Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 47

Online Gaming Stream?

:iconpurplemoonfang:
PurpleMoonFang Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hey, gays! I need some help. For those of you familiar with PewDiePie on YouTube, you know that you can stream while playing games online. Well, I've wanted to do this for sometime now, but have no idea what software to use. I would use LiveStream, but the procaster always crashes when I try to use it. Is there any other programs that I can use? I'd prefer to only use my voice, but if there's one with a video feed, I'll just wear my wolf mask.

Also, what kind of games do you gays think are funny to watch others play? Plz suggest some and if possible, give me the links for downloading them. I NEED FREE GAMES! At least for now.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconflaming-twinkle-toes:
Flaming-Twinkle-Toes Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Pewds uses Fraps, although it didn't work somehow on my iMac. I've seen amnesia, multiple versions of Slender, and something new that I've played is SlendyTubbies. It's fun and scary as hell, but it's better. I've seen as a kid, and slowly lost interest until now. You have to collect the 10 vineyards in either day, evening, or nite. That's all I'm saying :)
If you know of any free kindle fire games that I could get that'd b great :) I couldn't find amnesia or happy wheels, and slender and minecraft cost money, so I'm stuck
Hope this helps :)
PurpleMoonFang Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
thx so so soooo much for the great info!!! im sry for the late response
:iconflaming-twinkle-toes:
Flaming-Twinkle-Toes Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
its ok
and sorry for the random words like vineyard :P i meant tubbycustard, my kindle is sooo stupid
:iconbodyexper:
bodyexper Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Online gaming is a very good for those who like challenges and wants more challenges and more hard work.

PurpleMoonFang Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
lolz. ikr?! but srsly, i be strange dat way
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I recommend OBS since it's given me the best visual and audio quality and performance for streaming over a local recording soft + Xsplit. Last I've used, Xsplit requires registration and places a quality and framerate limit for unregistered uses. OBS is open source, free, and has no restriction.
[link]

For streaming, you still need a good upload speed, CPU, and GPU to handle both the game and video capture. Also twitch.tv is more appropriate for gaming related streams.

Also when you're streaming you can decide whether or not to capture webcam/mic.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Artist
Ah... this'll help me out as well. TY
thx
If you haven't tried yet.

OBS can directly capture from the game, you don't need to run a local recording software to run along side. Same goes for Xsplit, but that's a function available when registered.
oh cool! thx. thats even better =3=
:iconthelamadude:
TheLamadude Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Filmographer
More often than not, I watch a gaming livestream for the person who's doing it, not for the game they're playing... I prefer hanging out with a cool person whilst they play games rather than playing games with someone in the background saying 'haha he fell lol'
For example, have you heard of Game Grumps? I only watch that because I'm a huge Egoraptor/JonTron fan.

Sorry for not being particularly helpful :/
actually, that IS helpful! i want to know what people think so i appreciate your honesty =3= i watch pewdiepie for that reason too
Who, me? Aw, shucks :3 Glad I could help :)
:iconsydny01:
sydny01 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Guys.......Mini Clip's games are the best and 8 ball pool multi player is the most online played game ever.

Flight Simulator Sydney

Sydney Flight Simulator
Ssssh, troll.
guys*

Warframe. Warframe is good.
ooh ok! and lolz. oops >w<
It also only has 1 map set that's scrambled through playthroughs, and it's missions really get repetitive.
Three different factions.

Rescue missions, sabotage missions, defense missions, and extermination missions.

There is no "one map". One similar environment, yes, but it's still in beta. The variety between levels is staggering when taken into account. Some levels have constant drops, others are multi-height with tons of elevators, and others are vast branching paths that can lead to additional loot.

The gameplay is far more fresh and promising than other games. Mixing TPS, RPG, and action/rpg

Boss fights are getting revamped -- Jackal is now a hotspot for people looking to fight a unique boss.

Branching progression paths both in leveling up and how you approach missions

Solo or co-op.

I also find it funny you claim it's repetitive, but state Serious Sam as one of your favorite games of all time. You're telling me that doesn't rehash its concepts more than once?

I've played a lot of games in my day, and Warframe is one of the most promising F2P games out there. If it's not your cup of tea, fine -- but don't try to make it sound like a one trick pony. It is not, and it's progressively getting better and better with every update.
From I recall. The faction played is Tenno. There's 3 classes available at the start, Excal, Volt, Loki.

It is still 1 set of map assets randomly patched together but extremely noticeable. Currently, the gameplay has both plain shooting and RPG.

Don't put words in my mouth.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Artist
There's the Tenno, yes. And you fight an infection lifeform, Grineer heavily armored warrriors, and android focused/star trek style armed Corpus.

You can choose those three at start. There however are far more after that, and you get a good selection start from. After Volt, Loki, and Excal, you can choose to buy/craft: Trinity (healer/buffs), Ash (Stealth), Ember (Crowd Control/Fire), Rhino (Tank/Damage Dealer), and Mag (magnetism) -- in addition to the two warframes you pass at first.

You realize Minecraft's levels run on the exact same principles? Every level is just a bunch of preset molds mixed together. Every cavern in Minecraft is just as equally copied, and yet no one seems to have a problem with that, and they have about as much variety.

