Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Tiberian Sun

:iconplasticusforkus:

Does anyone occasionally still play it?

I recently reinstalled it on my netbook and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's flaws aren't insurmountable, and it's got some of the unadulterated fun-factor that I'm finding is missing in new games.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmx-chronos:
mx-chronos Jan 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I have my original TS disks as well as the Decade collection I picked up dirt cheap a few years ago, but I don't think I've ever gone back to it. I don't know why, I grew up more with the original C&C and Red Alert, and I've gone back to those much more frequently. Tiberian Sun was actually probably the last C&C game I really got into, I guess it's where I kind of lost interest in the series. It was definitely a good game, I liked the building upgrade and unit leveling systems it introduced, but the story was starting to drag by that point and the series was too fractured. I thought TS was too serious and RA2 went too far the other direction and was just silly. So I liked it well enough for its time but I don't have the same desire to revisit it, it just never caught my interest the way those earlier titles had.
I played C&C and RA after Tiberian Sun, so I never really got into them as much. TS has that nostalgic bit for me as well.
:iconshothevipa:
I load it up from time to time, but mostly play Red Alert 2 when I want some C&C. Tiberian Sun is still fun to play though.
:iconno-pretext:
Sadly the disc I had it on politely shit itself to death... loved that game.
:iconjimfield:
JimField Jan 17, 2013
Love it, then again I love the whole C&C series.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Jan 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I'd be willing to bet that you are the only person ever who has played that game.

I bet you made it! Haaa, your advertising scheme won't work on this guy!
I have a strong suspicion that you were barely out of nappies when TS was released.
:iconsuperpika237:
superpika237 Jan 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Probably.
Add a Comment: