Pokemon X & Y

So as more information pops up on Serebii about the next installment for the franchise, & after seeing those new legendaries, I'm actually more excited for this game after being severely disappointed by those starters.

So anyways, which of the starters would you guys pick & which legendary would you go for?

For me, I was mainly so appalled at how they did not use a reptilian like they should have for the grass one or an animal from the Chinese Calender for the fire one. But from the three, I'll take Fennekin. I normally always go for the grass ones, but it's becoming rather odd how I'm actually going for another fire one this time since Emboar(greatest fire starter since Charizard). Chespin, a mammal & a chipmunk, no, it doesn't work. Froakie is odd, but at least that one still bothered to follow the Water Starter rule.

And for the legendaries, I'll take that deer. But I was mad that they chose it as a legendary because I chose a deer as a legendary for my Fakemon series >.< BTW, this is also supposed to be the last generation Nintendo plans to make officially, because there is just much too much now. Does anyone wonder what Pokemon #666 will be? lol

Also, do not come with your anti anything after Gen 2 bullshit, because all I;ve ever heard as excuses from anyone who doesn't like Gen 3 & up is laughable crap based on nostalgia that can easily be contradicted.
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
as much as I'm probably going to want to play the game, I don't want to buy a 3ds, even though they have awesome games (like a new fire emblem coming out :D)
and I've pretty much slowed down my gaming to a minimum...... BUT, the frog thing is probably the most original out of the three and I bet he'll become awesome as an opposed to a grass "oshawatt" and well...... another fox thing....as for the legendries,.. well I'm not a fan of legendries for reasons no one really cares about.....but its always fun to watch the new Pokémon as they come out =D
I'm going for Fennekin. I've been a Fire trainer the moment I got into Pokemon back in 2006.
I would go for Fennekin and the X starter, simply because the designs are pretty awesome. But Yveltal looks pretty awesome too.
I'm still well beyond turned off for playing Pokemon X and Y. Black and White sucked, so I just sold them online and I'm pretty sure X and Y won't add much else, so I've really never partaken in Pokemon since Diamond and Pearl, so yeah. And they're running out of pokemon ideas so I'm sorta running out of faith of the ideas they want to pull out of their asses and shove into the game.
Best joke I've ears all week. Thanks for sharing it.
Not the fire type starter. I'll go with the "Y" Legendary.
Am I the only one who thinks that Chespin looks like a total bro? Also, I think that I'm going for Xerneas over Yveltal. I dunno why, but I just like the stag better.
Don't know why. And it seems the Pokemon designers have a knack for making some awesome-looking deer Pokemon.
Well, my icon should already show what starter I like. lol

I'll go for Yveltal in Pokemon Y. It's design is awesome, and it looks pretty darn strong.
I like how Yveltal looks like a darker version of Lugia.
Another bird-thing with fingers. Like Lugia ish. I'll go for the flying thing.
And I'll go with Fennekin. I always go with the fire starters.
I love reptiles, but Froakie will do for my amphibian needs.

Other than that,

Also, do not come with your anti anything after Gen 2 bullshit, because all I;ve ever heard as excuses from anyone who doesn't like Gen 3 & up is laughable crap based on nostalgia that can easily be contradicted.

Because Gen 3 is not a step backwards from what Gen 2 brought to the table, and totally doesn't have people whining about Black 2/White 2 and X/Y not being remakes of their game. Because the newer Pokemon fanboys can whine about how Gen 2's "KANTO RUINED JOHTO111!!!!" all on the basis of it not being as pretty to look at, but never mind the fact that Gen 3's towns didn't serve any better, the secret houses along with the contests it introduced are pointless, and Gen 4's Sinnoh is dull as shit as well. Because Gen 5's story wasn't clunky and overly dramatic.:roll: I'm saying this as someone who wouldn't put any of the Pokemon games on her favorite rpg list. Nostalgia fanboys are annoying but claiming that anyone who prefers the previous gens only due to nostalgia is the height of arrogance. I swear the newer Pokemon fanbrats (not talking about the sane newer fans) that love to ad hominem are more annoying than the "EVERTH1NG PAST 150 IS BULL$HITE!!!" genwunners.
I really like Fennekin's design. :) I'm not sure if I'll invest in a 3DS yet, only because the only reason I'd get one is to play Pokemon and I'm a bit overwhelmed by trying to "catch 'em all" (which I did on Diamond! ...still in progress on White, but I haven't played it in months). I also haven't gotten BW2, partly because a hinge on my old DS broke and I lost my DS Lite years ago. :\

I don't mind Chespin's design, but I think it will be interesting to see what its evolved forms look like, haha. At least they can make something sleek, speedy, and powerful-looking out of Fennekin, and something that hopefully doesn't look as godawful as Seismitoad did for Froakie.

As for which game and consequently legendary, I'll probably go for X simply because I tend to favor the blue colors, but I also tend to buy both games.
Well the meaning of life is to Catch 'em All, so, overwhelming is key.

Interesting fact, X represents the biological creation Neuron.
I just think the transferring part is overwhelming, really. I mean, I have Pokemon that are gonna be ten years old this year dating back to my Ruby version. What old farts! :giggle: Not to mention my collection on White that's nearing-completion.
Ugh, i haven't even transferred my Pokemon from the first White to White 2 yet. I'll be spending so much money on all of those damn Pokeballs.