I won't deny that the shooting can be a bit basic when in a regular encounter at the start, but when you have a team (or even moreso when solo) and dealing with the harder levels, it is far from "plain". I've had more adrenaline rushes nearly dying at the hands of two squads worth of enemies flanking me than I've ever gotten from most action games.

I merely answered your criticism, I did not put words in your mouth. If it sounded like that, I apologize. My points still stand, though.
hydris Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Didn't play Minecraft extensively, only while visiting friends.

The case with Warframe maps, branches and multi-levels, they can have that, but there's constantly a waypoint directing the player where to go, there's multiple paths, but the game keeps saying which one to pick or where to go. Sometimes these paths/dead ends yield just loot my partner and I have enough of already (credits, spheres, ammo).
Minecraft is a moddable sandbox game if I'm not mistaken, where the player doesn't necessarily fulfill objectives like in Warframe.
Currently the mission types that stand out are Defense and Rescue, while Extermination, Assassination, Sabotage, Capture play very similarly (get to location directed to, and attack this target).
I play with a partner. We've cleared 3 systems entirely, and it feels monotonous at this point.

The post was intended as a comment, I'd direct criticism to the game forums;
I did not put words in your mouth. If it sounded like that, I apologize.
What I was referring to: You're telling me that doesn't rehash its [Serious Sam 3's] concepts more than once?
But I apologize too if I sounded as if I were jabbing at one of your current favorites too with the initial post.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Artist
Minecraft does pretty much have a basic set of objectives, just a variety of ways to accomplish them. You make a home, you mine, you craft, you gather food, and you survive. In Creative, you build shit that serves no purpose beyond amusement. Adventure is a new mode coming, which is a more difficult variant, but not as difficult as Hardcore, and with a different set of rules.

Extermination is pretty much just Defense turned on its head -- they're otherwise the same idea. Capture functions a good bit like Rescue also.

I've also cleared about three systems, and I'm still not bored. I genuinely prefer the aesthetics of play in Warframe in comparison to several other AAA third person games that I'm sure I'd catch hell from fanboys for not loving.

Yes, the objective pointer tells you where to go, but that's like a quest marker in any RPG. The fun is in deviating or finding a new route to the objective rather than what's intended. Even old school FPS games with sprawling levels had to eventually have a route that led to success.

...I still don't see how that's putting words in your mouth -- the fact is, Serious Sam has been known for being a bit repetitive and unchanging. I'm not saying it's bad, but it seemed a tad bit ironic.

It's fine, I'm frankly used to it at this point.
hydris Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
...I still don't see how that's putting words in your mouth -- the fact is, Serious Sam has been known for being a bit repetitive and unchanging. I'm not saying it's bad, but it seemed a tad bit ironic.

You don't?

What are you trying to do with that [those] post? I've played Warframe, and as stated before; I'm very bored with the game, you're not convincing otherwise.
(1 Reply)
:iconseven-fates:
Seven-Fates Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I'd be curious to hear your computer's specs if you the Livestream for Producers broadcast application is crashing.
here's my pc info: [link] I hope you can help me =3=
:iconseven-fates:
Seven-Fates Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Unfortunately, that doesn't tell me nearly as much as I like, except for your windows product code. Maybe hide that?

Chances are it might have to do with the low amount of RAM you have available.
oh. how do i get more ram? theres not much stuff i can delete.
:iconfrozenglyph:
Frozenglyph Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
adding: RAM is different from hard drive memory which people still seem to mix.
oh. do i need to buy anything or can i download something or what? idk anything about this.
Frozenglyph Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
like i said in the other posts: You need to buy them, they are piece of electronics you place inside your computer. However they are dependent on what chipset your computer has. Since you said that you don't have clue so this could be tough to understand.
1. If you have laptop, you can't do much. A gamer laptop costs roughly 1000+€ which many youtubers have as secondary PC and they have this slot under it where you can place LAPTOP RAM CHIP. A PC tower they have is usually self-made or they got parts and they used shop to assemble it.

2. Playing games WITHOUT LAG reguires more than 3GB of ram, if you have xplit or some other livestream program running while playing chances are that your game is a slideshow based on your specs (i saw the link)

So yeah, i don't do youtube stuff but i know what they require. You need a decent microphone for keeping sound quality better than cellphone noise. Nearly very youtuber has 1k-6k PC because it's required for video rendering. Etc..
okie-doke. that makes sense. thx bro =w=
Frozenglyph Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ram are these memory chipset pieces [link] that you place in the motherboard slots. However, if you have laptop then you can't do that. "Gaming laptops" cost roughly about same as gaming tower and those have 8gb+ memory. (Laptops may have 8gb limit while PC's can go up to 256gb if they have 64-bit windows, but there are no chips that large yet xD)

You can't increase ram by deleting cookies or cleaning registry.
oh ok. then i shall draw and earn money for one and do what i can for now. thx alot. i really appreciate it. and you can ignore my other message asking about this. i read that one before this >w<
:iconimpotentrage:
ImpotentRage Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You also need something like FRAPS or XSplit to capture the video and sound. And you don't have to worry about showing your face, those programs only capture whats on your screen. If your face isn't on it, then no one will see it.

Need free games? Get a Steam account and check out their Free to Play category.

FRAPS - [link]
XSplit - [link]
Steam - [link]
Twitch TV - [link]

HAVE FUN
thx so so much! =3=
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Artist
ustream.tv and twitch.tv

You can google them :)