Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 79

Pokemon Black and White-Racist?

:iconwheeljackson:
WheelJackson Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   General Artist
[link] <Lenora, one of the only black characters in the games looks like your stereotypical mammy character.

[link] <Ghetis is LITERALLY half black and half white.

[link] <This is Lilligant, a Pokemon exclusive to the White versions, and it looks like a Southern Belle. Cottonee (a cotton based Pokemon) is exclusive to the Black versions.

Is Pokemon Black and White racist, or are these just coincidences?

Devious Comments

:icondxd:
dxd Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Closed at request of OP.
:iconrainbowkitty777:
rainbowkitty777 Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Only if you make a crapload of assumptions.
:iconmonkeydanceguy:
MonkeydanceGuy Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I sincerely hope you're trolling, otherwise you could easily be the most overly-sensitive person ever to grace the internet. I'd just like to point out that since you made all these "connections" and posted them here, you've unwittingly made yourself the most racist thing ever. Congrats.
:iconcodepurpleyedrawings:
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Pokemon is not at all racist, and while the Japanese can be really really racist, this is not one of those times.
"while the Japanese can be really really racist"
Really? Really guy? Did you just post that on a forum talking about racism?
I guess that's indirectly referring to some ethnicities who are never ever racist or prejudiced, perhaps that other one who are constantly racist and have a language built on racial slur?
:iconcodepurpleyedrawings:
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
No. Anybody can be racist. I get the first half of your reply. It was a poor choice of words.
Have you ever seen Japanese textbooks for learning english?

I'm not going to pretend that the Japanese are never, ever discriminated against if that's what you are suggesting, and like I said, anybody and everybody's racist. Asia has remaining ethnocentrism from their isolation centuries before, it's a bit more accepted, and not all japanese are racist. I'm not talking about japanese ethnically. I'm talking about Japanese culture.
I'd offer you a shovel, but you seem to be digging that hole jolly well on your own.
:iconhanimetion:
Hanimetion Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
*facepalm* how can you be that ignorant?

Pokemon Black and White are named as such because of the concept of yin and yang, aka Black and White morality, which has nothing to do with race.
:iconnokapiplz:
NOKAPIplz Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
It's racist if you take it out of context.
:iconelirox904:
EliroX904 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Oh puh-lease, this is about as racist as when my boss insisted on my African-American co-worker working on Black Friday.
Add a Comment: