Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 69

omg omg omg Pokemon X and Y :3

:iconeasle-darkpaws:
Easle-Darkpaws Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Pokemon X and Y :3....I've never been THAT excited over a pokemon game but hell....Can not wait...but would any of you refined people know if there might be a 3DS bundle of the game?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconendeavor-to-freefall:
While I'm glad they finally went 3D, something I wanted since I was probably about 10, I've never felt much passion for the Pokemon generations since the first one. Maybe it's because I'm older or something but they feel very alien to me now, once upon a time they felt much closer to being semi plausible, adaptations of existing species, which I guess gave me more of a connection. I'll buy it, but I'm not really excited, I have hopes but not expectations if that makes sense.
:iconevb16:
evb16 Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
I'm waiting for more to be revealed before I pass any judgement.
:iconmagnifulouschicken:
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'll probably end up getting the game when/ if I get a 3DS. I personally think the whole 3D thing is way overrated...but since it's Pokemon I'm considering it.

Haha I feel sort of behind, I don't even have Black or White 2 yet XD.
Easle-Darkpaws Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Don't play B&W...it's just not a good game imo
:iconmagnifulouschicken:
magnifulouschicken Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Idk I thought White was a good game...I was talking about the sequels though.

The main problem in the game, at least IMO, is that levelling up took forever. And you couldn't rebattle trainers. Come on that's one of the best things! Also, the level hike on the routes after the Elite Four were too much
Easle-Darkpaws Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah the level hike was pretty high
:iconsquatchmen:
Squatchmen Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Actually I disagree, Black and White was pretty good, even great. It went back to it's roots and feels simple again.

I liked it, that's all.
Easle-Darkpaws Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
O_O
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Gen 2-4 were not simple?
:iconsquatchmen:
Squatchmen Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Are you kidding? All Pokemon games are simple, its just that Black and White felt like it went back to it's original formula the most.

The only Pokemon game that kind of strayed the most from the formula was Ruby and Sapphire.
:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Well, the pseudo (?) 3D is a step up and I like these first form starters better than the last two gens. But, eh. I hope there's some sort of real difference. I'm not even asking for innovation, I'm asking for a change of pace. Ex: How about the goal for once be just about getting rid of Team whatever or let us change Pokemon careers?:shrug:
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Same old shit, only with uglier-than-ever pokemon, not to mention a hideous name. "Cut" and "Dry" would have been a better name than "X" and "Y".

I learned my lesson a long time ago. I can get more from a 5-dollar indie game (say, Dungeons of Dredmor) than I can with an overpriced, rehashed poke-turd with a new polish to it. Diggles are better than pokemon, anyway.
Easle-Darkpaws Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
O_O though I do love indie games :3
:iconpepperseeds:
PepperSeeds Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
is it me or are the species getting weirder and weirder? The first generations were based on irl animals, but they deviated into...alphabets. (Unown,x/y) My love for water types just insta vanished. Croakie? really? Still, this game defined my childhood. gonna see it through the bitter end.
Fennecs are foxes, Froakie is a frog...those are real animals ^.^
:iconpepperseeds:
PepperSeeds Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
wasn't referring to the entire generation
oop
:iconinnocentfate:
Innocentfate Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:damphyr: :bulletpink: Omg, Pokemon Chromosomes lol

I'm still waiting for the remake for Pokemon Emerald on the 3DS.
I want a pokemon yellow remake XD
:iconinnocentfate:
Innocentfate Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:dampphyr: :bulletpink: We all want them remakes!!!
remake ALL the Pokemons :3
:iconeldingagunman:
EldingaGunman Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I'll go ahead and break the ice. I actually think that the X&Y series have the potential to be a large leap forward (or backwards) in the pokemon franchise. Mainly because of the questionaire that was presented in B&W, and that was probably downloaded by Nintendo whenever you went online into the dreamworld. I think that was an incredibly clever move - they've gotten thousands and thousands of people to critique their games, without actually having to read through written suggestions or fandom declarations.

That being said, I also think that this game have the possibility of utter failure, for the exact same reason :shrug: Pokemon was a creative voice when it first came out, and I'm a little worried they'll buckle down to the critique and lose what little voice they still have left :(

That being said, I loooove Chespin. PSYCHE!
O_O I hope it goes the Success way
:iconjay-hyena:
Jay-Hyena Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
While I have my doubts (the Pokemon designs were disappointing, in my opinion), I'll still probably get this game for the sake of having a Pokemon game in 3D. It was awesome to play Colosseum and XD and I've been waiting for this for a long while now.
indeed it is :3 maybe we need a pokemon Colosseum game on 3DS?
indeed it is :3 maybe we need a pokemon Colosseum game on 3DS?
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I saw the trailer, and Pokemon is now dead to me. Nintendo did what I feared they would by changing the game's perspective.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Really? Most people seem to think the reverse. I've been wanting Pokemon in 3D since the days of Stadium 2.
I think it's a nice change :3
:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I honestly I don't think I'll ever be as excited for a video-game as I was when I was waiting for my first ever Pokemon game (Yellow). But I'm pretty excited for Pokemon Y, because it's the game that I plan to re-enter the franchise with. I stopped playing at Platinum and skipped Gen 5.
indeed
:icontwilightdrifter:
Twilightdrifter Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I can't wait. =P Yet I don't understand why people are complaining about this. Personally Poke'mon is the same, but so is Resident Evil, so is Halo, so is Call of Duty, so is Assasin's Creed, etc. =P

I don't get why people bash this game when the games they like get beaten to death as well. ^^; it's silly.

I personally can't wait to play the new game in 3D. :3 It's going to be fun. ^^
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH :D...though I'm fine on the 2D setting as well
Well October is a long way so I'm not really worried about it. I'm getting when I'm getting it. XD

Still it'll be cool seeing how it's going to be in 3D I'm actually more excited about that then the poke'mon to be honest. ^^;

I didn't mind the B&W series, though some of the poke'mon were a little odd, yet this'll be the very first actual poke'mon rpg for the 3Ds. I think they've had other poke'mon titles. ^^
I hope they don't mess it up with Half-assed pokemon like B&W..fennekin is awesome
honestly I kind of don't understand. =P I thought a lot of the new poke'mon were creative. Yet I tend to look on the more positive side. ^^;

The garbage bag poke'mon is just silly though. =P XD And the water starter kind of was odd in it's final transformation, but I usually like most of the new poke'mon that are creative.

I liked B2/W2 a little more because you had poke'mon from the older games. Which is kind of cool to see what kind of new attacks the old ones learn/get.

From the little trailer thing I saw, it looks like there will be poke'mon from the other games as well. ^^

Fennikin's the cat right? I thought the frog looked a bit cooler. =P then again I think the legendary deer looks silly with it's large horns. xD So I'm getting Y. =P

There will always be silly poke'mon, but most of the new ones that are created aren't so bad. I found some of the newer ones that I liked, like Cubchoo and Beararctic. Man that's a good ice poke'mon right there. ^^

I think what threw people off was the fact that there were 150 different poke'mon they've never seen before so they couldn't use the ones they liked. I personally thought it was a creative idea, yet people today don't always like 'thought out of the box' ideas. ^^;
True true, and Fennekin is a Fennec....a fox XD
oh! O_O I thought it was a cat...^^; xD :iconderpplz: show's what I know. =P
Lolz Now pokemon has 2 Foxes...Vulpix and Fennekin
(1 Reply)
:iconreluctantzombie:
ReluctantZombie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Passing on this one, because it's way too fucking soon for this shit. B&W2 just came out, FFS
God I hated B&W.
:iconreluctantzombie:
ReluctantZombie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I liked B&W, I just don't need to see another fucking Pokemon game every year.
I can see where you're coming from
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'll buy it when I get a 3DS. Pokemon in 3D? Hell yes! Hopefully, they'll change the battles a bit, if only a little. Also, getting rid of random encounters would be nice.
No they are part of the Games MECHANICS!!! Also yes, it's going to be awesome, plus I'm hoping they'll do a 3DS With X or Y bundle...gives me an excuse to buy one :3
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Not only could this be counted as a dupa topic, but there really isn't that much reason to get excited this early. But, I do expect the hype train to crash horribly when its found out that the graphical leap is the only leap.
Oh I know, but I'm a huge Pokemon fan (Since R/B/Y) So I'll be getting it ^-^ I'm aware it's not SUPER new or all deserving of the hype, however Since it's the only new thing I haven't played yet that I want, just figured I'd be happy about it :3 You must admit though, it won't be as bad as people are thinking either. that and Fennekin is sooooo cute
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
You haven't given Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Wright VS Layton, or other games a look over?
don't like Layton. Eh animal crossing was Ok on the game cube and DS, just not that into them
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
You don't? And I suppose the prospect of being Mayor for this new outing won't swing you?
Add a Comment: