Sonic or Mario?

I obviously prefer Sonic. I grew up with his games, he was part of my childhood and now he part of my life :) Well, who will you choose?
Comments79
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like both fairly equally, but since my first console was a Dreamcast... :iconsoniclaplz:

But then again, my first handheld was a GBA SP...
Mario.

I think, as a whole, the games are better-made and offer a wider experience of gameplay. I'm certainly not close-minded about Sonic, but given the choice between the two, I'd take Mario any day.
The real question is, Shadow or Luigi?
hmm..SNES/ Genesis era Id say Sonic, N64 and beyond though Id say Mario. Colors and Generations are fun, but overall Mario just transitioned alot better into 3d imo. I still play them both so it doesnt really matter I guess lol.
While I considered myself more of a Mario fan (due to his overall quality), I love Sonic 2 and Sonic Generations HD more than all of Mario's games. For the most part though, it more or less depends.
I just started to play Sonic a few days back (Colours) It seemed challenging :o
And I was raised with Nintendo systems, so Mario has been my preference :B However, I'm all up to try more Sonic games:la:
Mario. He's done everything and done it with style and selflessness. Mario 64 was one of the best games of my childhood.

Sonic is just fast. Sonic Battle was the only game I really liked from the Sonic series, and that was because of how cool Emerl was.

Too bad I somehow lost(?) the cartridge and haven't been able to find it. I blame the elves. :shakefist:
Ehhhhhh.... ermmaigawditstheultimatequestionguyzchoosecarfully :iconzoomoutplz:

Fandom-wise: Sonic.
Art-wise: Mario and a couple others, seeing how the design of Sonic can be hard to draw.
Gaming-wise: Neither! Uhh.... Specter.

:iconspecter-plz:
I had both growing up, Mario on the NES and Sonic on the Computer. I'd have to say that while I loved Sonic more as a kid, I prefer playing Mario now.
I adored Sonic, I played that in our old Sega Genesis all the time, when I could pry it away from my brothers XD Knuckles was the original gaming badass. :dummy:
I've always prefered Sonic. Mario was always too slow paced.

Not that I dislike Mario!
Super Mario is my favorite game. But unfortunately i never ever reach at the last level of the game. But it is very interesting game. Where you need to take prompt decisions.

I grew up with the old Sonic games and preferred them to the Mario games I played as a child (Super Mario Land 1&2 on the gameboy), but I have to admit that his modern games have all been awful. That said, Sonic Colours and Generations seem to be getting him back on the right track, so I'm really hopeful they'll keep up the trend and restore him to his former glory.

And yeah, I admit that the Mario Land games might not be considered "official" Mario games.
Sonic can go take a flying fuck to himself.
my Sonic tattoo says I'm a huge Mario fan :juggle:
Early-mid 2000s was Sonic all the way.
Nowadays, it's Mario, and the old Sonic (Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear).
I grew up on "Turok" way back then...

but I like Mario better (it's more challenging)
...why? Why? WHY!?!!