Bayonetta 2~

What are your thoughts about it, what do you think will happen in Bayonetta's next journey and share your rants about it being a Wii U exclusive.
Comments135
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Wow, he seriously hasn't came here yet.
I can't imagine what it'd be about - Bayonetta (as much as I enjoy the game) has never had a very clear, strong story - but I think going to the Wii U was a bad idea. Nintendo has always been behind the other consoles (and PC) in terms of design and graphics. For Bayonetta, aesthetics really are incredibly important, and I can't see it being as good on the Wii as it could be on other systems.
Except it will be on the WiiU, not the Wii. And the studio didn't have much of a choice since Nintendo was the only company willing to fund the project. We also still haven't seen the other consoles' specs and how developers are going to work with them.
The Wii U doesn't look much different graphic-wise. Besides, as I said, Nintendo's games have always been a step behind everyone else's.
When they were still in 2D, Playstation was in 3D. When the 64 was in 3D, the PS2 and Xbox were in 3D...but with better graphics. When the Wii got graphics the quality of PS2 and Xbox, the PS3 and Xbox 360 were STILL better. I'm highly doubting Nintendo can surpass the other two.

The only thing it MAY have over the other two is the motion-sensing might be better. I don't know because I don't play those types of games, but as far as quality of graphics, Nintendo's always been behind.
You are comparing a console of one gen with one of the next. In actuality, the SNES was ahead of the Sega Mega Drive, the Nintendo 64 was ahead of the PlayStation (although it had lesser cartridge space) and the GameCube was superior to the PlayStation 2 and only slightly inferior to the Xbox.

The Wii is the first time in a very long time when Nintendo had the graphically inferior console (it was also superior to the PS2 and the Xbox btw).
Okay, fine. I was incorrect about the early consoles.
The WiiU still doesn't look any different than the Wii, nor any better than the PS3 and Xbox 360, so once the next Playstation and Xbox consoles are on the market, I don't doubt they'll be superior.

I was appalled at how poor the graphics of the Dead Space and Prince of Persia games on the Wii were (since they're the only Wii games I bothered playing since all the other games look awful and I couldn't be bothered).
graphics can't really go much farther from here they'll only be slightly better
looks depend on how well thye game devs do it and what engine they use
and like i said they'll probably only be a little better and just have a
new look and added features. i just want to play some good games
Graphics can improve, I'm sure. We can't imagine it because we already see what we have. I'm sure before the PS3 and Xbox, people thought the same thing.

Point is, Nintendo's been at the end of the line for a few years now. Not only have their graphics been sub-par (they're only achieving HD now?), but their gameplay (including the controller itself) is far too gimmicky. The 3DS is basically just another DS because most critics and gamers agree the 3D is crap and gives more headaches than it adds to gameplay. Now the Wii-U has brought in a tablet-tv hybrid? They seem to be selling the type of gameplay over the game, and even the quality of Nintendo-exclusive games haven't been up to par as the other systems. How many games are even Nintendo exclusive anymore? Anything they own (so Mario, Pokemon and Zelda), and a couple others. And anything that's typically not Nintendo exclusive doesn't even make it to the Nintendo systems. Yeah, the Wii-U is getting a few now (Assassin's Creed, Batman, Mass Effect and the Walking Dead to name a few) but overall? I could be wrong, but I doubt even the Wii-U can compete with the current PlayStation and Xbox systems - in terms of what people want - and once that Ouya comes out, and the next generation of PlayStation and Xbox, undoubtedly, the market for Nintendo-exclusive games is going to be quite small. Platinum was better off making it exclusive for a different system.
View all replies
To add on, the 64 and Gamecube were both more powerful than their Sony counterparts.
The Wii U doesn't look much different graphic-wise.

The U is visually superior to PS3/360; how far superior is up for debate. So if you think visuals made the game on XBox, it's be better on Wii U.
Hardly. From what I've seen it's on par or slightly clearer.
The Batman comparisons are minimal at best, and what differences there are almost looks gaudy.
That's because Batman: Arkham City is a port. They aren't going to redo all of the graphics just so they can sell a few more copies of a game that's already a year old.

Games released early in a console's life cycle always seem minimally improved compared to games from the previous generation because developers don't understand the technology yet. Early PS3 & Xbox360 games also looked horrendous compared to what they are doing now.
When the Ouya, PS4 and Xbox whatever the next version is, at this point I'm not doubting they'll be better.
Nintendo seems to be more about the gimmicks now than anything. The other consoles are doing that too, but really...a tablet? Sorry, I'm over Nintendo and making anything Nintendo exclusive is a bad marketing plan. I don't think many gamers are being sold on Nintendo anymore.
View all replies
Hence how other developers are going to handle the new systems. With the previous generation, some smaller developers have not been pushing the standard for the 360 or the PS3 and higher specs won't help. As to where the major developers are at is a bit unknown (Bethesda could probably keep pushing, but I would start questioning those like EA or Valve.)

Then there is the case as to if the WiiU can be part of the standard. Remember that the Xbox 360 is weak compared to the PS3, but it was not kept out of AAA titles and features like the Wii as the 360 was very similar in design to the PS3 (a controller with solid online play, good support for DLCs, large discs, and quite a bit of processing power to make nice looking games.) It is rumoured that the Xbox 720 will have a controller design similar to the WiiU's game pad, the PS4 being up for question. If this is the case, and the WiiU is not too far behind the Xbox 720 in terms of total processing power, then the WiiU can become a standard and receive features that the other systems get.

(Also, the N64 and the PSOne were competitors, not SNES and PSOne. I remember those two being two separate systems with their own list of games. The PS2 competed against the Gamecube and was roughly even. The Xbox at the time was the one that stood out, which did get a lot of the titles the Gamecube and PS2 got and then some, but not enough to warrant a purchase for some due to pricing. The only time that Nintendo was really out of league in terms of power was with the Wii vs. PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as DS vs. PSP. In the case of the PSP, the DS actually ended up being better due to availability of the system.)
((I've never played the first one but would like to. I think it's a good marketing con but then it makes it difficult for people to keep up all the time.
I personally think this stunt will give the Wii U some better sales. Besides, no one else would take it, so, why not, you know?
Probably getting this for my 17th birthday.
I was surprised it was going to be a Wii U only game but hey, seeing nobody else didn't publish the game or be partners with the developers, NES will give a hand to help out.
And I actually want to test out that system...once I get the money that is.

As for what this new game will be about? I have to wait and find out.
I hate bayonetta.
Perhaps Bayonetta will go on adventures with Jeanne. Maybe Bayonetta travels in time. Maybe she helps people with her magic!

But about the PS Vita thing...it's not really pissing me off as it is weirding me out. I don't think the Wii U will sell very good. In fact I think it's going to be like the PS Vita. You know, one of those light, "family" consoles where it's bought for some kid's 10th birthday, and they play it for a week with their 3 year old sister and pretend they're not bored white kids in the suburbs and instead they are in the jungle petting tigers. Finally the kids get bored and more spoiled, and their mother drinks whiskey all night long, because she was so sure her kids were gonna love her if she gave them lavish gifts.

But that depressing bit is not the point, if it's one of *those* consoles, then the game won't sell good (Because remember it's gonna be bought by doting overzealous suburban mothers of young children, and Bayonetta is a sexualized hack n' slash that's spiritually detestable and totally non-jesus.) So it might hurt the franchise. I wouldn't be so confused and have such weird, weird feelings if it were exclusive to PS3, (this is coming from an Xbox gamer) then Bayonetta 2 would have a good chance and a more appeased fanbase. Plus, you know, it makes sense. Bayonetta would sell good in Japan, as well as the US and other countries.
...Now that I think about it, Bayo 2's story maybe about [guess-spoiler?].
Yeah, why not? Bayonetta did alot of things in the first game, what else does she have to do but help people and hang out with Jeanne?
Its sounds cool. I bet it's gonna be like a good version of Never Dead. Like a mix between RE4 and Devil May Cry. I hope it won't be like other hack and slash adventures.
Just wait for it...