Sonic Games

I'm curious to know:

What is your favorite/least favorite Sonic games...

in 2D?
in 3D?
Spin-offs?

For me, it's
2D: Fave: Sonic 2 (Sonic Jam), Least Fave: Sonic Genesis GBA
3D: Fave: Sonic Generations (PS3), Least Fave: Sonic 2006
Spin-offs: Fave: Sonic Rush Adventure, Least Fave: Tails' Sky Patrol
Comments67
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
For Sonic game's in my opinion I like most except for a few recent ones. My favorites are Sonic Heros and all the Sonic Adventure games, my least favorites are Unleashed,Colors and Black Knight seemed okay but it looked like SEGA giving a rip off version of the Legend of Zelda series. Personally they should put the new Sonic games on Gamecube and Dreamcast because they have WAY BETTER CONTROLS THAN WII.
Pfft. You're just saying that because you're a Wii hater.:iconsnobplz:
Not really.. I have both a Wii and Wiiu and personally the normal Wii is crap, and Wiiu games are a rip off, only thing I like is the little cheap tablet board that comes with it. The only problem I had with GameCube was it would overheat sometimes if i'm like playing for 7hours or more when I first got a game.
Favorite 2-D: Sonic 3 and Knuckles (the combined one). Nothing's quite as satisfying as going Hyper Sonic and kicking everyone's ass.
3-D: SA2 battle - because Chao garden.
Spinoff - Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure - these games were very well-polished and fun to play.

Least favorite 2-D: I don't really have one.
3-D: Unleashed - I never played '06 (I always really wanted to though! This video got me hyped for it: [link] And to this day I'm shocked that people say it's a bad game.)
Spinoff: Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood - this game was boring as hell. Boring.
Agree with both 2D and Spin-off entries.:nod:

As for 2006, that game will make Unleashed look like a masterpiece.:no:
Favourite, sonic and knuckles I used play on my sega mega drive II, and was the only sonic game I actually enjoyed playing.
What about attaching it with Sonic 3?
I guess I played that too but don't remember it much.
The BEST Sonic games are the classics :) My favs are Sonic 2, 3, & Knuckles. And my other favorites are SA and Sonic heroes! :D
No arguments from me on the classics.:D
With 2D, I loved Sonic 3&K to death. The first six zones were great, the music was wonderful (my favorite is still Hydrocity Zone Act 2). Carnival Night zone was another great zone and was pretty fun to catch up on emeralds if you had missed your chances in the other zones prior, or an easy bonus of mayb3 150 rings to 250.

3D game? This is sort of a tough call. I'm going to disregard Generations for the obvious reasons. Considering all, I think what really takes the cake as my favorite was Adventure 2. That Chao garden. That really drew me back in when it was implemented again from the first Adventure game. Much better too imo.

Spin off game...Hmmm, didn't really play them too much, and still pretty much haven't, but I'll say Spinball. Can be pretty frustrating at points but was still pretty interesting.

Might as well leave a lest favorite too. Sonic Chronicles. It pretty much took the majority away from what the games were, and the fact that I was never much for RPG games.
2D: Can't disagree much. Those are great zone.:nod:

3D: Are those obvious reasons being that it was made from levels from other games? As for Adventure 2, I'm surprised how many people love that Chao garden.

Spinball is very addictive.

To be fair, RPG fans in general don't seem to like this title. Although it would be hard to mix RPG with speed-based platforming.
For the 3D, yeah. It was just a quick nostalgia/refresher game on the past games in short, so I wouldn't necessarily cal it it's own game.
As much as I love generations, I do have to agree with you on that.
By 2D you mean the Genesis games?

3D: Sonic Adventure(one of the first games I played)/ Sonic 2006

Spin-offs? Since The 2D DS games count...
Favorite: Sonic Rush/ Least Favorite: Sonic Rush Adventure
2D can be any 2D Sonic game. You can choose the same answer for both if you wish.:nod:
Oh, okay! In that case Sonic Advance 3 is my favorite 2D Sonic game! Rush Adventure is definately my least favorite.

By the way, least favorite spin-off is that Sonic RPG game for the DS, not Rush Adventure. I completely forgot about that game!
2D: Sonic the Hedgehog 3. So much :heart: Sonic CD and Sonic the Hedgehog 2, too. I enjoy their awesome music just as much as the gameplay, which is why I can't stop playing them. XD
3D: Love Sonic Adventure 2: Battle :heart: That's my most favorite game of the series, mostly for the story, the music and the Chao Garden. I also enjoy Sonic Riders, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Unleashed. And I know Sonic Unleashed gets a lot of flak because of the Werehog factor, but that's actually one thing I like about it. I love platformers, so that gave me a good fix for that. :) I REALLY want to play Sonic Generations though. I heard that game was fantastic :o
Spin-off: Sonic R is one of my favorites ^^ Tails Adventure is good, too, though I haven't played it in quite a long time.

As for one I don't like: Sonic and the Secret Rings. As much as I love Sonic, the controls for that game just pissed me off so hard :U But that's about it. I haven't really played Sonic '06, the one everyone hates with a passion, so I have no opinion on it :XD:
3D: You're certainly some of the very few people who only liked the Werehog. Truth be told, I wish the game had more daytime stages, but the Werehog is probably the least annoying gimmick. And yes, play Sonic Generations-on PS3 or Xbox. PC's lags and the 3DS is watered down. It's one the best 3D Sonic games.:D

Spin-off: You know, I've seen people say they like Sonic R but I never saw the appeal. Do you wish to tell me what made it click for you?

Another dislike for Secret Rings, but Sonic 2006 is definitely one of the worst games that existed. Everything about that game is downright unpleasant.
I think what appeals to me most about Sonic R is its music for one. It's very unique for songs in the Sonic series, and they're all so upbeat and colorful. The graphics, though blocky, make the game seem so... cute, for lack of a better word? The only thing I really don't like about it is that it's short and has only five levels and few modes.

I used to be so obsessed with Sonic '06 when it first came out. Just watching the cutscenes, though, but granted, I was a kid and this was before I actually knew what was bad about it XD I'd still like to play it anyway just because I love Sonic like that. And poke fun at it for the lulz.
I love the Sonic Adventure games and the original 'Sonic the Hedgehog'. The only other one I remember playing is Sonic the Hedgehog on the PS3, which was horrendous... Unless you count Shadow the Hedgehog, which I was also not impressed with.
You not being impressed with Shadow the Hedgehog is the nicest thing I heard anybody say about that game.:lol: Good to see the first game get some love.:nod:
That is hard.
I think everyone's least favorite is 06.

I can't fight between the 2D and 3D ones though. I have fond memories of Sonic 2, but I'm no nostalgia fag so I don't judge games based on how long I've played them. I think Sonic CD may have to be my favorite 2D game.

And favorite 3D...fuck that's tough. Either Adventure 1 or Generations. Transformed is damn good though. I don't give a shit if it's a spinoff.