Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 78

Mass Effect 4: Expectations and how you would make it actually good

:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
So it isn't a secret that Bioware is going to make a 4th Mass Effect game. I haven't read up too much on it but I know that it's a thing

I fully expect them to mess it up in some way. I'm expecting the dialogue wheel to play even less of a role in the game, with combat being the sole purpose of the game. RPG elements will probably be pushed away quite harshly.

My ideal Mass Effect 4 would feature a protagonist whose race you can choose (of course Bioware would never do this because they wouldn't get multiple voice actors to do all the lines for the main character). The story would be fairly contained and the protagonist would be someone who is not known by everyone as a hero, but still has interesting things to do. The dialogue wheel will have the middle option available again and it won't break your game if you choose it multiple times. I know that the paragon/renegade meters are iconic in this series, but it's a really crap system. The dialogue options you choose will still have an impact on the story but it won't need invisible points in order to work. I have other ideas but I'm sure you guys have stopped reading by now

So tell me what you think Mass Effect 4 will be like, and how you would like it to be like

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconimdsound:
IMDSound Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Well seeing as they said they don't want the typical "soldier-type main protagonist" I don't know what they'll do. I imagine the game would be a little more open world now.
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student General Artist
That would be rad. I want to be just a normal dude who gets dragged into shit and is forced to adapt
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
how you would make it actually good

Kill it.
Eat it
:iconqrob:
QRob Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was fine with the Mass Effect 3, and I only found as a defect that it was way, way too short. If the new team who takes care now of the game manage to fix that in Mass Effect 4, and give it a gameplay time equal to Skyrim's play time, well then, it would be great. I prefer to keep seeing the RPG elements, otherwise it's gonna be boring.
Yeah I also want more sidequests that actually mean something, not stupid quests to fetch random people their socks on the citadel.

I heard the new team is the same team who worked on ME 3's multiplayer, soooooooo

Not sure if that's 100% true but that's what I heard
:iconqrob:
QRob Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, that shouldn't turn out too bad... in the end.
:icongator1949:
gator1949 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
i got a baaaaad feeling about this.
Same
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional Artist
In short, here's what I think they should do with a future Mass Effect game, if at least from a gameplay standpoint: [link]

There. Now everyone's issues are solved and we get a new triple hybrid (RPG, turn-based strategy, shooter) genre, and user generated content to boot. It wouldn't even be that hard to accomplish.
Add a Comment: