Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Which last gen Pokemon game should I get?

:iconsoriyns-knight:
Soriyns-Knight Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
So I'm pretty excited about the announcement of X and Y, and I haven't gotten a new Pokemon game in a while, and for some reason, I skipped the remakes of gen 2 and gen 5. I wan't to get a new Pokemon game to play until X and Y come out, but I can't decide whether I should get a copy of Soul Silver or White. I want to get soul silver because of all the older gen Pokemon that I can get, and the battle frontier, but then again I really want to play White, so I have all the new feature that were added in gen 5, and If I were to get a gen 5 game I'm not sure if I should get White or just skip ahead to White 2.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbagasuit091:
bagasuit091 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I guess it depends most on your preference. SS and HG are basically remakes of the old games; probably the biggest difference is you can walk around with your Pokemon following you. Other than that though, it will be the same adventure with upgraded music and visuals.

With Black and White you could play through a new storyline, and catch all the new guys. There's new features like the animated battle sprites, musicals, and repeatable daily events. To be honest, I wasn't super excited for Gen 5 at first, but after playing it I think it's probably the best storyline in the series so far.

Black and White 2 are pretty similar to Black and White, aside from a different player character, some changes in the environments and gyms. Storyline still has some neat moments, and you can catch older Gen Pokemon throughout the game (whereas in Black and White you had to wait until after the main story to catch older Pokes or trade them). There's Medals you collect for achieving certain things (like catching a certain number of Pokemon, or even checking trash cans, lol), and you can film movies. But to be honest, I think the characters and some of the plot references were more special if you've played Black and White first. Some events or dialog are a bit more significant if you've meet the characters in the previous games.

Sorry this getting so long! ^^; But regardless, it's really up to you! If you really loved Gold and Silver, you'll really love SS and HG of course. And no matter what you choose the buy, you can always purchase the others at a later time too. =)
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
HG and SS are fucking amazing, generation V is pretty mediocre
Now do you by what terms to regard it as mediocre? Are you simply saying that because there's a living ice cream cone in the game, or does it as a whole not play as well as previous Pokemon? I'm looking for non biased opinons.
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
I don't know how I would be "biased" unless I was the creator of Digimon or something.

Anyway, it felt so much less interesting than the other games. The designs weren't a lot worse than IV's, but they sure as fuck weren't any better. I think this is the only Pokemon game to date that I completely stopped playing after I got to the Elite 4. The areas weren't interesting there wasn't any feeling of exploration or motivation.
maybe biased wasn't the right word, anyway thanks for your input :D
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Soul Silver is really great and I'm sure you would enjoy it. Just keep in mind that if you are interested in online trading/battling then the Gen5 games (Black/White/Black2/White2) are a lot busier.

And if you are worried about picking up older pokemon then there are loads of the everywhere after you beat the elite 4 and champion in the Gen5 games. Never has it been so easy to get rare pokemon before...
Well all of that sounds nice, and considering how many people are ranting about how they won't get a 3DS for gen 6, I would hazard to say it's going to be busy long after the release.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I think I'm going to wait for a bit more information about Gen6 before I decide whether to get a 3DS or not!
I got one when they came out. I got it out of a combination of not having a DS and seeing the potential of the platform. I don't regret it, but like with all nintendo handhelds, Pokemon is the killer app.
:iconthe-other-master:
The-other-Master Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
Get white first if you plan on playing White Two. To be honest, it all depends on your personal opinion. I would get Soul Silver just that it is a remake but I have the original Pokemon game. I won't lie but your question is really tough for me to answer :noes:
Personally, it's your decision
Add a Comment: