less of a bitch if you're nicer to her, and of course I didn't kill him then either.
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
2. Sometimes things need to be sped up.
Also, some torches have clickers that spark.

I don't know if I want to play this game, I really like the zombies in Call of Duty
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
This is not a typical game. You only get to kill a few zombies, it is all about story.

And yes some torches have sparks, so perhaps I should stop whining.
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I do not think you're whining. The Walking Dead universe is similar to ours, but maybe just a tad behind. I do not recall seeing any tablets or smart phones in the televised series and I dropped the comic after like 30 issues because it got hella boring.
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
It is also missing DNA. Have you seen the amount of blood that they get splattered in their mouths and eyes?? Surely they would have been infected already.
Add a Comment: