Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 134

Bayonetta 2~

:iconmadama-bayonetta:
Madama-Bayonetta Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
What are your thoughts about it, what do you think will happen in Bayonetta's next journey and share your rants about it being a Wii U exclusive.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkmwright:
kmwright Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
Wow, he seriously hasn't came here yet.
:icondeannaretha:
DeannaRetha Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I can't imagine what it'd be about - Bayonetta (as much as I enjoy the game) has never had a very clear, strong story - but I think going to the Wii U was a bad idea. Nintendo has always been behind the other consoles (and PC) in terms of design and graphics. For Bayonetta, aesthetics really are incredibly important, and I can't see it being as good on the Wii as it could be on other systems.
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Except it will be on the WiiU, not the Wii. And the studio didn't have much of a choice since Nintendo was the only company willing to fund the project. We also still haven't seen the other consoles' specs and how developers are going to work with them.
DeannaRetha Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
The Wii U doesn't look much different graphic-wise. Besides, as I said, Nintendo's games have always been a step behind everyone else's.
When they were still in 2D, Playstation was in 3D. When the 64 was in 3D, the PS2 and Xbox were in 3D...but with better graphics. When the Wii got graphics the quality of PS2 and Xbox, the PS3 and Xbox 360 were STILL better. I'm highly doubting Nintendo can surpass the other two.

The only thing it MAY have over the other two is the motion-sensing might be better. I don't know because I don't play those types of games, but as far as quality of graphics, Nintendo's always been behind.
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You are comparing a console of one gen with one of the next. In actuality, the SNES was ahead of the Sega Mega Drive, the Nintendo 64 was ahead of the PlayStation (although it had lesser cartridge space) and the GameCube was superior to the PlayStation 2 and only slightly inferior to the Xbox.

The Wii is the first time in a very long time when Nintendo had the graphically inferior console (it was also superior to the PS2 and the Xbox btw).
DeannaRetha Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Okay, fine. I was incorrect about the early consoles.
The WiiU still doesn't look any different than the Wii, nor any better than the PS3 and Xbox 360, so once the next Playstation and Xbox consoles are on the market, I don't doubt they'll be superior.

I was appalled at how poor the graphics of the Dead Space and Prince of Persia games on the Wii were (since they're the only Wii games I bothered playing since all the other games look awful and I couldn't be bothered).
:iconsuperleon:
SuperLeon Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student General Artist
graphics can't really go much farther from here they'll only be slightly better
looks depend on how well thye game devs do it and what engine they use
and like i said they'll probably only be a little better and just have a
new look and added features. i just want to play some good games
DeannaRetha Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Graphics can improve, I'm sure. We can't imagine it because we already see what we have. I'm sure before the PS3 and Xbox, people thought the same thing.

Point is, Nintendo's been at the end of the line for a few years now. Not only have their graphics been sub-par (they're only achieving HD now?), but their gameplay (including the controller itself) is far too gimmicky. The 3DS is basically just another DS because most critics and gamers agree the 3D is crap and gives more headaches than it adds to gameplay. Now the Wii-U has brought in a tablet-tv hybrid? They seem to be selling the type of gameplay over the game, and even the quality of Nintendo-exclusive games haven't been up to par as the other systems. How many games are even Nintendo exclusive anymore? Anything they own (so Mario, Pokemon and Zelda), and a couple others. And anything that's typically not Nintendo exclusive doesn't even make it to the Nintendo systems. Yeah, the Wii-U is getting a few now (Assassin's Creed, Batman, Mass Effect and the Walking Dead to name a few) but overall? I could be wrong, but I doubt even the Wii-U can compete with the current PlayStation and Xbox systems - in terms of what people want - and once that Ouya comes out, and the next generation of PlayStation and Xbox, undoubtedly, the market for Nintendo-exclusive games is going to be quite small. Platinum was better off making it exclusive for a different system.
Probably but it would mostly be because no companies are really interested in the wii u. But I like to keep an open mind in things.
I really hope the guys making conduit 3 find a publisher
and i also hope developers change their minds.
I don't really see the problem with the 3ds. its a good system
and it actually has alot coming out this year.
I generally don't have a problem with the 3d and i'd
play it all day if I could. plus they fixed a few issues on the
3ds xl.
However I also can't comprehend why gamers can't simply play a game instead of missing out because the graphics aren't up to their standards. Nintendo has an HD console. so what. I just want
quality games they keep me coming back for more or leave me satisfied with the ending i got.
:icontheredsnifit:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
To add on, the 64 and Gamecube were both more powerful than their Sony counterparts.
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
The Wii U doesn't look much different graphic-wise.

The U is visually superior to PS3/360; how far superior is up for debate. So if you think visuals made the game on XBox, it's be better on Wii U.
DeannaRetha Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
Hardly. From what I've seen it's on par or slightly clearer.
The Batman comparisons are minimal at best, and what differences there are almost looks gaudy.
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That's because Batman: Arkham City is a port. They aren't going to redo all of the graphics just so they can sell a few more copies of a game that's already a year old.

Games released early in a console's life cycle always seem minimally improved compared to games from the previous generation because developers don't understand the technology yet. Early PS3 & Xbox360 games also looked horrendous compared to what they are doing now.
DeannaRetha Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
When the Ouya, PS4 and Xbox whatever the next version is, at this point I'm not doubting they'll be better.
Nintendo seems to be more about the gimmicks now than anything. The other consoles are doing that too, but really...a tablet? Sorry, I'm over Nintendo and making anything Nintendo exclusive is a bad marketing plan. I don't think many gamers are being sold on Nintendo anymore.
people have already said the controller is comfortable and platinum games
is making beyonetta 2 not nintendo. I think nintendo learn their lesson
from the wii
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Hence how other developers are going to handle the new systems. With the previous generation, some smaller developers have not been pushing the standard for the 360 or the PS3 and higher specs won't help. As to where the major developers are at is a bit unknown (Bethesda could probably keep pushing, but I would start questioning those like EA or Valve.)

Then there is the case as to if the WiiU can be part of the standard. Remember that the Xbox 360 is weak compared to the PS3, but it was not kept out of AAA titles and features like the Wii as the 360 was very similar in design to the PS3 (a controller with solid online play, good support for DLCs, large discs, and quite a bit of processing power to make nice looking games.) It is rumoured that the Xbox 720 will have a controller design similar to the WiiU's game pad, the PS4 being up for question. If this is the case, and the WiiU is not too far behind the Xbox 720 in terms of total processing power, then the WiiU can become a standard and receive features that the other systems get.

(Also, the N64 and the PSOne were competitors, not SNES and PSOne. I remember those two being two separate systems with their own list of games. The PS2 competed against the Gamecube and was roughly even. The Xbox at the time was the one that stood out, which did get a lot of the titles the Gamecube and PS2 got and then some, but not enough to warrant a purchase for some due to pricing. The only time that Nintendo was really out of league in terms of power was with the Wii vs. PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as DS vs. PSP. In the case of the PSP, the DS actually ended up being better due to availability of the system.)
:iconthe-fallen-lord:
The-Fallen-Lord Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
((I've never played the first one but would like to. I think it's a good marketing con but then it makes it difficult for people to keep up all the time.
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I personally think this stunt will give the Wii U some better sales. Besides, no one else would take it, so, why not, you know?
:icontheautisticonenamedm:
Probably getting this for my 17th birthday.
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I was surprised it was going to be a Wii U only game but hey, seeing nobody else didn't publish the game or be partners with the developers, NES will give a hand to help out.
And I actually want to test out that system...once I get the money that is.

As for what this new game will be about? I have to wait and find out.
:iconmacker33:
macker33 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I hate bayonetta.
:iconcodepurpleyedrawings:
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Perhaps Bayonetta will go on adventures with Jeanne. Maybe Bayonetta travels in time. Maybe she helps people with her magic!

But about the PS Vita thing...it's not really pissing me off as it is weirding me out. I don't think the Wii U will sell very good. In fact I think it's going to be like the PS Vita. You know, one of those light, "family" consoles where it's bought for some kid's 10th birthday, and they play it for a week with their 3 year old sister and pretend they're not bored white kids in the suburbs and instead they are in the jungle petting tigers. Finally the kids get bored and more spoiled, and their mother drinks whiskey all night long, because she was so sure her kids were gonna love her if she gave them lavish gifts.

But that depressing bit is not the point, if it's one of *those* consoles, then the game won't sell good (Because remember it's gonna be bought by doting overzealous suburban mothers of young children, and Bayonetta is a sexualized hack n' slash that's spiritually detestable and totally non-jesus.) So it might hurt the franchise. I wouldn't be so confused and have such weird, weird feelings if it were exclusive to PS3, (this is coming from an Xbox gamer) then Bayonetta 2 would have a good chance and a more appeased fanbase. Plus, you know, it makes sense. Bayonetta would sell good in Japan, as well as the US and other countries.
:iconhydris:
hydris Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
...Now that I think about it, Bayo 2's story maybe about [guess-spoiler?].
:iconcodepurpleyedrawings:
CodePurpleyedrawings Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Yeah, why not? Bayonetta did alot of things in the first game, what else does she have to do but help people and hang out with Jeanne?
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Its sounds cool. I bet it's gonna be like a good version of Never Dead. Like a mix between RE4 and Devil May Cry. I hope it won't be like other hack and slash adventures.
:iconmrgamer01:
MRGamer01 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Just wait for it...
:iconpiratesadventure:
PiratesAdventure Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
He is taking an awful long time, isn't he?
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
RIP beat em ups
Beat em ups just need to go.
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
you need to go (fuck yourself)
And I will! <:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
have fun
Thanks.
:icondarkprincearmon:
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
No rants... Can't wait to play it on the Wii U. Hopefully we get the option to DL the first one on the eShop. Maybe they can make it an exclusive with pre-orders of the physical game, or a Free DL for purchasers on the e-shop for the first week of people who DL Bayonetta 2.
:iconxopachi:
XoPachi Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I really don't care that it's a Wii U exclusive even if I've promised to never purchase another Nintendo console. My friend has a Wii U and loves Bayonetta to pieces so I'll just play it at his place. Since the game really was just a flashy Sega and Capcom Easter egg fest with combat that in my eyes make GoW look like shit, I think I'll enjoy the Hell out of it like I did the last one.
:icontronmanz:
TronmanZ Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I'm getting it. The people who bitched about Bayonetta 2 being a Wii-U exclusive are more pathetic than the people who whined about Mega Man, Ken, Cyclops or Venom not being in MvC3 (especially BlackBusterCritic and Angry Joe).
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
In regards to Hoggy, a while back he managed to convince himself that Bayonetta 2 doesn't exist, so hopefully he still believes that and won't rant.
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I wonder why people are throwing such a tantrum because it's for the WiiU. Quite a few games are exclusive for one console, a few years back you normally never got a game for more than one console. So, Microsoft and Sony didn't care enough for Bayonetta to make a second part? Well, Nintendo cared enough, bought it and here we are. Should't we be happy that they are releasing one instead?

Oh, well. I guess I'm the rare kind of gamer who buys consoles for games anyway. *shrugs* d:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing more of it. Hey, maybe it will be a game that makes me buy a WiiU? So far the titles didn't grab my attention, all either released on consoles I already have or not really my genre of games.

From the story... The world of Bayonetta is big and will most likely make it possible to create a new series with her. Who knows, maybe there will be a few really good prequels and sequels. I'll... just wait an see. *sips coffee*

But I really wonder who told you the WiiU is not selling well. O_o
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I wonder why people are throwing such a tantrum because it's for the WiiU. Quite a few games are exclusive for one console, a few years back you normally never got a game for more than one console. So, Microsoft and Sony didn't care enough for Bayonetta to make a second part? Well, Nintendo cared enough, bought it and here we are. Should't we be happy that they are releasing one instead?

It's like when people flipped out over Final Fantasy going from PS3 to XBox - and it was merely being made available for both systems. Fact is, gamers have trouble dealing with their console not getting special treatment.
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh, yeah, I remember. :D It was a bit frustrating for me too, after all I had bought a PS3 just for that game a while before it was announced it would be out for the XBox too. XD
hydris Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Final Fantasy's case is being available to more people. Bayonetta 2's case is being available to less people unless WiiU ownership exceeds the 360 or PS3.

Not tantrum worthy for me, but it's disappointing that I'd have to spend ~300 USD just to play one game as currently nothing else for the WiiU has my interest.
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Final Fantasy's case is being available to more people. Bayonetta 2's case is being available to less people unless WiiU ownership exceeds the 360 or PS3.

That's not the point. The main reasoning for both of the complaints is that people saw their console lose the special treatment they felt it deserved. This is fairly recent; Final Fantaswy didn't see nearly as much backlash after it went from Nintendo exclusive to Playstation exclusive.
It's like when people flipped out over Final Fantasy

It's not like, or not entirely similar situations.
[my previous post].

That was my intention.
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Except I'm referencing another fiasco when Final Fantasy went from Nintendo exclusive to Playstation exclusive, despite the fact that there were no previous FF games for it; to this day, you don't see FF on Nintendo consoles. Identical scenarios, wildly different reactions.
Yes you very clearly are.
:iconmadama-bayonetta:
Madama-Bayonetta Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
((People are always pissed about something they aren't getting, like all the Xbox owners in Japan who can't play MGR now.

As am I, console wars don't make sense anyway.

The pres of Nintendo came out and said it. xD It's sold well but less than they hoped.))
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well, Metal Gear was always a Sony brand. o. Kinda like Kingdom Hearts, which will most likely not hit the XBox too fast. *shrugs*

Consoles don't cost a lot anymore, I'd say. In the worst case you can get a second hand one easily too, which costs even less. :/ I will never understand why people prefer to whine and rant instead of just buying the consoles they need for the games they wish to play.

Ok, granted, most people buy consoles as some kind of weird prestige object. d:
TheRedSnifit Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Well, Metal Gear was always a Sony brand. o. Kinda like Kingdom Hearts, which will most likely not hit the XBox too fast. *shrugs*

Not really. The remake of the original is Nintendo exclusive, and they re-released MGS3 last year for XBox/3DS.
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I stand corrected. :D

I only thought about the parts of MG, which started with MGS on the PS1 and forgot about the old Nintendo Classic.

Still, pretty much every console has games that were never released for another console. We are currently incredibly spoiled, since many old titles get rereleases on multiple new platforms.
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I thought MGR was coming to Xbox
Add a Comment: