Fenniken...

Just a few days ago, Nintendo released a trailer for the newest (and I use that term lightly) additions to the seemingly immortal Pokemon franchise: Pokemon X and Y. During that trailer, we got to see three new additions to the pokedex. One of them was a fox-like pokemon named Fennekin.

Since then, Fennekin fan art has been popping up all over our semi-fair DeviantArt. Traditional drawings, digital drawings, plushies, My Little Pony crossovers. The works.

What do you think about Fennekin? Will it become another rule 34 magnet like Lucario and Gardevoir? Or is it just another addition to the pokedex?
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I could have an entire team of nothing but fox-based Pokemon. That being said I prefer it over the other two starters.
I'm really thinking that this thing will evolve into Amaterasu from Okami. :stare:

It's actually my least favorite, I think... it's cute and I like the designs, but.. eh, it just looks like a normal fennec fox with ear fluff.. I love chespin, though. Froakie is seriously odd-looking, but somehow he remind me of Mozart and such so that's ok.
I don't find it very appealing. Hopefully it's evolutions are better.
Mozilla Firefox. Just sayin'.

It doesn't seem humanoid enough for rule 34 compared to Lucario and Gardevoir, but then again, this IS the internet, so I'm sure you could find Rule 34 Fennekin somewhere if you really wanted to...
Chespin is my favorite.

Fennekin:I'm not a big fan of dog-like creatures.

Froakie:Meh.
Meh. Prefer Froakie.
I drew Fennekin since I found it adorable and well... it's a 6th gen Pokemon so... haha. I doubt it. I personally think that it's just a fan favorite just like the Eevelutions or Snivy. :laughing:
I'll admit it is kinda cute.
I like it, I can't wait to see it's evolution. I get what you are saying though, it seems to be attracting that off sort of attention. I think those kind of people just like foxes.
What Fire fox starter Pokemon fanart are you talking about? :shifty:
Well, I like Fennekin. Its a cute looking Pokemon I'd like as my starter.

I guess it wouldn't be surprising she would be a popular choice, especially here on dA. :) However, those people that think about this Pokemon in a rule 34 situation, well, I feel sorry for them. She's only another addition to the long list of Pokemon! Simple :)
How do you know it's a she?
I too am a fan of the fennec, but I don't think it will be an R34 magnet. That honor will probably go to another creature.
It's a rather dubious honor.
It's a fox

There are countless sparkledogs and 'dog'-fursonas on dA

It's no surprise :B
Will it become another rule 34 magnet like Lucario and Gardevoir?

Well; anybody that browses Paheal on a regular basis like myself can tell you that this is not a question, but a fact.
Personally, I like Froakie better though.
Surprisingly enough, so do I. It's something really different for a Pokemanz starter. Foxes are too technically, but how often does a frog Pokemon get any real attention?
:iconcroagunkplz: :iconsaysplz:You mean noone paid any attention to Croagunk? :crying:
:iconbulbasaurplz: :iconsaysplz:Bulbasaur got lots of attention!
:iconcroagunkplz: :iconsaysplz:Shut up, you don't count, you dinosaur-bud-toad-thing!
One compared to how many Eevee evos? Vulpix and Ninetales? The frogs are neglected. :<
Yeah, foxes and cats automatically gain popularity. Frogs are kind of neglected in real life too. :lol:
They aren't as cuddly.
Hornets and Bees too... Q^Q
View all replies